How often do you eat fast food?

Options

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I do pizza every Friday. Not chain restaurant but good mom n pop shop from NY style pizza. I love Chipotle and do that anywhere from 2-4 times a month. I do Panera for breakfast a lot and usually do Chick-fil-a a few times a month since my sister works there and brings salads home for me. Oh and chinese maybe once a month.

I don't really do McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell and places like that unless I am having a craving. The most I do is grab breakfast from McDonald's once in a while.

I never feel guilty about eating from these places and I make it fit my calorie goal for that day. The only time I feel guilty is when I get horribly sick, cause I am stubborn and not supposed to eat certain foods cause of my Gerd and gastric issues.

Oh and as for your post about Chipotle just guestimate it or having them put everything in containers and weigh it at home. I will never skip a Chipotle bowl because I can't weigh it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every week or two.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian with celiac disease. Never would be my answer. I also was never really keen on the chain stuff. If there were a Chipotle near us, I'd give them a go. I understand they're pretty good about cross-contamination. Then again, the kids don't like Mexican food. I do get to eat out every now and then. There's a local diner that has vegetarian gluten free items on the menu and we go there every month or so.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    A handful of times a year maybe. I just don't really enjoy it much any more. Too salty and usually upsets my stomach. I don't feel guilty when I do eat it tho, I just make it work with my day, or accept that I may be over as a result.
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I love me some sausage mcmuffins. I would find that I'd be running late to work or be tired coming home from work and it was soooo easy to pull in to the drive through. I'd find at the end of the week that I went to McDonalds 5 times that week. I've cut out most fast food (excepting Panera) just to force myself to take the time and fix something at home. At some point I will bring it back but just not yet.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    5-6 times a week maybe that's why I haven't lost much lol but I do try to fit it in my calories for the day.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Only if there's no other option. I did try a 5 Guys lettuce wrap recently, don't think it lived up to the hype.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Rarely eat FF. But, when I do it is a Big Mac and supersize fry. Don't care.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Twice a week for dinner with climbing partners when out at the weekly climbing gym sessions. Usually one evening @ Taco Bell, one @ The Waffle House.

No guilt.

I enjoy every minute of it.
  • mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Never (unless I absolutely have to... like when I´m travelling). I prefer my own cooking tbh
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Does Chipotle count as fast food? If so then 3 times a week. I also eat Chick-Fil-A and Blaze. I always make it fit into my calorie goal so I don't feel guilty about it at all.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    maybe 3 times a week? usually pizza, Chickfila, and Subway
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Yep--if I'm going to indulge, I want to indulge in something GOOD.

Yep. Same here. I have snobby high-quality chocolate almost daily. I'm going to a local cheese tasting event as part of the highlights festival this weekend. I enjoy my foodie events and craft beer festivals.

We all have our indulgences of choice, and part of a sustainable lifestyle change is making them fit.

Mmmmm! I was very excited to hear the other day that there is an artisan cheesemaker about ten miles from where I live that I have never heard of before.

I am in Oregon, so we have great cheese, berries, hazelnuts, truffles, wine, salmon, wild mushrooms, pears, cherries, etc. I have access to really great stuff that is actually healthy and reasonably priced. I'd much rather spend an afternoon supporting the local cheesemaker than supporting a multinational corporation like McDonalds.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    grnice39 wrote: »
    How often do you eat fast food, that is not a cheat meal?

Define "fast food".

If I grab a smokie out of the fridge, nuke it for 45 seconds, and toss it on a piece of bread, is that "fast food"?

Is Pizza Hut fast food? What about Papa Murphys take-and-bake?
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Pretty much never. Maybe a McDonald's ice cream once a year at a particular gas stop, if it is warm out. We've learned to plan ahead and take healthier options when we road trip.

If I want a fast take out meal, we will get sushi (without weird crispy stuff or cream cheese). Granted, it is more expensive and I have to call ahead so they can make it fresh.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week. The last few weeks it has been more. Both of my children are in sports so it's easy. I get lower calorie options and make it work.

• Jambon692
    Jambon692 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I only eat McDonalds when I'm smashed and stumbling home from a night out. However I haven't done that since November because it's rare to get me out on the town these days.
    That's the only time I consume normal "fast food".
    I order a pizza maybe once a month if I've had a particularly hard days work.
    My downfall is that I work in a pasty shop and I'm a sucker for a Cheese and Onion bake :yum:
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not very often, but that's mostly because I don't eat gluten, and also because I'm cheap. But otherwise I wouldn't have a problem eating it and either fitting it into my day/week, or just the occasional splurge & move on.
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Most fast food tastes gross to me, so it's not really an issue for me. (I never liked fast food.) I do go to Chick-Fil-A once in a while for breakfast, though (average might be 1-2 times a month). I love those Chicken Minis!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    As little as possible. Once a year or less. Usually on a road trip. To me, it's not worth the calories. Everything I eat should taste awesome. Fast food doesn't.