Still Have Anger Towards Ex

Options

Replies

• AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Best way to get over an x is to eat more hummus.
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Anger no just a lot of pain and extra baggage
  • Melissa90xo
    Melissa90xo Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    z3ayun2knfp9.jpg
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    junestarrr wrote: »
    I 1000% vouch for the glitter bomb.
    AquabearGO wrote: »
    Best way to get over an x is to eat more hummus.

LOL!!! Yes! I am going to to do what everyone has suggested! And I love hummus; garlic and red pepper are my favorite! ;)

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    v92kaaqdnvd8.jpg
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    There is so much love in this thread. You people are cool. (Not sarcasm)
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I was always told if you loan someone money it's best not to expect it back, because guess what, most men that borrow men from their women, aren't real men.
  • barry1992
    barry1992 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    confused
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Holding onto anger gives the other person an awful lot of power over your emotions. He's an *kitten* and will likely always be an *kitten*. Let him own that problem and move on. You can't give him the satisfaction of preventing you from being happy.

This hereby concludes my rare non-sarcastic post of the day. Carry on.
  • undergloom
    undergloom Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Live better, live longer, don't attend their funeral. That's my policy on exes.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    If you are going to do something to his car, only do enough damage where the deductible won't be hit on his insurance.
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am STILL paying for my *£!%&*$! ex...I took out loans so we could live/he could live in the pub. He didn't work and I paid all the bills...oh no! Sorry!! He paid the Virgin TV bill of £40 so thats all OK then.

Thanks I got? Debt and regular kickings and eventually being made homeless. Oh and an attempted rape. In a special place. I repaid him with a restraining order, ABH, Common Assault and Sexual Assault charges and now he has to sign on the Sex Offenders register. Which I'm sure he likes to keep quiet about...but I don't...

Fortunately I have learnt my lesson.

I do not lend. Unless it's like £1 for a sarnie or something. Or dire family emergency.

And I've given up dating bumholes.
  • victoria_f_johnson
    Options
    My ex was emotionally and physically abusive towards me. I busted my butt working while he sat around doing nothing. He didn't even help take care of our son. He isolated me by moving me 6 hours away from my family and broke every cell phone i had. I got away from him I'm waiting on my divorce from him now. I'm just glad i got myself abd my son out of that horrible situation!
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My ex was emotionally and physically abusive towards me. I busted my butt working while he sat around doing nothing. He didn't even help take care of our son. He isolated me by moving me 6 hours away from my family and broke every cell phone i had. I got away from him I'm waiting on my divorce from him now. I'm just glad i got myself abd my son out of that horrible situation!

Sometimes I still wonder "What is WRONG with these *insert bad word* people who feel the need to just be controlling, nasty pieces of excrement?"

Glad I've packed in the feculent boyfriend period of my life, moved to independant single lady for a good period, after which I found a lovely man who I have been with for almost 3 years...partly because I had learnt to live with/by myself and be generally happy with myself. And gain the self worth not to put up with that bull again.

There is a lot to be said for a relationship based on enjoying the other person rather than needing them.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Can you prove the money thing? Take him to small claims court. Keep it all business.

I have a dreaded ex. I spent a lot of time being angry and hating him. It's just not worth the energy. I've let him know that I forgive him, but that doesn't mean I want to be friends or even acquaintances.

Forgiveness is hard because most people think that it means you've accepted the bad behavior. But, that's not really what it is. It's really just about letting go of the "why me" and the "f&ck him" script in your head.

• Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    At least you don't have a child with him. You can just move on.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I decided after an extended period of hating my ex that I wasn't hurting anyone but myself by holding onto my anger. He didn't know I was angry, nor did he care. So I just got over it. :) I'm a happier person for it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Letting it eat at you is what's keeping it alive.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    The problem I learned with taking him to small claims court is that you're going to have to prove that there was an agreement where he would be paying you back. And having a text message or email isn't necessarily proof as it can be constituted as "hearsay".

I learned this the hard way myself. Plus there are limits on small claims court and you'd need to hire an attorney, pay filing and court costs, etc. Depending on the amount he owes you, it might be best to chalk this one up to a lesson and move forward thinking that at least you have the individual out of your life.

And you can either send him glitter (http://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/), hope that karma comes back and bestowes upon him a festering case of anal warts, or make the conscious decision to move forward.

Personally, moving forward and using the experience as a life lesson has worked for me. It's hard sometimes, but I know deep down that he'll have to live with himself for doing the things he did, and I can sleep soundly at night knowing that I have tried to be the best person I could.

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Just realize that anger is as much part of the process as the rest of it. It will pass.