"fat" clothes?

Options
13»

Replies

• amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i started off last year in a size 16 jeans. by christmas this year, i was down to a 10/12.. but held onto a few pairs of 16s, i was so scared to get rid of them. what if i gained it back? and i felt bad ditching all the things i spent money on, too. but now, by this spring/summer, i'm down to a 6/8 and decided "its time to clear out this closet of clothes that i can't even wear!" its so discouraging to have so many things around that dont fit. and i try to wear some shirts and stuff still, cause i just loved my clothes, but it makes me look so frumpy.. which in turn makes me think i havent come as far as i HAVE! so this weekend i put my clothes up on a flea market page on facebook and had some ladies come buy them! with the bit of money i got, i went out and bought new jeans!!! i sold my 16s and bought 6s! it felt soooo good to know someone could put my clothes to use and was good to have a little bit to put towards some clothes that FIT!

it was also the first time in quite a while i had the "jumping up and down in the fitting room" moments. i went in expecting to buy 8s cause my 10s were a little big.. only to find the 6s fit perfect! and to wear clothes that fit my body, i finally was able to see my more recent results that were hiding in my frumpier clothes!!

i still have lots of my bigger clothes left and i plan on donating them or trying to flea market the newer ones that are in great shape!
  • lynus85
    lynus85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I sold all my clothing except for my biggest pair of jeans. I still have them in my closet and try them on from time to time to remind myself how I used to be and how i never want to be there again.
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    As I drop sizes, mine are being donated. That way there is NO going back! :happy:
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    We have to dress up at work, so all of my dress clothes went on the tables in the lunch room, and I sent out a mass e-mail to staff letting them know they were there and free. Those clothes were gone in an hour or two!
  • NumbrsNerd
    NumbrsNerd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I sold all my clothing except for my biggest pair of jeans. I still have them in my closet and try them on from time to time to remind myself how I used to be and how i never want to be there again.

I wish I would have done this.
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I'll donate everything once I am at my first goal (60 lbs). I already need to buy new pants / shorts, but I'm waiting to lose another 10-15 lbs before spending the money.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I gave all mine away to friends or goodwill. I now have 3 pair of pants and 3 skirts. Unfortunately no shorts or jeans have made it. They're all gone.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I decided that they were better off finding a new home. I will NOT get back into them, they vary from 2-3 sizes too big and look ridiculous on me. It also forces me out of the comfort zone. I don't have any fall-back clothes anymore, so if I gain weight, guess what? I have to go buy all new "fat" clothes. Buying clothes in smaller sizes is nice when you get to do it. Having to go back UP in sizes? Notsomuch. Additionally, I'm done having children, which, if I weren't, I might have hung onto a few of them as a cushion around pregnancy, but certainly not ALL of them. I gave away at least 8 pair of pants AND 8 pair of jeans, along with a multitude of tops. My cousin was having a garage sale in order to help offset costs of her stay after having a double lung transplant, so I gave them to a worthy cause, as well.
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I gave away 3 garbage bags full of bigger clothes to the good will. I keep one pair of the largest jeans I wore in my closet....I pull them out when I'm feeling discouraged.
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    A Goodwill opened up literally two blocks from my training gym. This is why I own no shorts at the moment. (Well, I have gym shorts, but I'm not wearing those in public.) I've just been cleaning out my clothes one pile at a time and I've been dropping off a bag or two every time I go out there.

There isn't any reason to keep them. Even if a couple of years from now someone hooks you up to one of those goose-fattening funnels and forces you to gain all the weight back, those clothes won't be in style anyway. And it's better not to have a fallback, because "are my pants getting tight?" is a much better measurement than a scale number, and if you have backup pants then you'll never get that signal.

Exceptions: keep one item of clothing for before/after photos, and if you are planning on having kids keep a few of your favorite stretchy comfy things for those in-between "not in maternity clothes yet/anymore but can't wear my regular clothes anymore/yet either" months.
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I kept mine for a year 'just in case' and just recently decided to donate them. I kept the pair in my profile photo and a pair of shorts. Just to show me that I HAVE made progress. I need that for the days I feel that I haven't changed much and for days I have 'I am fat' feelings.