My WORST (very bad for me) Guilty food Pleasure

Options
I must say, I LOVE fat on meat. Pork fat, beef fat, FAT!!! I absolutely love it.

What better way to pack fat on your body than to literally eat fat? lol SUCKS.

I control myself, and still manage to lose because I don't eat a lot of it all the time and would buy lean meat to avoid the issue.

I know some people find this disgusting.

Anyone have any similar bad food habits?

Replies

• majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat. Eating more calories than you expend makes you fat. Enjoy what you love--while keeping your consumption within your daily goals--and stop feeling guilty.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah. I just mean the fat itself is high in calories and not very healthy. Like I said I stay within my calories so I stay in control. Nowadays I will indulge and not over-indulge. I guess I just meant those things that aren't the best choices but you still enjoy.

I def follow IIFYM :) and it's working :)))

I was wondering what other people just can't help but enjoy...especially those things that other people might find gross. My boyfriend hatesssss fat and laughs at my love for fat (playfully of course :D).
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Fat is high on my list of indulgences also; a nice marbled steak, the small side of the pork chop, fried chicken thighs, the giant Polish sausage with the peppers and onions at the fair, ribs...

I still eat some of this stuff, just not as often and not as much at one sitting.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Fat is high on my list of indulgences also; a nice marbled steak, the small side of the pork chop, fried chicken thighs, the giant Polish sausage with the peppers and onions at the fair, ribs...

I still eat some of this stuff, just not as often and not as much at one sitting.

I think bbq ribs are my weakness!!! (I have a HARD time limiting myself but I find a way to do it) and that's what had me thinking. My sister made some last night and they happened to be very fatty. She thought it was gross, but I totally went for the fat! Most people I talk to don't like the texture, but I love it and it holds on to so much flavor!
  • 55in13
    Options
    My last rib indulgence was on Memorial Day and I pretty much stuffed myself, but for the weekend I ran 7.6 miles Friday night, 3.9 miles Sunday morning and 7 miles Monday night (with the ribs still in my gut; that was the toughest one) and was well behaved the rest of the weekend, so it was like it never happened...
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Greasy, cheesy, grilled patty melt with extra sauteed onions....
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Hot wings. Oh so good!
  • 55in13
    Options
    Wow - 2 more things I left off my list - patty melts and hot wings. It's funny; one of my kids asked if it bothered me for them to have ice cream while I didn't and I said no, that was an easy one to give up. Sure, I like ice cream and desserts but I don't feel drawn to them like I do the fatty meats. As was said earlier, if they really are just a rare treat and accounted for, it really isn't a problem. Brats is another...
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I like honey bbq wings myself :) I'm a punk when it comes to hot foods, but I do have them sometimes.

Yeah fatty meat is a tough one to give up. I always thought I was a sweets person, but it is a lot easier for me to pass up then the fat filled meat!
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Maple. Bar! Om nom nom!! :love:

T_portland_4_t607.jpg
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    Those look interesting lol I should try
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    poutine for me.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings and creamy pasta....
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I've read that you should pull the skin off of fried chicken to cut down on fat/calories. What??? The skin on fried chicken is the best part. I could eat a plate of fried chicken skins. I don't however. :ohwell:

ETA: Not my #1 weakness though. That would be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
  • mandeenicoleb
    Options
    I've read that you should pull the skin off of fried chicken to cut down on fat/calories. What??? The skin on fried chicken is the best part. I could eat a plate of fried chicken skins. I don't however. :ohwell:

ETA: Not my #1 weakness though. That would be Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

I love skin on my chicken....I'll cut calories in other places :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Chicken wings... I could eat 50 of them if they were put in front of me. Also cheese.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Oreo cheesecake.
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Well, yeah. I just mean the fat itself is high in calories and not very healthy. Like I said I stay within my calories so I stay in control. Nowadays I will indulge and not over-indulge. I guess I just meant those things that aren't the best choices but you still enjoy.

I def follow IIFYM :) and it's working :)))

I was wondering what other people just can't help but enjoy...especially those things that other people might find gross. My boyfriend hatesssss fat and laughs at my love for fat (playfully of course :D).

The fat on meat is some of the healthiest fats you can encounter, as is the fats from nuts, avocados, and olives, among other things. Fat doesn't make you fat and any good diet WILL have fat incorporated into it.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Bacon and I have a passionate love affair.

Shhh don't tell my bf.
  • myfrogs11
    myfrogs11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I must say, I LOVE fat on meat. Pork fat, beef fat, FAT!!! I absolutely love it.

What better way to pack fat on your body than to literally eat fat? lol SUCKS.

I control myself, and still manage to lose because I don't eat a lot of it all the time and would buy lean meat to avoid the issue.

I know some people find this disgusting.

Anyone have any similar bad food habits?

Chicharrones! But not the crispy pork rinds sold in bags. At this meat market, they sell "pork fat". It's chunks of pork fat with a tiny bit of meat. When cooked right the meat is tasty and the fat like pops and melts in your mouth...it's the best fat!