Glasses while exercising?

Options
13»

Replies

• KimberlyinMN
    KimberlyinMN Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I get a headache if I wear glasses while exercising. I think it's the whole sweating thing and trying to keep the darn things on. Eyeglasses... and sunglasses when I am wearing my contacts.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I run a lot and wouldn't know what to do without my prescription shades!
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    For fogging, try putting a very little baby shampoo on the lenses, rubbing it in, then rinsing them off. Got this tip from a scuba enthusiast.

Don't have a baby nor do I wanna buy baby shampoo lol
    But I'll google alternatives

It's a buck at the dollar store. I've tried the alternatives. They're pricey and don't work so hot. Finally went and asked scuba coworker, who laughed and gave me the secret. But feel free. . .

An alternative I found was dish soap. Seeing as its something I already have on hand, no need tp waste my time or money heading to a dollar store

Be careful! The reason for baby shampoo instead of other soaps is that the residue that keeps your glasses from fogging won't irritate your eyes.
  • another_chelle
    another_chelle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I wear contacts only when working out; they bother my eyes if I wear them for an extended amount of time. I do sometimes wear my glasses during workouts but as others have said they slip down my nose.

I wear dailies contacts which are thinner and easier on my eyes Use once and then throw away.
  • haysavam
    haysavam Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I like to wear my glasses when I run on the treadmill so I can get lost in my run and just go with the flow instead of focusing on my time. Especially beneficial if I am watching how much time I have left those last few minutes. I never run outdoors in glasses.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The guys in the plants around here all wear the cloth eyeglass straps if their safety glasses aren't the goggles type. ( We just think we get hot exercising! It gets really nasty out in shops and power plants and petrochem plants! Guys welding, plus 110 in the shade. . .) That's what the safety departments hand out. They're the kind that are Terry cloth in a tube with the big bead so you tighten the straps up. I have a couple of pair in safety orange, but I've seen similar for sale in less florid colors for about $6 in stores, sold with the sunglasses. This is what I used until I got my goggles. Worked pretty well.

• blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I have some very light, rimless glasses that are great for exercising. My big goth black ones look cool but I get spots on my nose and between my eyebrows if I wear them whilst exercising. I used to use contacts for swimming but then I got prescription goggles and they're miles better, so I use them instead.