What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    How tight my clothes were. I have lost 23 lbs but not had to really change any sizes. I didn't realize how tightly I must have been wearing them so now that they actually fit, I am perplexed as to how I used to fit in them. My blinders have been on for 10+ years.

Yep.
    One of the things that drove me back to MFP, and hopefully to long term success, was what happened after the one time I lost weight and gained it back. It was about 30 pounds. The clothes that I wore the last time I was at this weight did not fit as they did before the weight loss. I learned that I put on FAT when I regained the weight.

I had already been experiencing the change in body composition that comes with aging and staying the same overweight amount. My weight number was stable, but my shape sure had been changing. When I got back up to the same weight I was at before I started the competition I had parts that now literally jiggled. Parts that had not jiggled before.

Maybe this should be in an Ah ha! thread?
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    how baggy my shirts and pants are getting... down two pant sizes. Have over a dozen expensive slacks stacked in guest room. Planning on giving them all to Hospice soon. Right now on the cusp of another pant size but they still look a tad obscene to wear in public yet.. haha
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    and drawer space
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    How tight my clothes were. I have lost 23 lbs but not had to really change any sizes. I didn't realize how tightly I must have been wearing them so now that they actually fit, I am perplexed as to how I used to fit in them. My blinders have been on for 10+ years.

I've lost 34lbs so far and I have only dropped 1 pant size. Shirts still fit the same, underwear, everything else is the same size. Kind of disappointing really. I'm almost at my goal weight and I am currently 2 sizes above where
    I used to be at that weight.

Add in heavy lifting if you haven't already. you'll start to shrink and drop sizes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!