Short girls! Anyone 5'1 ish that has a success story?

Options
Muppyooh
Muppyooh Posts: 290 Member
I'm trying to picture myself at the end of this journey.

Replies

• Muppyooh
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing!! Great job. There is hope for me!
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and down 67 pounds emlktmbrgyxk.jpg
    kfyyjoyxff3r.jpg
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    That's me in the yellow shirt
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Here is my before/after from after losing weight 2 years ago.

I've had my son since then and am struggling to lose the 15 lbs I've since gained, but hopefully the photos help!

• Muppyooh
    Options
    Wow!!! All you girls look amazing!!! Thanks for sharing. I feel better that I will look like that eventually!
  • metrabolic
    metrabolic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    <<<
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm a success story in progress :smiley:

I've just hit my first milestone!!! 5kgs lost!!!!!

Ps I'm 5'1
  • kerryadams21
    kerryadams21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Sparlingo I was randomly searching before and after pics on the net, feeling very demoralised at the skinny to super skinny pics I stumbled across yours. A true and honest reflection of weight loss. Im 14 weeks postnatal with my second child are your photos were truly inspiring. Thank you so much for posting. I decided to start using MFP again and (rather creepily I know) regularly look at your pictures for motivation. :)
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. Not a success story yet, still a work in progress :) Starting weight in Feb/14 was 224, after 3 pregnancies/3 c-sections. Down 57 lbs at this point. Still 30ish to go.

<-- starting and current pics
  • Angiefit4life
    Angiefit4life Posts: 210 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Started December 2014, 36 pounds down as of today. just a few more to go but hoping to gain some muscles soon;) the next chapter.

61 inches CW 120-121 On day 178

5nhd3034tsdu.jpg
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    5'1" from 11stone 2lb to 9stone 12lb. Still going but you can see the difference it makes. omjwydzm0t61.jpg
    (I'm the short one in the one photo and the adult in the second!)
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Short girls are the best, as the above posters have proven!
  • katnroyal1987
    katnroyal1987 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 down 130 lbs. pt0l98viqc2n.jpg
  • anewghost
    anewghost Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and lost about 116 lbs since Jan 2013. Not a success yet, I'm still 45lbs above "healthy" bmi(not that bmi matters much anyway) and I'm still wearing plus size clothes.
  • traceyleighgirl
    traceyleighgirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can see the before pictures on my profile. My current one is at 118 lbs...I'm down from 200 lbs. Its been a long, long journey. I still struggly with body image though. My next step is working on toning my body, especially my tummy, as you can see in my profile photo.
  • jodybo2
    jodybo2 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. 38 years old. My highest weight was 194. 121 now. I was 136 when I began MFP. I lost most of that weight before mfp by exercising more and eating a few more salads. When i started mfp, I didn't lose a bit the first two years because I was overestimating my exercise calories and had a major pepsi addiction. I started using the TDEE method - 80% once I figured out what my maintenance calories were (about 1950). I now aim for an average of 1600. I am losing slowly but I really can't seem to eat less than that or I want to eat someone's face off :# The best advice I have learned from this site is to eat lots of protein and lift heavy!!! My body has really transformed since I began stronglifts 5x5.
  • RV_08
    RV_08 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"0 and have lost 42lbs in a year! There is hope, especially for someone like me who LOVES food!

here's my before and after..

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10231558/before-and-after-5-0-and-42lbs-down#latest
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 down 130 lbs. pt0l98viqc2n.jpg

Awesomeness!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!