It is unlikely that you will lose weight consistently (i.e., weight loss is not linear)

Options

Replies

• Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It is funny that this was bumped today because I have been in a very impatient mood for the past few days. I kind of want to tell the OP to shut her piehole but people look at me weird when I talk to myself ;)

I clicked back to see who the OP was. HA! :p
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    It is funny that this was bumped today because I have been in a very impatient mood for the past few days. I kind of want to tell the OP to shut her piehole but people look at me weird when I talk to myself ;)

LOL. Sane people talk to themselves. Crazy people answer.
  • sandryc79
    sandryc79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MK24551
    MK24551 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Thank u for this!
  • runmama411
    runmama411 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love this tough love! ❤️❤️❤️
  • segacs
    Options
    Keeping on bumping this one 'til the mods make it a sticky.
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Hey, thanks for sticky-fying this :)
  • segacs
    Options
    Finally I don't have to keep bumping this up! Here's hoping lots of people read this before posting.
  • lynclark21
    lynclark21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great Post....I think we all know this..but need to be reminded daily! I'm 44lbs down since November, but haven't lost any lbs in 4 weeks, but have went down a pant size in the last month! It's slow going, at times, but it does help to have other goals besides just the weight loss goal!
  • luchan68
    luchan68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great post, thanks so much. I've been sticking to the program for six week but have stalled this week and was feeling really low...inspired now to go for a run tomorrow!
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    CW 212
    GW 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)
  • xquisiteluv
    xquisiteluv Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    SW 250
    CW 212
    GW 150
    want to lose about 50 60lbs myself looking for motivation and friends feel free to add me my name is Luekisha I'm from NJ btw...With the support and encouragement from others we all can do this!! Stay blessed everyone! :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    This is a great sticky!

Excellent work, jemhh.
  • bre11217715
    bre11217715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful and encouraging tough love. I lost 23 pounds in two 1/2 months and got stuck as of two months ago. I was thinking last night "OK I lost the weight that I needed to get the weight loss surgery .I'm calling my Doctor tomorrow because something is wrong. My body just can't do it by it self"
    This post literally saved me from calling my doctor today. I had chosen to opt out from getting surgery because I wanted to prove to my three daughters the power of DEDICATION, COMMITMENT, SACRIFICE and HARD WORK . (You see , I went back to college and I am short a few semesters from getting my degree and they saw me give up and now I'm Also Giving Up On my journey to weight loss through HARD WORK and DEDICATION.) This is important to me because my daughters already have insecurities about their weight and they are following me in my footsteps and giving up on their goals. I have nothing bad to say about anyone that has had the weight loss surgery. I think anyone that has had surgery I think it's a wonderful tool, but for me I want to show my daughters that I didn't take an easy way out.Not taking away that I know that weight loss surgery still requires a lot of hard work. I want them to see my struggles and that I kept plugging away with a smile and positive attitude. I want them to see me sweat ,sacrifice, cut my portions, get creative with recipes, and see me enjoy food even if it means finding a healthier alternative. That it's possible to have that slice of pizza and not over indulge. When Runningng out the house it is not an excuse for me to go through a drive thru when I'm hungry because I prepared a bag with delicious fruit , almonds, Salad with grilled chicken that I prepared a day before or prepared a quick protein shake before walking out. Thank you again , I woke up this morning before taking my kids to school and worked out to a 20 minute extensive work out video.I plan to work out harder than ever and start logging my calorie intake again.Excited to start my journey again ....and say bye bye to my 80 pounds, pre-diabetes and high triglycerides :smiley:
  • quiltingducky
    quiltingducky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Boy, do I know this to be true! I have a pattern where I lost semi-consistently at first, maybe the first month, when I was losing weight a few years ago. Then in the 2nd and 3rd month and on, I pretty much stayed the same for 3 weeks out of the month and then the fourth week, usually the week of my menses (sorry guys), I would have a "Whoosh!". All I know is that I am eating at a deficit and logging true calories down from my body uses on average on a daily basis, the weight will come off eventually.

Where I got sidetracked and strayed from MFP before, was thinking that I did not need to log knowing that I just knew how many calories I was consuming (wrong!!). This is my third attempt and I truly believe logging what goes into my pie hole is the key. I also have a buddy this time in trying to lose weight in that my husband finally decided about 6 weeks ago to lose some weight. He's doing low carb and not counting calories, but he works in a very physically demanding job, and I am counting calories while staying low to moderate carb, in a sedentary job, and only just now exercising on my stationary bike for short bursts of time.

• bernardmac
    bernardmac Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree its not precisely linear because we are not mechanical machines but rather biological entities. I tracked my weight loss in an obsessive way and lost 81 pounds in 27 weeks which averages to 3 pounds per week I graphed my morning weight every day in Excel and was able to observe my trend line going in a steady downward direction. This encouraged me greatly because I could see about when I was going to reach my goal.

After the initial 81 pounds were lost the remaining 20 pounds were a different story all together! It was much more difficult to lose each additional pound for many reasons that I don't really understand. The final 20 pounds took about 4 more months. I am now quite happily staying at my goal weight and have been at it for going on 2 years now!
  • ccsantosjr
    ccsantosjr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thank you for the reminder to not give up based on what you see or feel in the moment. Look at the trend.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!

Getting my life back was the goal. Weight loss is a key component.

Enjoying fun activities and exercise is another benefit of health.

It all ends up in a happy place :)
  • muniraeid
    muniraeid Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i recently gained 3kg back, in the space of two weeks, so this posts really speaks out to me. thank you for the well needed reminder!