FORTY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago, 220 weeks, but its only a number. I feel young. The girls get older too :-)
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being 40 I am 42 and I feel quite young. So don't put it down just love who you are.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    Don't get caught up in numbers... just enjoy life to the fullest!! :)

You are soo pretty!! (Sorry I'm not a creep I just saw your pic and was like woaah! Work it girl!)

That's very sweet, thank you! :)
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think women dread hitting 40 more than men, at least in my experience. I'm 47, and my youngest is a teen, so life is about to really start for me. Besides, men like an older woman; she's not as flighty, or indecisive. And her maturity is starting to match her beauty. So, don't sweat it. You're just hitting your stride, and looking good doing it. The kids are leaving the nest, and you can focus on you again, so look at it as a gift.
  • paintguru77
    paintguru77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One year closer to retirement! :smile:
  • strwbry74
    strwbry74 Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    It's only a number! 40 has been great! Time to hit your stride!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    I am loving my 40s. But I guess I'm a bit of a late bloomer. Didn't get married until my early 30s or have kids until my mid-to-late 30s...so most of my "peers" are close to a decade younger than I am.
  • CaptainBrownie
    CaptainBrownie Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You guys look amazing for your ages!
  • paintguru77
    paintguru77 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    I am loving my 40s. But I guess I'm a bit of a late bloomer. Didn't get married until my early 30s or have kids until my mid-to-late 30s...so most of my "peers" are close to a decade younger than I am.

Not sure that is really unusual now adays. Most of the parents of young kids I know are early to mid 30's....or maybe I just hope they are!
  • CountryBabe75
    CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    One year closer to retirement! :smile:

No Doubt!!! I've already started counting the years.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    It was no big deal to me. I wish I wasn't obese when I turned 40....
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »

I have this issue too with my daughter's friend's parents.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 a few weeks ago. None of my birthdays so far stressed me out or made me sad. But I get it. You're not saying that there's anything wrong with 40, but with it comes a heightened sense of mortality.

I've never been one to have a bucket list or anything. I still feel like I did at 35 (except lighter). I just want to be sure I take advantage of what I already have available to me and not let any opportunities pass me by.
  • BlueEyedRedhead
    BlueEyedRedhead Posts: 5,169 Member
    Options
    oc70g4gb1x8v.jpg
    age.jpg 46.7K
  • brendo204
    brendo204 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    see all the cool kids r turning 40!! ;)
  • CaptainBrownie
    CaptainBrownie Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    40 is only 4 decades! You guys have like 6 to go maan.
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    brendo204 wrote: »
    see all the cool kids r turning 40!! ;)

Yes we are!!
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    oc70g4gb1x8v.jpg

That is cool!
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    Options
    I'm over 40...and I feel healthier and better than I did in my 30s. In my 30s, I was often tired and overwhelmed with life (a young daughter, work, new parent, etc.). I was probably also tired because I was overweight. Regardless, I was so sidetracked with "responsibilities" and excuses (there it is...the truth), I never seemed to grasp the importance to committing to my health...and only made that change when I hit 40.

Once I made that change, life turned around. I still don't "feel" old. I mean, when I'm surrounded by 20somethings, sure, I chronologically feel old. But I definitely feel like I will always be that kid at heart, anyhow. Be it immaturity or being a kid at heart, it is what it is. And some of my friends in their early 30s seem "old" to me...while I still feel like the kid. HAHA.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I think of it this way, when we are 80+ we might consider thinking that 40's is "old" a complete waste of time & thought. Live large in your 40's. They can be awesome! Nothing to fear.