Zombies, Run! App

Options
Anyone else a Runner 5?

I use this to get me out and about... it's an app where you follow a story whereby you are in a zombie apocalypse and are running missions. It's great! Who else uses this or anything like it?

K

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm at the point where I need to shell out more money for the rest of Season Two and on and I'm more than happy to do it. It's something interesting to while away the time of a long run while training.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    It's kind of fun, but mine gets glitchy when I try to use music along with it...the music gets quiet at random times and then fails to get quiet when the characters speak. It's a really fun idea, though, kind of like no-pressure LARPing while you work out!
  • Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love that app! I really like "gathering" things on my missions and building my base. It gives running a fun, new purpose. I have all of season two but haven't played through them yet. I keep going back to my NikePlus app because sometimes, I just dont feel like being chased by zombies lol
  • sllida
    sllida Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    what is the app actually called i would be interested in looking it up to try
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    sllida wrote: »
    what is the app actually called i would be interested in looking it up to try
    Same here, I definitely need something to make running fun.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It's "Zombies, Run" as per the thread title.

Can you use it if you're more of a walk/run type?
  • SueInAz
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    It's "Zombies, Run" as per the thread title.

Can you use it if you're more of a walk/run type?

I am a walk/run type, so yes. :grin: I have the zombie chases turned off because they seemed to always happen just as I was finishing a run interval. Now that I'm out of race season I may turn them on again for giggles.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I think there is a zombies couch to 5 k type program too.
  • SueInAz
    Options
    There is. It's called Zombies 5K. I actually used it last year to get back into running after taking 3 months off due to a foot injury. Just as much fun as the regular app with the same cast of characters.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    There is. It's called Zombies 5K. I actually used it last year to get back into running after taking 3 months off due to a foot injury. Just as much fun as the regular app with the same cast of characters.

Great to know, thanks you guys!
  • Keiblob
    Keiblob Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yay pleased to see there's a community of zombie killers out there!!! I'm quite nerdy and almost fancy getting a 'Runner 5' T-Shirt from their website :D
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I use it to walk with google glass. There are only three missions available however.
  • dustyfall
    dustyfall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had so much fun with it last time i tried it, really need to install it again ^^ thanks for the reminder <3
  • candylover3394
    Options
    is the app called runner 5?
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have a Runner 5 tshirt. It's a nice, lightweight material, but quality. Candylover3394 - the app is "Zombies, run!"
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    It's kind of fun, but mine gets glitchy when I try to use music along with it...the music gets quiet at random times and then fails to get quiet when the characters speak. It's a really fun idea, though, kind of like no-pressure LARPing while you work out!

I use Winamp for my playlist and haven't had any problems.
  • HeySwoleSister
    Options
    App is called "Zombies, RUN!" and there are several versions. I have "Zombies 5K," which is a couch to 5K thing. I'm definitely a run-walk sort, which is why I like the aps, their whole method is to help build your "run" segments from a run/walk split. As you go, you run more and for longer stretches. Your pace is up to you and how you are feeling, so even slowpokes like me can feel successful . (SPOILER ALERT: the ap can't see you, so you won't REALLY get your brains eaten if you don't run fast)
  • snarlingcoyote
    Options
    Oh! Just thought - the company that does Zombies, run! also has a new app called The Walk, that's an adventure/spy quest thing, for walking and uses your GPS to know how far you've gone and plots your adventure accordingly, somehow or other. I haven't gotten it yet, but it sounds interesting.
  • HeySwoleSister
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oh! Just thought - the company that does Zombies, run! also has a new app called The Walk, that's an adventure/spy quest thing, for walking and uses your GPS to know how far you've gone and plots your adventure accordingly, somehow or other. I haven't gotten it yet, but it sounds interesting.

Oh, that does sound cool. I may have to try it once the ELEVENTY BILLION FEET OF SNOW MELTS.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,217 MFP Moderator
    Options
    LOVE Zombies Run! It's how I got back into running. Tried the regular C25K app, and just couldn't hack someone telling me what to do... LOL! I used Zombies Run right up until I started training for a half marathon a few months ago. :) Will probably go back to it once my half is over.