I say Star Trek!

Replies

• rladd6421
    Options
    Star trek :)
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! But now that JJ Abrams is handling the new Star Wars, I fear it may be better than ever
  • Tattedupmommy5
    Tattedupmommy5 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Sorry neither.. Lol..
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Oh come on!
  • Tattedupmommy5
    Tattedupmommy5 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Lol.. My brother drove me crazy with Star Trek and Star Wars
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Neither here too.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Lol.. My brother drove me crazy with Star Trek and Star Wars

Yeah, I get to do that sometimes lol
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Like, come on. I showed up at a Star Wars convention wearing Trekkie gear.
  • MoriahJN
    MoriahJN Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Star Wars! I like the story and characters better, as well as the Star Wars universe. It's just so awesome! But I also love Star Trek as well, so I don't buy into the hate that the hardcore fans have for the other side sometimes.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    I actually like the 70s Star Wars. The new ones that Lucas did just didn't grab my attention. Felt like he was showing his new technology more than anything.
  • MoriahJN
    Options
    Too much greenscreen is too much (like Hobbit movies vs. LOTR movies, but that's another topic) and the realism of the old movies just captures my heart! <3
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    What? Both trilogies were all about the greenscreen. I was highly upset and disappointed with the last Hobbit movie. It ended in a whimper :(

But I agree with the realism of the original, it was all about the characters, not the special effects
  • MoriahJN
    Options
    I am all about character and storyline in all movies, never special effects or "how the universe works" - I like that to take a back seat.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    So you like science fiction, but not too much of the special effects?
  • MoriahJN
    Options
    Yep. It has to be more about the characters. Special effects are fine, but they don't make the movie. They have to support the plot.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Cool, that's why I like this new up and coming director, Neil Blonkamp. He's directed District 9 and Elysium, now coming out with Chappie. His movies are awesome. Even seen a few short stories prior to his big break. He's all about the characters, with the SFX supporting the movie, not driving it, and it looks so darn realistic!
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The new Star Wars is supposed to be mostly focused on the storylines and less elongated luminous glowsticks flying around.
  • Noelv1976
    Options
    Can't get bored with the new Trekk series.

• Noelv1976
    Options
    The new Star Wars is supposed to be mostly focused on the storylines and less elongated luminous glowsticks flying around.

Yeah, that killed me. That's all it was! Lots of lasers and colorful sword beams flying all over the place