All time low..

Options
I've always been a petite person, very short and very thin. But now I'm at my all time low.. I'm 5'1, 99 pounds..

Most girls desire and starve themselves to be thin, but it's not fun... When I look in the mirror, I see no curves.. Sure I'm toned, and have an 8 pack. But I'd much rather have an extra 15 pounds on me, so my clothes fit better..

So here it goes I guess... Trying to eat more, and eat healthy!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    don't worry about "healthy" what you need to concern yourself is eating enough food to get into 250 o 500 per day surplus, and hitting your macro/micro targets. Overall diet and dosage is what mattes, not what you deem to be individual "good" foods..

Do you currently lift? If yes, what is your program like?

Have you calculated maintenance and surplus level calories?

Also, go to sticky in this forum titled "so you want to bulk"...a lot of great info there...
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Same situation dear, stay strong! Let's support each other through our healthy journeys
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I've always been a petite person, very short and very thin. But now I'm at my all time low.. I'm 5'1, 99 pounds..

Most girls desire and starve themselves to be thin, but it's not fun... When I look in the mirror, I see no curves.. Sure I'm toned, and have an 8 pack. But I'd much rather have an extra 15 pounds on me, so my clothes fit better..

Most girls? Slight over generalisation don't you think?

And I agree with not worrying too much about 'healthy'... Life's too short to never eat cake, especially when you need the calories!
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ndj1979 has the advice right there.

I am so happy to see the tide turn about this crazy model look we've all been chasing for the last 3 decades. It's ridiculous!! But I'm very excited that there are a lot of trends nowadays for curves and booty and such.

Hurray!!

Eat OP, and enjoy wanting to be a stronger curvier shape.

Try and get into weight training, that's what all the bootylicious girls are doing!
  • findingrabbit
    Options

Most girls? Slight over generalisation don't you think?

And I agree with not worrying too much about 'healthy'... Life's too short to never eat cake, especially when you need the calories!

A lot of girls do starve themselves to be thin, especially the younger generation. Just look at the "talk life" app. So many threads on how to lose weight, and girls teaming up to be anorexic. I wouldn't have made such a bold statement if it wasn't true dear.
  • findingrabbit
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    don't worry about "healthy" what you need to concern yourself is eating enough food to get into 250 o 500 per day surplus, and hitting your macro/micro targets. Overall diet and dosage is what mattes, not what you deem to be individual "good" foods..

Also, go to sticky in this forum titled "so you want to bulk"...a lot of great info there...

Wouldn't you want to eat overall good good to gain weight healthy?

No I don't lift, but I bike 2 hours a day.
  • findingrabbit
    Options
    I don't get the comments about eating healthy. You guys say, "who cares what you eat, you need the calories. Eat cake!"
    But shouldn't you watch what you put in your body? Obviously cake or other goodies are fine once in a while, but you don't want your body to constantly run off of junk.

Everything in moderation I suppose. I also have a problem with being appetized in general. I could be starving, but no food looks good to eat..

I also eat more in the summer, as I'm doing more. Biking, gardening, walking the dogs ect.. In the winter months I find it harder to eat, as I'm not doing to much.
    So I try to do things that make me want to eat, cleaning the house, shovelling snow.. But I just find it hard.

It's all about finding a happy medium, and what works for you. And really pushing yourself towards a goal.

*sorry if I offended anyone about my "all girls want to be thin" comment. Obviously a huge generalization about girls. And NOT all girls want to be a twig, but there is a majority of girls out there that desire to be thin. Check out the "TalkLife" app, 85% of posts on there are girls helping girls get thinner. Or go on Tumblr, and check out "Thinspiration", there's a variety of photos to get you inspired to starve yourself!

Anyway, not trying to start a fight.
    Have a wonderful day everyone.

• TavistockToad
    Options
    No one is saying JUST eat cake.. but if you've eaten your main meal of steak and a jacket potato, some peas, mushrooms and a side salad and are still 400 cals under goal, whats wrong with eating some ice cream or a doughnut or some chocolate?

now i've just made myself hungry...
  • findingrabbit
    Options
    No one is saying JUST eat cake.. but if you've eaten your main meal of steak and a jacket potato, some peas, mushrooms and a side salad and are still 400 cals under goal, whats wrong with eating some ice cream or a doughnut or some chocolate?

Hah, I totally agree with you. If you eaten enough good food, indulge yourself. Especially if your trying to gain weight. Exceeding your calorie intake isn't going to ruin anything.

