Why?!?!

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I exercise a lot too and did hit a stall. I need to know more about you to answer this question!.

Open your diary and answer the questions below...
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    supah11 wrote: »
    It's hard to speculate without knowing more details. What's your approximate age, height, and weight? When you say "workout", do you mean cardio and/or weight lifting? That makes a difference because weight lifting adds muscle mass, which is more dense than fat and will show up on the scales faster than does fat loss.

I do cardio and weight lifting.

still need more info ...

age/height/weight
    how long have you been working out?
    how long dieting?
    do you own a food scale?
    what is your weight lifting routine?
    How many days a week working out?
    Do you do cardio on off days, or on weight lifting days?

IIRC, don't you eat 900 calories a day?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Let me add after thinking about it.....I think this is more a question that needs to be asked in the Fitness section. I think you will need help with modifying nutrition to fit around the way you work out.

I do HIIT, Moderate cardio, light lifting only (can weight lift due to rotator cuff injury) but I do this 5 - 6 days a week and had to modify carbs, protein to fit my exercise schedule.
    -
    Also I ate at maintenance for 4 weeks and then recreated a new deficit off of the 8 pounds I lost... You have 13 pounds to loose while lifting.. It sound more like recomp than weight loss.. This takes time (weeks and months at your level) and it takes a different approach than just creating deficit...

I think this is accurate only based on some of the info post here on this thread..
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Let me add after thinking about it.....I think this is more a question that needs to be asked in the Fitness section. I think you will need help with modifying nutrition to fit around the way you work out.

I do HIIT, Moderate cardio, light lifting only (can weight lift due to rotator cuff injury) but I do this 5 - 6 days a week and had to modify carbs, protein to fit my exercise schedule.
    -
    Also I ate at maintenance for 4 weeks and then recreated a new deficit off of the 8 pounds I lost... You have 13 pounds to loose while lifting.. It sound more like recomp than weight loss.. This takes time (weeks and months at your level) and it takes a different approach than just creating deficit...

I think this is accurate only based on some of the info post here on this thread..

does not matter what section she posts in ..without basic information no one can help her...:)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

-

does not matter what section she posts in ..without basic information no one can help her...:)

Thanks I got it...

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    OP, here is the most important question you still have not answered. Do you weigh all your solid foods and measure your liquids?

If not, you may be eating 10-50% more than you think you are.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a very strong correlation between having a private diary and posting "why isn't it working?" threads.

Maybe a clue there as to what the problem is.....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    There seems to be a very strong correlation between having a private diary and posting "why isn't it working?" threads.

Maybe a clue there as to what the problem is.....

and not answering the basic question of "do you weigh your foods"....
  • supah11
    supah11 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's hard to speculate without knowing more details. What's your approximate age, height, and weight? When you say "workout", do you mean cardio and/or weight lifting? That makes a difference because weight lifting adds muscle mass, which is more dense than fat and will show up on the scales faster than does fat loss.

still need more info ...

age/height/weight
    how long dieting?
    do you own a food scale?

Height: 5"3
    Weight: 64kg
    I've been working out for 2 yrs now
    Diet is not that strict but i watch my caloric intake
    I work out 6x a week
    I use nike training app
    I do cardio everyday
    Yes on weight lifting everyday

So in order to lose weight should I just focus on cardio for now first to shred fats?

Sorry for the late reply
  • supah11
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »
    OP, here is the most important question you still have not answered. Do you weigh all your solid foods and measure your liquids?

I don't striclty weight them , more on estimating. But i think it's just my diet that's ruining it. Ill go on strict diet for now
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?
  • supah11
    Options

-

Thank u for the info :) I'll try to consult my PT on that.
  • ndj1979
    edited February 2015
    Options

I don't striclty weight them , more on estimating. But i think it's just my diet that's ruining it. Ill go on strict diet for now

ding, ding, ding...we have a winner..

if you are not weighing all solid foods then your logging can be off by 15 to 35% on the high side.

Get a food scale, weigh/log/measure everything for a month and see what happens....

ETA you can go on a strict diet, but if you are not estimating your calories correctly then your logging will be off which means you will be eating more than you think and you will not lose.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    So in order to lose weight should I just focus on cardio for now first to shred fats?

Absolutely not. To lose weight you should focus on getting your calorie balance right - and that's prmarily logging accurately. Stop estimating and start measuring or you are working with rubbish data.
  • ndj1979
    Options

still need more info ...

age/height/weight
    how long dieting?
    do you own a food scale?

Height: 5"3
    Weight: 64kg
    I've been working out for 2 yrs now
    Diet is not that strict but i watch my caloric intake
    I work out 6x a week
    I use nike training app
    I do cardio everyday
    Yes on weight lifting everyday

Sorry for the late reply

see my post about weighing/logging/measuring everything you eat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Absolutely not. To lose weight you should focus on getting your calorie balance right - and that's prmarily logging accurately. Stop estimating and start measuring or you are working with rubbish data.

QFT
  • supah11
    Options

ding, ding, ding...we have a winner..

if you are not weighing all solid foods then your logging can be off by 15 to 35% on the high side.

Get a food scale, weigh/log/measure everything for a month and see what happens....

ETA you can go on a strict diet, but if you are not estimating your calories correctly then your logging will be off which means you will be eating more than you think and you will not lose.

Okay, thank you so much for your time and info. They are very helpful. Sorry for the incomplete info earlier. Not used to the community thing, got confused with all the advices here. Thank u so much!
  • supah11
    Options

i see, thank you for your time and advice :) . Another day at the gym for me tom
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with this advice to get a food scale. You should be able to find a cheap digital scale for around $20, and they're very easy to use.
    You can definitely eat whatever foods you like to lose weight, but if you're just estimating portion sizes, you don't really know how many calories you're consuming. A food scale will make a big difference. :)
  • supah11
    Options
    bajoyba wrote: »
    Definitely agree with this advice to get a food scale. You should be able to find a cheap digital scale for around $20, and they're very easy to use.
    You can definitely eat whatever foods you like to lose weight, but if you're just estimating portion sizes, you don't really know how many calories you're consuming. A food scale will make a big difference. :)

Gosh i need to get one asap then! Thank u! :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

thats your problem, as many have tried to tell you. you are almost certainly eating more than you think.