• jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    ?FileName=Yoddler_222_Large.jpeg
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    edited February 2015
    Troutsy wrote: »

Squat+rack+girl

Laughed out loud. Last night as I'm benching my trainer starts telling me how we're going to ask to work in with some newbies who are (of course) curling in the squat rack. Midway through my last set she got a lot more forceful with her Push! Push! Do it! Get it done!

Then I realized it was so that as soon as I racked she was racing across the room the grab the squat rack the newbies were finally deserting. I swear she looked just like this pic. Except bigger and with dreads.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »

Squat+rack+girl

Laughed out loud. Last night as I'm benching my trainer starts telling me how we're going to ask to work in with some newbies who are (of course) curling in the squat rack. Midway through my last set she got a lot more forceful with her Push! Push! Do it! Get it done!

Then I realized it was so that as soon as I racked she was racing across the room the grab the squat rack the newbies were finally deserting.

I have definitely done my fair share of running to a squat rack lmao. I consider it my cardio.
  • MrsKGrady
    MrsKGrady Posts: 276 Member
    run-good-for-you.jpg
  • bettieb1988
    bettieb1988 Posts: 122 Member
    Lol at Richard Simmons!!!! I always wondered about him. Hhah

What's to wonder about? He brought down the house in his guest appearance on Whose Line. Once I saw that, Richard Simmons could do no wrong by me. One of the best sports on the planet.

Was referring to the meme about him working out his whole life and not being very fit lol.

And also DopeitUp I disagree about cardio videos not doing much for you. Depending on what it is, it certainly can. Especially some of the kickboxing ones and weight training ones. No diff then taking a class at the gym. After my first child I lost 30lbs that way.

As with your cardio kickbox videos, I think Richard Simmons is quite fit and very good at inspiring decades of people to move around a little more. Benching 300 lbs and ripping off shirts with rippling abs and biceps is not the only definition of "fit", as the Olympic marathon field and women's gymnastics competition, Russian ballet troupes, etc. will attest. And that's not even counting his epic victories at being a decent human being. (Not saying that powerlifters can't also be great dudes and dudines).

cycling-meme-8.jpg

BqIMwMaCYAA0AsW.jpg

Don't get me wrong I wasn't puttin the guy down. But when I look at him my first reaction is not "wow he's a really fit guy" personally I have always felt that he looked like he would benefit from eating a bit more base on how he looks. And again this is just based on appearance well because that's what that particular meme was referring to. I also don't agree that those other groups don't "look fit" women's gymnastics, really?! Lol dxjmiabry27i.jpg

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    that's hot.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    a6JvN7i.jpg
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    cycling-meme-8.jpg

Honest question, is this supposed to be a real "fitspo" image or is it a parody/joke?
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    cycling-meme-8.jpg

Honest question, is this supposed to be a real "fitspo" image or is it a parody/joke?

No clue. But as an unabashed ultra-endurance sports junkie, I would shoot myself if I looked like that. Many pro-cyclists end up like this however. I'll stick to Ironman though so at least I get a reasonable amount of resistance training in the pool :)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Womens-Weightlifting-Meme-2.jpg
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    glevinso wrote: »
    kn3aqnhy4okf.png

Not necessarily true. The amount of food that I consume daily would shock most people and I still need to consume copious amounts of beer to stay a normal weight :)

Needing beer to maintain weight.....you are doing it right!!!

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    1328887352258_8168694.png
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    00984b38186cd70a0bfc1c5eb36538c3.jpg
  • jessupbrady
    Weight-Lifting-Level-Jedi_o_106032.jpg
  • jessupbrady
    57896366.jpg