I just have a hard time eating in general... Im not hungry for breakfast until 11am-1pm. I usually skip lunch, and just eat something small because I'm not appetized. And dinner is usually packed full of everything I need, but I can only eat half - and then I'm not appetized. And that's not until 6-8pm at night.

So I need to regulate my eating, to begin with. Before I can indulge myself.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Tavi has a great point. I would say take life in the round. Health is not just weight or a simple calorie, it is the the composite of everything. A little of what you fancy does you good. Being able to know what is right for you.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options

Are you referring to your body shape ? I was reading an article the other day about women who have lost weight and found that they were straight up and down. Turns out most women are the "boxy" body type. This is worse when you are "short" as there is no room for curves. When I was skinny last time (I'm 5'2), I found that this was my body type. I looked good in bathers BUT there was no cuves, just up and down. I still get jealous when I see those girls on the beach with curves but I just accept it.
  • TavistockToad
    edited February 2015
    Options

Hah, I totally agree with you. If you eaten enough good food, indulge yourself. Especially if your trying to gain weight. Exceeding your calorie intake isn't going to ruin anything.

I just have a hard time eating in general... Im not hungry for breakfast until 11am-1pm. I usually skip lunch, and just eat something small because I'm not appetized. And dinner is usually packed full of everything I need, but I can only eat half - and then I'm not appetized. And that's not until 6-8pm at night.

opening your diary might help, then people can give you some tips for getting more calorie dense food into your day.

to me theres no 'good' or 'bad' food, just what fits in my calories and macros for the day/week.
  • findingrabbit
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »

Are you referring to your body shape ? I was reading an article the other day about women who have lost weight and found that they were straight up and down. Turns out most women are the "boxy" body type. This is worse when you are "short" as there is no room for curves. When I was skinny last time (I'm 5'2), I found that this was my body type. I looked good in bathers BUT there was no cuves, just up and down. I still get jealous when I see those girls on the beach with curves but I just accept it.

When I was looking in the mirror last week, I noticed I was very "boxy".. It's not that appealing. Hah. When I was 17, I was 125 pounds. At 5'1, I looked pretty good, minus the little muffin top. But I had curves, and BOOBS!

Now I'm 99 pounds and 5'1.. And my body shape is still appealing .. But I'm too skinny. And you can see it, everywhere..

Damn those beach babes!
  • findingrabbit
    Options

opening your diary might help, then people can give you some tips for getting more calorie dense food into your day.

to me theres no 'good' or 'bad' food, just what fits in my calories and macros for the day/week.

I'm pretty new to this app, so I'm just getting used to working it. I just changed my settings, so my diary is now open... For all the hate. Haha oh dear.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yeah it might be time to consider adding a few kg as that is just not enough. I was 104 pounds, and my ribs were poking out, I was cold all the time and my periods stopped for five months. Prefer to have some padding this time around.
  • findingrabbit
    Options
    myfatass78 wrote: »
    Yeah it might be time to consider adding a few kg as that is just not enough. I was 104 pounds, and my ribs were poking out, I was cold all the time and my periods stopped for five months. Prefer to have some padding this time around.

I'm freezing all the time! It's horrible.. Even in moderately warm weather, I'm bundled up. I've been on birth control sense I was 14, so I haven't gotten a solid period sense. And I'm 22 now.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

the point.

you missed it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Wouldn't you want to eat overall good good to gain weight healthy?

No I don't lift, but I bike 2 hours a day.

the two are not mutually excusive...

if I have day of eggs, bacon, bagel, turkey, whole wheat bread, cottage cheese, steak, potatoes, olive oil, and two servings of talenti gelato and I hit my calorie/micro/macro goal for the day is that "good" or "bad"...does the gelato cancel out my day because some think it is "bad"..

The answer is of course not. Eat the foods you like, yes this means cake, ice cream, pizzas, etc, but just make sure that your overall day hits your targets and you will be fine..

Plus, if you are trying to gain weight you want to incorporate calorie dense foods. Good luck trying to get into a surplus on fish/chicken/vegetables/rice....

if you are trying to gain and are new to lifting I would suggest strong lifts, starting strength, or new rules of lifting for woman...
  • findingrabbit
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

the point.

you missed it.

Man this app is pretty *kitten*. So much negativity.
    I don't understand anything at all about gaining weight, probably why I'm 99 pounds. just looking for help in general. Not looking to sign on to the app and find comments from people like you.

Thanks a bunch.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    99 pounds isn't bad for 5'1".