Beautiful Blues 6/9/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge%2030.JPG

Here's our new board. Welcome to all our new members. Be sure and check in with us and let us know how you are doing. My goal this week is to check in daily, reporting on my progress.

What is your goal?

Replies

• UltimateLover
    UltimateLover Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone.

My goal for this week is to get into the habit of posting on this board with my updates. I'm hoping to be able to post at least 4 times this week to get a routine set in place for me.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Going big this week to push myself, my goal is to be under 200. That's 5.4 lbs to lose by 6/16!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My weight loss up to this point has been based on portion eating and I think it's time to incorporate exercise again, i dropped the ball here since early April. My goal is to lose 5lbs by June 30th and 10lbs by July 15th.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    That chart is looking really good!! Great job everyone!!

My goal is to lose 5lbs this month & to stop eating over my calories! I have such a hard time in the evenings! I do so well all day long, but once I put my girls to bed, I just want to eat, eat & eat some more!! I've gotta get that under control!

Good luck to all of you on your goals! We can do it!!:drinker:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am, as usual, very busy but wanted to check in. My health/fitness/food goals for the week are to plan a menu that lasts at least until the end of the month, make a grocery list, shop, and start getting into a summer exercise routine. Hope I can find a balance soon. Everyone have a great evening!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bumping for later
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    It looks like a beautiful day today!! Time to get out into the yard, do some weeding & spread some mulch!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Bump - miss you guys!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Sandy, Chrissy, it is good to see you back! I miss you guys too! I am having a major eating issue lately. I am telling myself I can't control it. I know I can though. I realized the other night that I tend to say I can't a lot. It is easier to believe I can't than to try it and then fail. I am afraid of the commitment and follow through. I don't know how to get past the fear and on the other side. I let fear rule my life way to often. If something scares me I avoid it. If it gets uncomfortable I avoid it. I guess it is time to step outside my comfort zone. I am not sure how to stay there and make it my new way of life though.

Anyway--I got my freestanding pull up bar yesterday. Way cool! Now to be able to do official pull ups:wink:

Hope everyone is doing well. Lets loose some weight!:flowerforyou:
  • UltimateLover
    Options
    I've been noticing that I have been hungry more often. The last couple of days, I could probably have eaten all day and not been full. Needless to say that when I actually stop down to eat food, after a couple of bites I start to feel full already. I don't know how to control it right now, maybe you guys have some ideas?

I have to try and get more exercise in as well and start doing things more by myself (rather than convincing my friends to do it with me). I guess I have to learn to do things for me and stop feeling selfish about it.
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Sandy, Chrissy, it is good to see you back! I miss you guys too! I am having a major eating issue lately. I am telling myself I can't control it. I know I can though. I realized the other night that I tend to say I can't a lot. It is easier to believe I can't than to try it and then fail. I am afraid of the commitment and follow through. I don't know how to get past the fear and on the other side. I let fear rule my life way to often. If something scares me I avoid it. If it gets uncomfortable I avoid it. I guess it is time to step outside my comfort zone. I am not sure how to stay there and make it my new way of life though.

Ummm, what is so scarey about reaching your goal weight? Just a question I had to ask myself!!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Really busy this week with interviews and getting ready for school. I walked yesterday and today. Today I even drove to the park and it poured while I drove there, so I drove myself and baby with running stroller back home. I'm planning on getting a run tomorrow morning.

Take care all!!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    It's Friday morning, and now I know why I was feeling blah all week.. Been fighting a cold, and it seems to have gotten to me.
    Hope I can get rid of this over the weekend because I still want to start P90x on a monday. (just seems better to start on Mondays).

