Help me break my plateau? Plus other questions...

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    @Chrisparadise579‌ I sent you a pm.

And I second. .. not again, what??

I'll take a few guesses, probably one of these...
    "ill try to help here but it will be easier over private message" (which is against forum rules)
    "Metabolic damage"
    A variation of increase your calories to lose weight when OPs diary is closed so she may just be logging improperly

It's against the rules to help some via PM? Then why does it exist?

It's against the rules to tell someone you will answer their question better in PMs rather than on the boards in order to somehow profit. It's typical for someone trying to sell something to ask newbies to contact them privately so they don't get in trouble for trying to sell something on MFP. While it's not clear that is what was happening here, I thought it was worth mentioning.
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    OP: try using a food scale if you aren't already and read the stickied post on this forum about logging properly.

That's the first step...

Food scale? Don't blow your money, just weigh your food on your bathroom scale. :wink:

The only place i can put a scale in my house is right in front of my front door. The ENTIRE rest of my house is covered in carpet.

Who covers a bathroom in carpet?

I have a big black sheet hanging on the door to cover the window. I could just imagine the mailman walking up to deliver my mail if the sheet was not there one day and i were trying to weigh myself. And all my food. Haha
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

"ill try to help here but it will be easier over private message" (which is against forum rules)
    "Metabolic damage"
    A variation of increase your calories to lose weight when OPs diary is closed so she may just be logging improperly

It's against the rules to tell someone you will answer their question better in PMs rather than on the boards in order to somehow profit. It's typical for someone trying to sell something to ask newbies to contact them privately so they don't get in trouble for trying to sell something on MFP. While it's not clear that is what was happening here, I thought it was worth mentioning.

I thought that only applied to people attempting to sell things? Otherwise no one would be able to go say "pm me" about anything. No offense but you really are jumping the gun and accusing him of something. I usually don't "white knight" for anyone, but have spoken to him several times in PM and there was no mention of selling things.

Eta: the word thought lol. Forgot to type it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

"Metabolic damage"

I that only applied to people attempting to sell things? Otherwise no one would be able to go say "pm me" about anything. No offense but you really are jumping the gun and accusing him of something. I usually don't "white knight" for anyone, but have spoken to him several times in PM and there was no mention of selling things.

Someone suggested he was posting something he shouldn't "again". Someone else asked "why" he got that comment. So I said I was going to "guess" a few possibilities why. The PM comment was one of my guesses, that's it. If its not the case, that's awesome.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

This.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So where are these links that claim metabolic damage at 3500 calories per day?
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    OP, its a hard question to answer when you haven't provided sufficient information. How long have you been trainingg for? If it has been for a couple of weeks I would say be patient. if it has been for a few months then something is wrong in the kitchen, your probably eating at or over maintanence calories.
  • yopeeps025
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    There won't be because Chrisparadise more than likely will not be returning to this topic. I'm actually surprised he even replied to someone to begin with as he has never done that. It's always the same off the mark information with him.

Sounds familiar right. It's funny how I can just laugh at my fault on this one?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    There won't be because Chrisparadise more than likely will not be returning to this topic. I'm actually surprised he even replied to someone to begin with as he has never done that. It's always the same off the mark information with him.

Sounds familiar right. It's funny how I can just laugh at my fault on this one?

Not really, at least you would stick around and debate. Not only that, as is evident you took the time and corrected what you though. Thumbs up buddy. #bromance #EbonyAndIvory

My facts needed to be corrected or it would be ten years later and I would still be trying to lose the weight which having excess body fat puts me in a high health risk category. It gets worse as we get older. I was also too lazy at first to want to get a food scale and count calories.

OP I did not read if you own a food scale. Get one it will change the way you eat with serving sizes and making getting to your goals easier.
  • xruss7
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

This.

I don't even have a food diary. The last time I did one of those was in sixth grade LOL. I just watch out for sodium levels and carbs, especially fat carbs. I can tell you that almost every morning I eat cereal with milk. And I have a small snack one or twice a day. For lunch and dinner there's always some protein meat in there and some starches like rice or bread. I also drink milk a lot lol.
  • xruss7
    Options
    OP, its a hard question to answer when you haven't provided sufficient information. How long have you been trainingg for? If it has been for a couple of weeks I would say be patient. if it has been for a few months then something is wrong in the kitchen, your probably eating at or over maintanence calories.

Since last June
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

I don't even have a food diary. The last time I did one of those was in sixth grade LOL. I just watch out for sodium levels and carbs, especially fat carbs. I can tell you that almost every morning I eat cereal with milk. And I have a small snack one or twice a day. For lunch and dinner there's always some protein meat in there and some starches like rice or bread. I also drink milk a lot lol.

If you don't have a food diary, how do you know how much you are actually consuming?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    xruss7 wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

This.

Well, since you don't have a food diary, you don't know how much you are eating. When we don't know how much we are eating, we are generally eating too much.

You are eating too much and that is why you are not losing weight.

If you don't want to keep a food diary, it will take more trial and error to find out the amount of food you can eat to lose weight.

Oh, as you lose weight, you need less calories. I say this because I see you've lost 11 pounds.

25 pounds will take awhile to lose too, since it's really not that much.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?

This.

Well, since you don't have a food diary, you don't know how much you are eating. When we don't know how much we are eating, we are generally eating too much.

You are eating too much and that is why you are not losing weight.

If you don't want to keep a food diary, it will take more trial and error to find out the amount of food you can eat to lose weight.

Oh, as you lose weight, you need less calories. I say this because I see you've lost 11 pounds.

25 pounds will take awhile to lose too, since it's really not that much.

^^^ this.
  • xruss7
    Options

If you don't have a food diary, how do you know how much you are actually consuming?

Writes down the calories
  • yopeeps025
    Options

Writes down the calories

With using a food scale?