Those last 300 calories to meet goal

Options
13»

Replies

• louloulou
    louloulou Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    a glass of red wine and/or some dark chocolate is my usual treat if the calories allow
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Your body is a better tool [than] MFP

I don't know about you, but if my body were such a better tool than MFP I wouldn't be on MFP.

:drinker: Yep, this is not a concept that applies to me, either.

Not true. I don't know about you, but I'm on MFP because I love eating, and I sure wasn't listening to my body at all when I was stuffing my mouth with a lot of delicious foods.

Most days I have a bigger breakfast, we've just been out of food in the last couple days lol.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I usually hit perfect macros with about 1-200 cals to spare and I although I feel the pull of deep-seated OCD inside, I can't be bothered to take one sip of juice, one bite of yoghurt etc. so I save them for a splurge at the weekend. That ALWAYS happens!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked this question.I'm getting better about eating close to goal,but save the exercise calories for
    whatever/whenever we eat out.Works for me.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    PopTart, toasted (of course!)=200 calories
    1 teaspoon butter=33 calories (more than a teaspoon is wasted--it just drips right off)
    1/2 cup 2% milk=65 calories
    total=298 calories
  • akaythelion
    akaythelion Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY >:D best 300 cals ever. But i'm doing paleo so no more bread ):
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Protien bar and a glass of milk. I hate wine *ducks*
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Two lager beers or three glasses of red wine or 5 shots of vodka
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I love far too many calorie-dense foods to have that problem.

* Avocado
    * Olives
    * Pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts
    * Dark chocolate
    * A nice rich cheese

Just give yourself a treat. (Provided you actually weigh your food during the rest of the day and *have* 300 cal to spare--there could be other reasons why you're not hungry, e.g., you're eating more than you think.)
  • Francl27
    Options

* Avocado
    * Olives
    * Dark chocolate
    * A nice rich cheese

Just give yourself a treat. (Provided you actually weigh your food during the rest of the day and *have* 300 cal to spare--there could be other reasons why you're not hungry, e.g., you're eating more than you think.)

I use my scale religiously!
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    With 300 calories at the end of the day I have 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 2 squares of 88% chocolate.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    A few spoonfulls of almond/peanut butter will do it if you don't feel like eating much. If you keep having this issue, maybe add a spoon of almond/peanut butter earlier in the day.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I should probably have mentioned that I'm not too fond of nut butters. I do like the chocolate coconut peanut butter variety though :p

Last night I made myself a protein shake smoothie with frozen fruit and I was so stuffed after...
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I should probably have mentioned that I'm not too fond of nut butters. I do like the chocolate coconut peanut butter variety though :p

Last night I made myself a protein shake smoothie with frozen fruit and I was so stuffed after...

Whoops, then I would go for some good dark chocolate or a calorie dense cheese. If you like toast, a piece of toast with real butter and/or jelly is pretty calorie dense.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

* Avocado
    * Olives
    * Dark chocolate
    * A nice rich cheese

I use my scale religiously!

Great, I was just making sure (actually, I peeked in your diary afterwards and it was obvious that you weigh your food).

I would look back through your diary to try to identify the most calorie-dense foods that you like, and use them as treats to help you meet the calorie goal for the day.

About intuitive eating. It's great, but if people were good at it naturally, we wouldn't have the problems we have with obesity, and weight loss and maintenance would be easier. It is important to keep your intake at a certain level for adherence to the diet. I've been eating a bit more than I am hungry for to meet my TDEE, and it hasn't hurt my waistline in the least. What I have found is that when I don't eat enough, I feel it in the next day's workout. So you're right to try to get those calories in.
  • AndyLL180
    AndyLL180 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    3 Light beers or 2 real ones.

However I would likely leave it.

I have my goal set to 1 lb/week which is a 500 cal deficit. So 500 either way is fine with me.

If I have a lot of exercise cals I would leave it for sure... I feel that they tend to be overstated a little.
  • emilyjoan1994
    emilyjoan1994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I leave room for ice cream aalllllll the time! Its my new fav instead of chocolate!!
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    No big deal. As long as I'm close to my goal every day I don't really worry about being under. I figure it's OK because the calorie estimates for exercise may be somewhat exaggerated anyway.