Birthday Goals?

Options
Greetings!
I am pretty sure everyone here has probably been on the weight loss bandwagon quite a few times and unfortunately kept falling off for some reason or another. I'm turning 30 in Dec 2015, and decided no more ups and downs- time to make serious and long-term changes. It is definitely easier to keep on track when others are holding you accountable. I'm aiming for 1200-1500 calories intake/day + 10,000 - 15,000 steps 4x/week with the ultimate goal of losing 40-50lbs before Dec 2015.

Thought it would be motivating for everyone interested to state their weight loss birthday goal. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• kitaemma
    kitaemma Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well today I was measured at 25% bodyfat which made me so happy! But by my birthday (September 24th) I'd like to be at 20% and then maintain from there.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in July and I should be at my goal weight by then. I have about nine pounds to go. My only hiccup is that I am moving around then so there will be days of traveling and eating out.
  • gyal3
    gyal3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    good luck girls! we all have plenty of time to see results
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    25 pounds lost by my 50th on May 2nd. :-)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in the mid-130's for my birthday in April. I have NEVER been in the 130's as an adult - I was always 150 or higher. I am currently 143 so I think it is doable :). Good luck to everyone!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I started last March with a goal of reaching 130 pounds by my 30th birthday, that was a goal of losing right around 50lbs. I'm happy to say, with just over two months left until the big day, I've reached that goal. I'm now working on becoming more fit and learning to love my body for what it is
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I have very little time, lol. I guess my birthday goal could be just a couple of pounds.

30 is a great age to be :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My birthday isn't until December. I suppose.y goal would be to be close to or at my goal weight of 125.
  • munchkinettes
    munchkinettes Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My goal is "fit by 40". I'll be 40 in May and won't be at my goal weight, but at least I'll weigh less than I do now and I'll hopefully hit it sometime this year!
  • gyal3
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    I have very little time, lol. I guess my birthday goal could be just a couple of pounds.

30 is a great age to be :)

I never said it has to be this year's birthday :wink:
    Will let know you know how being 30 goes :smile:
  • gyal3
    Options
    My goal is "fit by 40". I'll be 40 in May and won't be at my goal weight, but at least I'll weigh less than I do now and I'll hopefully hit it sometime this year!

Yeah! I'm sure you will!
  • gyal3
    Options
    MamaRiss wrote: »
    I started last March with a goal of reaching 130 pounds by my 30th birthday, that was a goal of losing right around 50lbs. I'm happy to say, with just over two months left until the big day, I've reached that goal. I'm now working on becoming more fit and learning to love my body for what it is

Awesome! You are exactly where I want to be- great job!

• shaunjadon
    shaunjadon Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have approximately 80 days until my birthday. My last weigh in this past friday was 237.2lbs bringing up to a 17.2lb loss in 45 days. I'm setting a goal of 210lbs which is 27lbs in 80 days. I hope this is doable
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Well, I was supposed to be near my goal weight by my birthday at the end of May. Unfortunately, April was a train wreck and yikes! it's nearly mid-May, so I definitely won't get there. But ABSOLUTELY by my next birthday!
  • Chewitz
    Chewitz Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My birthday is 4th July so hoping to lose a minimum of 10 lbs by then :)
  • SallyinIL
    SallyinIL Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in 4 weeks. I'd like to achieve the milestone of a loss of 25 pounds since the beginning of the year. I'm down 22 as of now, so that's another 3 pounds. This is a realistic goal and just another stepping stone to the next goal of having a body mass under 25. I'm 10 pounds from a normal body mass. Maybe I could get there by July 4th.
  • iheartdinosaurs
    iheartdinosaurs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have found that setting a goal day with a specific # lost by that day has generally been extremely counterproductive for me. My 28th birthday is on January 28 - my goal is to weigh less then than I do now. Maybe I'll be at my first goal weight (about 30 more pounds to go), but maybe not and that is ok. My other goal is to be in better physical shape on my birthday than I am today. Totally achievable goals for me!
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I've got another 2 weeks until my birthday and i'd like to get under 90kg until then. I've already lost 5kg. The next big date is the school reunion in December, I'd like to be at goal weight then, which is 75kg.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in June. It would be nice to be down at least another 3 pounds by the end of that month so I would have lost 25 lbs total.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi in October I set a birthday goal to walk every day. Well that has not happened! I had off two months but I have tried to walk almost every single day even if only for 30 min! I planned hopefully to be 180! Well being I still have 5 months I think that is very possible as I hit 219 yesterday! And I do much more than walk every day now! :D