My WORST (very bad for me) Guilty food Pleasure

Options

Replies

• Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! It is helping me realize I can have the steak fat and the chicken skin, I just need to account for it. What always happens is that I can't pass it up, and then I feel like a failure, and that's just not necessary!
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! It is helping me realize I can have the steak fat and the chicken skin, I just need to account for it. What always happens is that I can't pass it up, and then I feel like a failure, and that's just not necessary!

Exactly right. Portion control is the key. We had fried chicken the other night (which is why I mentioned it) and yes, I ate some of the skin. Not ALL of it, just a bit.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Big plates of nachos.

Not the wimpy nachos you get at Taco Bell or whatever. The big, heaping, cheese-whiz laden, smothered with everything you can think of, plates you get at pubs or Old Mexican restaurants.

Those are my weakness.
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

The worst thing you can do is think you failed because that makes everything okay; you can recover from anything but not everything. :bigsmile:

Seriously, an indulgence or two like these are not really that bad and easier to fit in than you might think as long as you account for them. There are brats in my fridge right next to the turkey franks. The brats have over 3 times the calories, mostly from fat, but the numbers are 220 calories versus 70. So if I have two brats instead of turkey franks sometimes, that's only 300 calories I need to account for somewhere.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Big plates of nachos.

Not the wimpy nachos you get at Taco Bell or whatever. The big, heaping, cheese-whiz laden, smothered with everything you can think of, plates you get at pubs or Old Mexican restaurants.

Those are my weakness.

YES. Bar nachos are soooo GOOD.
  • ButYouGotMySoul
    ButYouGotMySoul Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ice cream and creamy pasta. Oh lord I could eat a TON of either and still want more.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'll have two helpings of everything above, lol! My weakness is all food. I want the Reese's after the ribs. But to the OP - the fatty edge of a steak or chop all crisped up on the grill.... heavenly! (My husband thinks I'm gross.)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    In for prime rib fat and bacon, washed down with Guinness, but I don't feel a bit guilty about it.
  • tremendazo
    tremendazo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cinnabon!!
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Bacon. Maple. Bar! Om nom nom!! :love:

T_portland_4_t607.jpg

I love you but this just looks gross!!! LOL
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    KFC is mine. mmm and yes I eat the skin.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Fat is high on my list of indulgences also; a nice marbled steak, the small side of the pork chop, fried chicken thighs, the giant Polish sausage with the peppers and onions at the fair, ribs...

I still eat some of this stuff, just not as often and not as much at one sitting.

I think bbq ribs are my weakness!!! (I have a HARD time limiting myself but I find a way to do it) and that's what had me thinking. My sister made some last night and they happened to be very fatty. She thought it was gross, but I totally went for the fat! Most people I talk to don't like the texture, but I love it and it holds on to so much flavor!

Ribs.. omg.. yes! I do love the taste of fat but when it's just warm and not charred, I don't like the texture so I put it in my mouth and absorb the flavor for a few minutes then spit it out lol. Love that expression "chew the fat" -it's literal for me! I don't really advertise that but my bf has seen me do it a few times and looks at me really weird. Give me crispy fat though and I'm all over it. Rib eye steak with charred fat along the edge... nothing is spit out in that case! I do have a lot of guilty pleasures but that's the only one I can think of that would make most people say ewwww - oh I do sometimes microwave cheddar cheese chunks in a bowl and eat it with a fork and nothing else lol
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I must say, I LOVE fat on meat. Pork fat, beef fat, FAT!!! I absolutely love it.

What better way to pack fat on your body than to literally eat fat? lol SUCKS.

I control myself, and still manage to lose because I don't eat a lot of it all the time and would buy lean meat to avoid the issue.

I know some people find this disgusting.

Anyone have any similar bad food habits?

Chicharrones! But not the crispy pork rinds sold in bags. At this meat market, they sell "pork fat". It's chunks of pork fat with a tiny bit of meat. When cooked right the meat is tasty and the fat like pops and melts in your mouth...it's the best fat!

YES those are good too and I agree, not the crap in the bag. One of my friends had a huge family and at every wedding her uncles and brothers would hunt a pig and they'd cook it up for the party, we'd have bowls full of fresh deep fried chicharrones on each table, i just keep eating them, they were really good with beer
  • jillyk89
    jillyk89 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sour gummy candies!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Chicken skin off of the baked chicken leg quarters... yum.. Everyone I know is all "eeewwww grosssssss" at the thought of eating the chicken skin and I'm all breaking out in a cold sweat trying to exercise self control enough to not to make an entire meal of crispy greasy salty garlicy glorious chicken skin....

I still eat the skin off of the chicken.. but my rule is that I can only eat the skin from my OWN chicken leg.. and not from ALL the chicken legs I baked.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ramen noodles. Absolutely nothing nutritious about them!
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    You guys are making my mouth water...
  • XXXforeverXXXyoung
    XXXforeverXXXyoung Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Oh god (: that looks so good!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    poutine for me.

Same for my husband. He can't get enough of my poutine.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,027 Member
    Options
    Greasy, cheesy, grilled patty melt with extra sauteed onions....

Oh, I haven't had a patty melt in forever! MUST GET ONE....NOW!