So Deb,:laugh: you got some time off from me, since I would feel bad pushing yah when I'm not doing it myself. You can do this, you can do whatever you put your mind too. There's no fear, it's just the "unknown", and as we all know, if WE don't do these things, we'll never know. Weekend prepare, I'll be after yah on monday!!

manyeyes - Try drinking water when you get those feelings, and if your still hungry 10-15 mins later, then have something to eat. Sometimes all we need is to drink to get rid of those "hunger pains"
    I have to try and get more exercise in as well and start doing things more by myself (rather than convincing my friends to do it with me). I guess I have to learn to do things for me and stop feeling selfish about it.
    I've been saying this to myself for a year plus during this journey "If I don't do it, nobody's going to do it for me"
    What's selfish about exercising and getting healthy?
    You can do this.
    Ummm, what is so scarey about reaching your goal weight? Just a question I had to ask myself!!
    I can't speak for Deb, but for myself, I know that I've never had a "healthy/toned" body. For some/most of us, we never saw ourselves skinny and then gained weight. We started out overweight.

ie, I don't have a skinny picture that I can look back and say "I want to get back to that weight"
  • debnu1
    Options
    As far as reaching the goal weight, It is sometimes easier for me to quit, than to fail. It really is stupid--I preemptively fail when I could have succeeded if I continued trying. I guess failure on my terms is better? :noway: Also I have a hard time with praise and attention, sometimes just one comment is enough to make my mind turn on me. I had my blood work checked and they told me to keep doing what I was doing but somehow my brain decided it was good enough for now and I just totally lost all drive. Also, I don't really have a basis to go back to either as my goal weight is less than what I remember weighing. I like attention but I don't know how to deal with it. I think that is part of it. My brain is confusing, that is what I am trying to figure out, I am sure that I will drop the pounds once I no longer emotionally eat and get in the right mindset. This journey is all about figuring things out anyway.

Peter I am sorry you have not been feeling well. I hope you start feeling better soon. Be sure to get some Vitamin C--EmergenC seems to help me when I am sick. I have been better--the thought of you checking up on me helped...:laugh: I have decided I am going to report almost daily anyway--I have not decided what I am going to report yet, but I will figure it out soon.

Mayra, I am glad you are busy with interviews. I hope all goes well for you.

maneyes, I exercise first thing in the morning. I get up put on my exercise clothes and go to work. Sometimes I check in on the boards first...but I still exercise before getting dressed. If you tell yourself you can't take a shower until after you exercise it is good motivation.:flowerforyou:
  • UltimateLover
    Options
    I'm not really a morning person so I do most of my exercising at night time. This has worked out okay for me so far seeing as I am in an ultimate frizbee league twice a week now. I'm just trying to find some more motivation on the days that I am not in playing my game.

I feel like it's selfish because I am going out and meeting new people while not really hanging out with my other friends. It feels like the times that I'm out doing something (ie my ultimate frizbee league), I could be doing something with the other people I know. I know that if I do this and I end up hitting my goal weight, I will be happier and I will probably be a lot better to be around (I tend to be depressed about the way I look and sometimes I'm in a really crabby mood). This change will have to happen for me by me but I know that the support of people around me has maken me feel better.

Peter, I hope you feel better soon. I find that even though echanciea (spelling?) tastes gross, it does tend to help (at least for me).

I feel like I am in the same boat as you are right now Deb. My weekends are my largest downfall so I'm hoping that I can start to make the right decisions for the weekends soon and to stop eating my "comfort" foods when I'm thinking about everything that's going on.

Thank you all for your support. :D
  • debnu1
    Options
    Today was a successful day! I got the book Flat Belly Diet yesterday and figured I would just jump in to it. I made a few modifications to today's plan, mostly for what I had and time...but I did it. I didn't overeat. I stuck to it. Hooray Me!!
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have stayed in my calories today, even though I ended up unexpectedly going out for lunch. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I've been lost this week as well...so much busyness with job interviews and such. I'm looking to pull myself together this weekend. I wish you all a good night and great job everybody on pushing through each day. Today just a walk for me.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Mayra--You can do it!

I am about to do kenpo...This morning I was down3.2 lbs--all water I am sure. It is still nice to see though. I am feeling envigorated about my plan. I have not been that hungry and I actually survived eating about 1300 cals. I didn't think it was possible. I will be increasing those soon...:smile: Especially after doing kenpo! Hope you all have a great Saturday!