How obsessed have you become over this???

Options
124»

Replies

• mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Oh boy!!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    you do what works. I can definitely relate as I keep an active journal and record everything, intake, exercise, weigh-ins. Whenever i stop logging...I let my health goals slip so keep doing whatever works for you.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I honestly want to create spreadsheets of my habits as well, but I'm not at the point where I'm that obsessed/devoted to my lifestyle change. I really wish I was. The only obsession I had in the beginning was making sure each day's net calorie total wasn't in the red. I put in a lot of hours of cardio to make this happen, but since I've calmed down/took a break during December, I just can't find the same enthusiasm I had before.

I must get back on track because I still have a lot to lose, but anyways I love your post!

If you're happy and not stressed with what you're doing, then I say don't change a thing.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Ok soooooooo after having a bad week weight wise....(gained 2lbs overall in the 6 weeks I been at this) I thought right I need more info now to see where I am going wrong, and to try to motivate myself some more to do exercise......so I say for an hour (following a work out)making a new spreadsheet, exercise tracking & use it to make a schedule that I must try to stick to for exercise too, I find sticking to my daily goals in the main easy...its exercise I struggle with.....
    Anyway even I then thought maybe this is taking it too far now.....will calm down a bit....what do you lot think....lol

guf62y0e6jdj.png
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I LOVE data! I love your spreadsheet! I wish MFP has a way to export my datas to one because I sure don't really have the time to put together one, but if I could I really would have something this similar...
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    personally would avoid weighting myself twice a day and all the logging would drive me insane pretty fast, but I do commend you on being through with the logging and weighting (of food)
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have just purchased a Fitbit HR so I can collect more data..........More spreadsheets to follow..... :p

• Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    wow. I think its obsessive... but who cares. as long as it's making you happy. doesn't matter.
  • SaxonJus
    SaxonJus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have for the last 7 months been hooked on this app. I fill in weeks ahead of menus, every exercise logged and oh dear tend to know the call for snacks/drinks etc. I haven't done a spreadsheet yet! Even when I went away for a week I prefilled the week with guess food etc! Couldn't bear idea of empty week. Think this and my 9 month endomol app have slightly taken over me.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am a total data "*kitten*"! I download data from Fitbit, MFP and put it into a spread sheet.

I have spreadsheet envy for sure!

I have been told that I stress to much about not stressing out over this and it is stressing me out.

My husband says I need to log in once a day, do my pre-logging and come back at the end of the day and tweak or do I went I log back in the next day..

I am glad there are or were others like this... this week I took my husbands advice! I am logged in to the computer to play around right now... :sB):oB)
  • queenofcalories
    queenofcalories Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    duckykissy wrote: »
    In the past I was way too obsessed with this, to the point where I was having anxiety attacks after going like 10-20 grams over on what I was weighing. It honestly got to the point where I was bordering ED tendencies (to be fair MFP wasn't the first place I showed these). I was doing all the stuff you described as well as eating a very unhealthy, very low fat diet (1000-1200 cals and trying to stay under that 1200). I kept that up for about a year and a bit before crashing and eventually gaining back all the weight plus a few kgs.

This time around I'm a lot more relaxed- more forgiving of bigger days and such. I still use my scaled often (food and bathroom). However, without the anxiety issues, with the forgiveness and the "meh, I'll do better" attitude, and with a MUCH healthier diet, I think that this sort of "obsession" weighing foods and such isn't an issue. I think the moment it starts giving you severe anxiety is really the moment you should start analyzing if you're obsessing over it. Until then, this is just data on a screen and time preparing your meals- what's wrong with that?