Birthday Goals?

Options

Replies

• taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in July. I am looking forward to getting rid of 30 pounds. (Down 16, 14 left). I don't eat well everyday, but push myself hard at the gym (trying to run a 5k with C25k). Good Luck everyone!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My birthday is at the end of August. I'd like to be down another 10 pounds and to have added some weight to my strength routine.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I turn 39 on July 22. I'd like to be 143 by that point. But time based goals never work for me so just stating that pretty much guarantees it won't happen.
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 on June 21. When I started in January, I was hoping to lose at least 20 lbs by my birthday. As of today, I'm at 17.8 lbs lost. :)
    Of course I still have a way to go for my ultimate goal, but it's motivating to me to have mini goals along the way.
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    BioQueen wrote: »
    I would love to be in the mid-130's for my birthday in April. I have NEVER been in the 130's as an adult - I was always 150 or higher. I am currently 143 so I think it is doable :). Good luck to everyone!
    Update, please?
    My birthday is November 19, and I hope it's possible to lose that 16 pounds I still have to lose. Currently I have lost 15.8 pounds, my overall goal was to lose 32. I am petite (5'1") so my goal is 100 pounds.
  • cazbit
    cazbit Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    gyal3 wrote: »
    Greetings!
    I am pretty sure everyone here has probably been on the weight loss bandwagon quite a few times and unfortunately kept falling off for some reason or another. I'm turning 30 in Dec 2015, and decided no more ups and downs- time to make serious and long-term changes. It is definitely easier to keep on track when others are holding you accountable. I'm aiming for 1200-1500 calories intake/day + 10,000 - 15,000 steps 4x/week with the ultimate goal of losing 40-50lbs before Dec 2015.

Thought it would be motivating for everyone interested to state their weight loss birthday goal. Feel free to add me!

I would love to be at 135 lbs for my 35 birthday in January. I have 45 lbs to lose to achieve it :)
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in July and my goal is to hit 100lbs lost by then. 5 more lbs to go! Then I will set a new goal on the long road to my goal weight :smiley:
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm another one in the fit by 40 club! My 40th birthday is in 17 months. I would love to be at my goal weight by then *still a 130 pound loss* from here. I'm not sure if I will reach it exactly, but every pound I lose is one less pound that I have to lug around & that my heart has to try to support. So I am motivated and I will in the very least be healthier and fitter than I am today.
  • moltobella
    moltobella Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My 35th birthday is August 18th and Im 23 lbs from my goal weight. I think I'll be pretty close to that by then.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in December as well. I'm planning on transitioning into maintenance soon, so my goals are more fitness oriented.

I'd like to be medically cleared for running. :smile:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in December and I'm 5 lbs from goal, so I'd better be at goal by then! My real goals will be to learn some stuff about maintenance and achieve various fitness related goals that I will be setting along the way. By then there should be some weights-related ones, but my next big one is to complete a half ironman.
  • quafferj
    quafferj Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in less than a week, and my goal was to be at 250. Thursday's weigh in put me at 254, so I'll probably just miss it...however with no clothes on (I usually weigh fully dressed) I was at 249, so I'm still giving myself credit!
  • Lizadizzle
    Lizadizzle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My dirty 30 is Sept 22, I'm sure I can lose 30 lbs by then. 30 by 30 sounds awesome :smiley:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I turn 39 on July 22. I'd like to be 143 by that point. But time based goals never work for me so just stating that pretty much guarantees it won't happen.

The only occasion a time-based goal worked for me was when my son got married in March 2007. I was nearly 140 pounds when they announced the wedding in late December. I went nuts, eating hardly anything, exercising like crazy and managed to hit 120 lbs. by the wedding date. After the wedding, instead of maintaining (oh, how I wish I had MFP then!), I gradually gained, and gained, and gained until I hit 169.8 in 2014. That's when I said whoa! I lost ten pounds over six months before joining MFP, and am very grateful for the support here. This time I'm losing a lot more slowly, but it's definitely staying off. I'll continue to set goals for myself, but nothing less than a six-month time frame, and then it my be the first goal of two or three.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    My birthday is at the end of September. I'd like to have hit my first goal weight by then, which is 80kg/179lbs and would nudge me out of the "obese" and into the "overweight" BMI category.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    My birthday was last week, my goal was to be under 100kg. I was like 5-7kg off.

My next goal, probably less obtainable of realistic is to be 85kg by mid October

Maybe not completely unrealistic. 22weeks and 22 kg to go
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

My next goal, probably less obtainable of realistic is to be 85kg by mid October

You're right, not realistic. Maybe wait until your next birthday in 2016.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

You're right, not realistic. Maybe wait until your next birthday in 2016.

Yeah. Going to try to reach it with out being crazy or extreme. If I don't make it I don't make it.

But unless my weight loss slows down drastically I should make it close, like low 90s. I don't know, just have to wait and see.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    My 35th birthday was last week and my goal was to reach 35lbs lost.

I actually did reach my goal, though I promptly sabotaged it with all the birthday food and beer and cake that I consumed. Oh well. I'm well on track to reach my 40lb goal weight by next month, so it's all good.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    My birthday is in October. I'd like to be at goal by then. I have 10.4 more pounds to go, so I should be able to do it.