It is unlikely that you will lose weight consistently (i.e., weight loss is not linear)

Options

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    And another bump... :)
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't know how all of a sudden you can lose several pounds over a night but not a single pound in a matter of 3 weeks. How does that work?
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't know how all of a sudden you can lose several pounds over a night but not a single pound in a matter of 3 weeks. How does that work?

Don't know but it also happen to me. Almost two weeks with the scale not moving and all of a sudden I was down 2lbs almost overnight..
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Have a read of this: https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html/
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options

I can't explain it. I have been losing quite consistently, with a occasional whoosh. When I have a whoosh it is usually accompanied by a few more bathroom visits, do there is definitely some water retention issue with several ponds coming off suddenly (for me at least)
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    JustRobby1 wrote: »
    Actually, my guess is I would have lost weight consistently the entire time until I reached goal. The only non-linear aspects were either me being stupid, going on vacation and partying too much, or other "life" related matters which made me deviate from the plan. Me going non-linear was self imposed. Otherwise the standard deviation line would of gone in a predictible and consistent downward trend. And You know what? I don't regret the non-linear parts because this allowed me to, you know, live friggin life on occasion. I don't feel there is anything to be ashamed of. Could I of killed myself and gotten to goal a month or maybe even two months faster? Probably, but I would of lost an additional chunk of my sanity in the process.

Most of the time when people claim special snowflake circumstances which stall their weight loss (and I did too back then) they are not really special. The "I am only eating 1000 calories and working out 5 hours a day but I'm not losing weight" posts we often see are mostly bunk. Weight loss for the vast majority of the population can be as linear as they allow it to be.

So then you agree that weigh loss is not linear. Sweet.

Unless you are just trying to be contrary to be contrary in this awesome post. In which case, bogus.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Good day for a bump.
  • try2again
    Options
    ^^^
  • try2again
    Options
    ^
  • try2again
    Options
    ^
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Useful thread. Back to the top!
  • rhiawiz57
    rhiawiz57 Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Yup....I've been at 173ish for a month now after losing almost 30 lbs in the two months before that. The holidays didn't help - i indulged, but that's part of life, and i'm not gaining, and i don't weigh what i did in Sept! I think it's better to keep weight loss goals as part of the overall picture, not the only thing that matters in life. Seems mentally healthier.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    Hello. This needs a bump.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    tumblr_myyn5hl2sZ1svegfjo1_400.gif
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Needs a bump.