What was the moment?

Options
124»

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I came home from Newfoundland after 5 weeks, stepped on the scale and said "WTF?"

Then my mom said "hunny, you really did gain a lot of weight"

AND my dress that fit me just 2 months before having to be put on me by 3 freakin' people...

yeah all in the same day... WAKE UP FATTY AND GET OFF YOUR *kitten* is basically what I told myself :)
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I guess it would have to be when I realized I wasn't going to get much taller, so I better get really really strong.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with chronic depression my whole life. At certain times when it got really bad, I would go on some meds to help. Well, it got bad a few years ago, but my doctor and I were having a hard time finding a med (or combo of meds) that worked. I was going through the process of trying a new med, waiting a few weeks, trying another, waiting a few weeks, etc. All this time, of course, I'd been tremendously unhappy with my weight, but I would binge and overeat terribly, thinking, "whatever, it doesn't matter" as I was shoveling food down my throat. I imagined that when I got my depression under control, I might start to lose some weight.

Then one day BOOM it hit me. Who the hell was I to think that I might lose weight after the depression lifted? Maybe I had it backwards. Maybe, just maybe, I needed to lose the weight first and *then* the depression would get better. I started 2 days later.

Is the depression gone? No. But it's better. And I'm not done losing weight. Still have 37 lbs to go!
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    When my six year old told me "mama, you better lose that gut!" :(
  • NicolleLindgren
    NicolleLindgren Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    One of the boys in my son's preschool class asked me "Why is your belly so big?" and then poked it, saying "Squishy, squishy." I had to chuckle a bit and refrain from telling it was from eating nosy little boys ;)

Also, one time I was walking out of a store and my ankle just gave out and I fell face first. Sooo mortifying.

And I'm tired of being the fat friend in my group. I love group pictures, but I hate having to pose myself in just the right way and still not being satisfied with the picture- especially if it's a full body picture of us all.
  • amarkle86
    amarkle86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing for me was the last time I flew on an airplane I almost couldn't get the seatbelt closed. My husband had to squeeze it shut with all of his strength while I was half standing. I knew at that rate the next flight I would need an extender, and that thought just brought me to tears.
  • pez9375
    pez9375 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've had several in the past year:

1. Realizing that I haven't been in any family pictures since my children were born 4 years ago because I hated the way I looked.

2. My gastro doctor told me that I would always have acid reflux and I was determined to prove him wrong.

3. Realizing that my weight was preventing me from doing all those fun things with my kids like going to the beach or pool because I didn't want to get in a bathing suit or playing football or chase in the backyard because i was too out of shape.

4. Realizing that I hadn't worn a pair of shorts in 10 years.