FORTY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My 40's were fabulous, my 50's are even better B) ! Enjoy everyday you have, live life to the fullest and always wear a smile!
  • ima_hidin
    ima_hidin Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Plus, you can watch the guys gawk and stare while you walk on by with a smile....
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    ima_hidin wrote: »
    Plus, you can watch the guys gawk and stare while you walk on by with a smile....

Yeah, it doesn't happen now.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Someone appears to be struggling with your beauty..just keep working hard since you are in great shapr, take care of yourself and stay beautiful....the age number wont matter..
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For those of you already there, what's the best thing about being 40?

Well past 40. Best thing about being 50+ is I lost ~100 lbs and feel better than I ever did in my 40s. Maybe rolling back to my 30s even.

It's just a number. It's what you do and how you think.

As a wise friend once told me, "you don't slow down because you get older, you get older if you slow down." Don't slow down. Live your life to the max, regardless of the number.

PS - Nice thing about hitting 50s ... kids are off to university, leaving lots of free time for travel with the Mrs. Like getting back to our early days.
  • brendo204
    brendo204 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    i turn 40 in three weeks. not worried about it. just a number!
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    harvo wrote: »
    Someone appears to be struggling with your beauty..just keep working hard since you are in great shapr, take care of yourself and stay beautiful....the age number wont matter..

Yeah, he can be a dork. LOL! Thank you for your kind words! It's always nice for an old lady to hear that someone thinks she's beautiful. ;-P
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    flatlndr wrote: »
    For those of you already there, what's the best thing about being 40?

Well past 40. Best thing about being 50+ is I lost ~100 lbs and feel better than I ever did in my 40s. Maybe rolling back to my 30s even.

It's just a number. It's what you do and how you think.

As a wise friend once told me, "you don't slow down because you get older, you get older if you slow down." Don't slow down. Live your life to the max, regardless of the number.

PS - Nice thing about hitting 50s ... kids are off to university, leaving lots of free time for travel with the Mrs. Like getting back to our early days.

How cool!! I look forward to the days I can travel with no strings.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    Don't get caught up in numbers... just enjoy life to the fullest!! :)
  • sunandstars2
    sunandstars2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I'm so glad life is finally going your way!

thanks! on my bday that year i said "40 is the new 28" ;) the funny thing is, even thru all that "crap" i was never a woe is me type and i still enjoyed my life. just looking back, i'm SOOO glad to be where i am. like, i'd never willingly do high school again either. LOL .. reading thru all these comments, it sounds like most of us are loving our 40's :)
  • CaptainBrownie
    CaptainBrownie Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I felt like that when I turned 20 a few months back. Getting old sucks, I wish we could all just stay whatever age we wanted.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I never understood dread surrounding birthdays, every year we are here is a gift. Treat every day the same and don't wait for milestones to remind you to live life <3
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options
    Don't get caught up in numbers... just enjoy life to the fullest!! :)

You are soo pretty!! (Sorry I'm not a creep I just saw your pic and was like woaah! Work it girl!)
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    40 is the new 30!! I feel in better shape now and am more assertive, more confident, have a better BS radar and feel like I am truly in the prime of my life!! You are going to love it!!
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    Hahaha I felt like that when I turned 20 a few months back. Getting old sucks, I wish we could all just stay whatever age we wanted.

LOL! Me too! I just haven't found that age yet.
  • CaptainBrownie
    Options

You look amazing for 39 though! Just by looking at your picture I would have guessed 30! (Love your smile!)

• CountryBabe75
    Options

You look amazing for 39 though! Just by looking at your picture I would have guessed 30! (Love your smile!)

Thank you! That's quite the compliment! I'll take 30! :smile:
  • harvo
    Options

I would take it too..
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    harvo wrote: »

I would take it too..

Just where would you take it? LOL
  • harvo
    Options
    PM sent...lol. the thread almost died at 39...irony?!