It is unlikely that you will lose weight consistently (i.e., weight loss is not linear)

Options

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This could use a bump today.
  • katiemstamey
    katiemstamey Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great post! I always tell myself that progress doesn't happen over night. You got to your current weight over time and it will take time to get to where you want to be :)
  • healthkickkath1
    healthkickkath1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Slow and steady wins the race
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    tumblr_n8da54GYKp1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Bump
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Looks like this needs a bump up today
  • Alycone962
    Alycone962 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @snyp223 this article was encouraging for me. Maybe it will help you too.
  • 4Maxine6
    4Maxine6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Great motivator!
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I had pretty much the opposite experience. My weight loss was incredibly linear. I consistently lost an average of 2lbs a week. I think there was only 2 weeks where I lost less then a pound. Now that I'm in maintainence my weight had fluctuated alot more. Although it appears in the last month I have lost about 3-4lbs . That's going from 280lbs to a trending weight of 171.3.
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    wfbtjPj.gif

Bump.
  • judicap81
    judicap81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    FatMoojor wrote: »
    Thought I would bump this, but add a question.

When you have a "whoosh" weight loss do you log it straight away or give it a few days to see if you settle around there.

In my case, I way myself every morning and only bother to update MFP when the weight changes. I track daily stuff outside of MFP where I can see trend graphs etc.

My scale has been showing me at 154lbs for about 9 days and all of a sudden this morning that dropped down to 152.6, to me that is a big difference. I'm only aiming for about 1/2lb a week loss.

So I'll just keep logging externally for the next 3 or 4 days and if I get a constant weigh in around 152.6, making sure I am fully hydrated for the next few days I'll log that in MFP.

I would log it. You earned it!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I Whoosh! frequently. I log every day in Happy Scale, and I log the new lows in MFP, KNOWING that after a Whoosh! I'll fluctuate up & down in a 2 lb range for 1-3 weeks. If the up fluctuations bother you, then log only after you've had stable number for a few days. This is I like Happy Scale. I can see all my ups and downs and even when I'm sure I haven't lost anything in a few weeks, I can look back and see in fact that I have, and when I'm likely to fluctuate down for the next loss.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Great post. A small gain occasionally is not a sign of failure.
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I had pretty much the opposite experience. My weight loss was incredibly linear. I consistently lost an average of 2lbs a week. I think there was only 2 weeks where I lost less then a pound. Now that I'm in maintainence my weight had fluctuated alot more. Although it appears in the last month I have lost about 3-4lbs . That's going from 280lbs to a trending weight of 171.3.

My weight loss was weirdly linear also but I was thinking maybe that's because I only weighed myself once a week instead of every day. So maybe I just didn't see the fluctuations all the time
  • DoctorShock
    DoctorShock Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    It is funny that this was bumped today because I have been in a very impatient mood for the past few days. I kind of want to tell the OP to shut her piehole but people look at me weird when I talk to myself ;)

LOL. Sane people talk to themselves. Crazy people answer.

Talking to yourself is okay. Answering yourself is also okay. It's when you start interrupting yourself that you need to worry...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • diannethegeek
    Options
    post-60831-panda-high-five-fist-bump-gif-kzwe.gif

Don't mind me. I'm just bumping useful threads.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    post-60831-panda-high-five-fist-bump-gif-kzwe.gif

Don't mind me. I'm just bumping useful threads.

*bump to your bump*

cat-fist-bump.gif

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Bumpy bump
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    What a terrific, well written post! Thank you!
    I started mid August and yes, it's been anything but linear!
    But I just keep plugging away.
    xoxo
  • Whatsername0413
    Whatsername0413 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great post!

Two weeks ago I lost 3 pounds, and then last week I gained 1 back, and was feeling discouraged.

This reminder was very helpful in keeping me from falling of the wagon.