I'm in Runner's World!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    @Virkati If you live in or near an urban centre try asking at your local running speciality shop about beginner running groups; some shops have their own. If you have a largish running event like a 5k or 10k in your area often there'll be "prepare to run the _______" groups that start a few months before. Ask around, you'll get lots of local suggestions.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    mwyvr wrote: »
    @Virkati If you live in or near an urban centre try asking at your local running speciality shop about beginner running groups; some shops have their own. If you have a largish running event like a 5k or 10k in your area often there'll be "prepare to run the _______" groups that start a few months before. Ask around, you'll get lots of local suggestions.

I live in Denver CO so yeah, duh, I totally should've thought of that!! Thank you for the nice response. I'm looking into it right now!
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    @Virkati I had good luck with meetup.com. Don't be so intimidated by how serious they are. Runners are super helpful and just cause they put a lot of miles in doesn't mean they're fast. I'm always happy to do a short loop for new runners and then head back out for the rest of my mileage. Another popular group is Moms Run This Town. They're everywhere, varied levels of runners, and super supportive. Good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!