how long until you noticed a difference?

Options
2»

Replies

• blossomingbutterfly
    Options
    It's so different for everyone depending on how you lose the weight, where you lose the weight, what you do, where you started, etc. I'm down 35lbs in 4 months and I don't see it but everyone else does. Depends on how you see yourself too.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i was wondering how much weight you lost/how long it took until YOU saw a difference in your body?

the more weight you have to lose the longer it takes to actually see...when you have little weight to lose, even small changes in your weight can be very noticeable.

I lost a total of about 40 Lbs...the first 20 or so pounds wasn't really all that noticeable as I lost fat primarily in my extremities...my hands, arms, legs, feet, neck, etc. Things like watches and rings were loser, but you couldn't really tell from looking at me that I had lost 20 Lbs unless you were really paying attention.

My next 10 Lbs was a lot of change as I started to really lose a lot of weight in my face and started in on my gut. The final 10 Lbs was night and day.
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I felt healthier after 1 week, and saw results after 3. Be patient! I didn't lose anything for the first couple of weeks, but now I'm down 7 lbs after about 6 weeks of exercising daily and eating healthy.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 15 pounds so far and I can't actually see changes in the mirror yet, but I have had to tighten my belt by one notch, so I know its happening. I am planning on taking progress photos again at the end of February, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to see a change from the early January ones I took.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I think I started noticing right away, even with the initial drop in water weight, because I felt less bloated and tired and gross all the time. I started noticing a slight difference in the mirror after about 10 pounds, and of course I noticed how my clothes were fitting looser. (I'm down 2 sizes at this point.)

It took about 15-20 pounds for anyone else to notice, mind you. And those were just people who I hadn't seen in a while. Very few people have commented, probably out of politeness or just out of the fact that most people simply aren't that observant.

I'm at 25 pounds down, now, and my mom finally noticed this week. Or, maybe she noticed before and just didn't dare say anything until now? I don't know. But I asked her if she'd take my watch into her jeweller since she mentioned she was going this week, and I needed another link taken out of the bracelet, and she commented "you've lost some weight, haven't you?" Then again, she usually wouldn't say anything one way or the other -- she's good like that. She never shamed me when I gained weight. And she's held her tongue at all my "no, thank yous" on seconds or starchy sides or extra dessert whenever I've gone there for dinner lately, and she had to have noticed that because of all the extra leftover food. So she's probably just being diplomatic. Which I appreciate, believe me.

I'm about 15 pounds from my goal weight now, and I still want to tone up a lot 'cause my body fat is still way too high for my liking. I don't think I'm going to get the sort of dramatic double-takes from people that others who have lost far more weight get. But that's okay. I'm doing this for myself, my health and my well being, not to stop traffic.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    the first 50 pounds was when i started to notice the difference