What is your resting heart rate?

Options
2»

Replies

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    When I put on my HRM just before I begin my workouts… the initial reading has about 67. Which is DRAMATICALLY lower than it was 10 months ago when the trainer at the gym took my pulse to figure out my target range. I have no idea what it is just upon waking.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    62 isn't brady. I'm "obese", too, and have a RHR in the low 50's.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the mid to upper 60s. Yesterday when I checked it was 66 and just now it was 68.
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    I am 45 and 164cm 50kg and my waking heart rate is 33. It's usually 38 so 33 is too low for me and am feeling fatigued so off to doc to review medications etc.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Mine was in the low to mid-sixties when I decided to lose weight and get fitter.
    Now it's 48 - 50bpm.
    I'm 55 years young and cycle as well as weight train.

(Heart health is a big motivator to me as my Mum's last decade was severely compromised by a heart attack.)
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Waking heart rate 32, resting heart rate 40/45 - I have been diagnosed with bradycharida, when working out my heart rate can go safely to 150 or more with no problems according to my cardiologist
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Resting heart rate is mid-50s. 70lb ago it was in the high-70s.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually 54-55 bpm, higher (58-59) if I'm stressed or sick. I've only been tracking it since last August when I got my Fitbit Charge HR, and was also initially surprised to find it so low. I'm 57 YO, 6' and 177 lbs, down from 255 lbs, and my routine is not SUPER athletic -- twice a week workouts with a trainer and lots of walking. I keep meaning to ask my doctor what my resting heart rate was before I lost the weight -- I am very definitely healthier now by most measures (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.) but I'd be interested to see if the weight loss and exercise actually lowered my heart rate, and what the progression was.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked it was 48.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I check mine everyday 53-60 I'm 47 years old 185lbs, cycle minimum of 400 miles a month maximum 678 miles, I lift weights 4 days a week but the number one factor in my lower heart rate has to be my divorce..
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Usually in the 40's after I wake up. Now, at lunch time and after my morning coffee it is 52 bpm. On the bike, I will routinely take it up to the 160's and 170's for the intense intervals.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    In May I was diagnosed with Tachacardia, resting hear rate >100 bpm. That sucked. My doc put me on a calcium channel blocker to lower it, but for the month it averaged 92 bpm resting. I lost 50 pounds from May to November and started walking. My average for November was 65 bpm, without any medication!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    High 40's to low 50's on waking mine is shocking!!! That bloody alarm is my worst enemy lol on the weekends when I wake naturally I forget to check it
  • ladywishingstar
    ladywishingstar Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is around 80-90 at most times... but I also have syncope so theres a reason why lol
  • mostwhimsicalchap
    mostwhimsicalchap Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    @blackcoffeeandcherrypie low resting heart rates are neat and all, but I wouldn't put much stock into them. Yes it's true that if are physically fit that you will generally have a lower resting heart rate but there are a lot of other factors that come into play. Stress levels, hydration, electrolyte levels, intrinsic factors like genetics or congenital heart conditions, etc... all play a role. I've met and trained with plenty of people who brag about how low their resting heart rate was only to find out their endurance and total aerobic workload capacity to be not very impressive. What's important is that you feel good and are making positive strives in your goals :)