How do you eat your yogurt?

Options
13»

Replies

• CEThornton
    CEThornton Posts: 45
    Options
    My absolute fave is plain chobani with a sprinkle of coconut flakes (not the sweetened ones) and some ripe mango, mabye a few chia seeds to keep me full. love coconut and mango, its sweet but not too sugary!
  • CEThornton
    CEThornton Posts: 45
    Options
    I actually use greek yogurt, nonfat plain, like you mentioned, in EVERYTHING because it is a good source of hidden protein, and when you mix it with fun, flavored food, it camouflages the texture. I make chicken salad, ranch dip, onion dip, macaroni salad, sandwiches, baked goods, anything with sour cream basically substitute the yogurt. Skinnytaste.com has a lot of recipes that use Greek yogurt.

LOVE SkinnyTaste!!
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Fresh berries + plain greek yogurt + drizzle honey + granola + flax + rolled oats. YUM.
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    finely sliced apple and cinnamon. Trust me, you will be ADDICTED in no time ;) any fruit in there makes it heaven!

^^^ this is by far my favourite way to eat greek yogurt, but when I want to switch it up a bit, I mix a teaspoon of strawberry jam and a few blueberries in instead. I start my day off with this at least 5 days a week. Yumm!
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.

:laugh: This.

Seriously, I get plain Fage and mix in my protein shake (cookies and creame, at the moment). Surprisingly good!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything consistently, but one thing I do is mix it with a ridiculous amount of cinnamon and dilute with milk (cow/almond/coconut - whatever's handy) and add a tiny bit of splenda for a cinnamon smoothie.

ETA: Oh! I also like to use it as sour cream on my low-fat hash browns.
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i eat yoplait 'source'...they have all kinds of flavors and selections. its only 35 cal and 5 grams of carb in 100 grams and it is so delicious it makes me feel like im eating pudding. sometimes i add a tbsp of manderin oranges and 1 slice of canned pinapply to it if im extra hungry. i buy it for the dog too...she loves it. she thinks its ice cream.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You just might be surprised how you get used to the taste/texture of plain greek yogurt. When I first tried it, I wanted to scrape my tongue off it was so sour! The flavored ones were pretty good though so I started eating the Chobani fruit on the bottom yogurts (just about every flavor except orange is great!) or the Chobani bites or Champions berry flavor.

One day on a whim I decided to get the Fage side cups and the consistency of the yogurt was amazing! On another whim I decided to try the yogurt without the fruit stuff mixed in and was so surprised how much I loved it! Now I buy the big tubs of Fage plain 0% or 2% (prefer the 2% but it's sold out a lot around here for some reason) and dole out about 3/4 cup into those lovely Ziploc snack containers and add about a Tbsp of all natural strawberry preserves. YUM! It's my snack every day.

ETA: I'll admit that I'm a bit of a greek yogurt snob. I won't buy any brand that doesn't list the active cultures on the side or that has any fillers listed in the ingredients, especially now that I only buy plain.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    With a spoon.

:laugh: This.

Seriously, I get plain Fage and mix in my protein shake (cookies and creame, at the moment). Surprisingly good!

Me too! Mix in a scoop of Isopure and it's awesome.

Sometimes I'll add banana, pb, pb 2, or plain! I actually like the taste and texture for plain, fat free greek yogurt.