2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    draten99 wrote: »
    Read this

http://www.simplyshredded.com/bulking-guide.html

it's very informative and much more along the lines of what your trying to do.
    Eating "right" is vastly more important than your training regimen. However, you do need to fix the way you train. Try something like

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/german-volume-training-build-more-size-6-weeks

Currently I do 6 on 1 off
    Legs/abs 1
    Back(lower)/bis
    Chest/tris
    Rest
    Legs/abs 2
    Back(upper)/bis
    Shoulder/tris

Try to include the big 3(Bench press, Deadlift, Squats)
    And try to do a little of everything for all muscle groups (machines, dumbells, barbells, cables, bodyweight)

Definitely don't add anymore to your intake you should probably do a short "cut" 4-6 weeks and then back to bulking.

My background story sounds very similar to yours. Started at 135 and got up to about 160 in 3 months then got stuck so I can relate. ultimate goal is still 200~ at about 10%

Bulking is more like a 5k less like a short sprint, your get there just take your time

bolded part is rubbish ….

please define eating "right"...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Read this

Eating "right" is vastly more important than your training regimen. However, you do need to fix the way you train. Try something like

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/german-volume-training-build-more-size-6-weeks

Legs/abs 1
    Back(lower)/bis
    Chest/tris
    Rest
    Legs/abs 2
    Back(upper)/bis
    Shoulder/tris

And try to do a little of everything for all muscle groups (machines, dumbells, barbells, cables, bodyweight)

Definitely don't add anymore to your intake you should probably do a short "cut" 4-6 weeks and then back to bulking.

My background story sounds very similar to yours. Started at 135 and got up to about 160 in 3 months then got stuck so I can relate. ultimate goal is still 200~ at about 10%

Bulking is more like a 5k less like a short sprint, your get there just take your time

Yup. Vastly more important? I don't think so.

so you can eat clean, train like crap, and still have huge gainzzz???
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Read this

Legs/abs 1
    Back(lower)/bis
    Chest/tris
    Rest
    Legs/abs 2
    Back(upper)/bis
    Shoulder/tris

Yup. Vastly more important? I don't think so.

Unless eating right = in a surplus? I have hope, but I'm not holding my breath...
  • draten99
    Options
    Yes eat "right" means surplus in this case. but in all things fitness, diet is about 80% of the battle I'll give training the rest. I never said training wasn't important. It's just not as important.

Obviously I train hard

But How is it worth it to to do all this work going from 135 to 200 and have like 30lbs of fat go on your frame. Just so you cut up and have the off chance of losing any muscle you worked so hard for.
    Just sayin
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yes eat "right" means surplus in this case. but in all things fitness, diet is about 80% of the battle I'll give training the rest. I never said training wasn't important. It's just not as important.

Obviously I train hard

But How is it worth it to to do all this work going from 135 to 200 and have like 30lbs of fat go on your frame. Just so you cut up and have the off chance of losing any muscle you worked so hard for.
    Just sayin

You're not going to gain 30 pounds of fat by eating only fat.

You gain 30 pounds of fat by eating a calorie surplus for extended periods of time with little to no work or no moderation - or even by eating a large surplus over a shorter period of time with little to not work.

Eating clean doesn't mean gains. or no gains.

The way you chose to break down your calorie "budget" while you are cutting is VASTLY more important.

Eating my 1600 calories worth of calories in the form of cake alone can be done. But it won't meet my over all needs- or support my training.

There is a difference.
  • draten99
    draten99 Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    Options
    right. but I guess I messed up assuming that would be understood.... I mean we are on the forums for an app that brakes down your macros for you...

Eat clean. eat surplus, just not so much more that it ends up being stored as fat. Yes training is important just not as important as how you eat.
  • draten99
    Options
    100% clean is a stretch. You need some of that "bad stuff" to. it's not just the overall amount it's the caliber of what your eating. You need foods that are macro and micro nutrient rich, properly portioned, and in the amounts that your body needs for change.

Here I'll correct "eat clean" and say "eating properly to fit your goal"

But in all actuality how you view the fitness matrix is all based on your body, personal preference, personal opinions, and personal experiences.

Never tried to say that my way was the end all be all fact. I just said what has worked and is working for me because, the original poster and myself share very similar stats.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    my time frame is as long as i takes, just want to make sure i'm doing the right things, and i posted my workout already above
    Awesome lifetime goal(because 30 pounds is going to take you a long long long long while)....and a whole day of shoulders. . .what the French fried chicken do you do for an entire shoulder workout? Lawdy son you got some learning' to do.
  • thatsmyspot
    thatsmyspot Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    uhhh ya... that,s why I am here genious