What are you doing for Valentine's Day that doesn't involve food/candy?

Options
124»

Replies

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    quite possibly nothing if my other half doesnt sort himself out
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My BF and I don't really believe in Valentines day. We'll be doing what we do usually. I'll go run errands, make a nice dinner like I do every Saturday night and he'll relax playing video games after a very busy work week. I don't buy chocolate - EVER - and he's not feeling the "crunch" so we are fine.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    FoxyLifter wrote: »
    Going to the hot tub place for an hour or so and then coming home and camping out in the living room. We pull out the mattress from the spare room, place it in the middle of the living room and light the room with nothing but a couple candles and white Christmas lights. :wink:

I really like this idea! If I were not single, I would totally steal it. Although what the hell, I might anyway!
  • GeorgiPorgi1989
    GeorgiPorgi1989 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me - a cynical person about valentines day even though I'm not single? I will be mostly sleeping, going to the gym and eating a lot of chicken. Oh and sweet potatoes more than likely....
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    - just another day
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I'm in a long-term long-distance relationship. I expect my diary for the day will look something like: "Franzia, one box."

(Hey, it's not food or candy...)
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My husband has to work a few hours in the morning, I am dropping him at work and doing a few errands. Lunch out and going to an antique store a couple hours away to pick up some treasure he has found. so, basically road trip and just spending time together. We've been married 25 years and don't do anything major, for us it's the little every day things that we do that mean a lot.
  • Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Nothing of the food variety will be involved other than eating normal meals at home. However, what I will be doing is driving about 120 miles round trip to look at 2 cars my granddaughter, age 24, is considering buying. She asked me for my suggestions on buying a used car so I've done a lot of research on what's available in our area using price and mileage parameters that she and I set. She works a full time job, a part time job and has a 3 year old at home. I'm retired so I have the time. In addition to my wife, she's also my sweetheart so I'll be helping my "other sweetheart."
  • lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hubby bringing dinner home tonight! He leaves on business trip in am for a week...so tonight..we will enjoy a nice dinner..tomorrow and Sunday...I can work it off shoveling the new snow!
  • Lindsay_the_great
    Lindsay_the_great Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Valentine's Day is my stepsons birthday, so it looks like we're celebrating that and I don't think my hubs even remembers Valentine's Day. Honestly, that's fine with me because we celebrate each other more than most couples I know, if you know what I mean.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I'm working but I hope one of my coworkers brings some candy in for sharing :)