FORTY!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Options
CountryBabe75
CountryBabe75 Posts: 120 Member
I will be the dreaded 4-0 in a couple of months. (It was SO hard to type that!) I have this feeling I still have things I need to do before I turn that stupid number. For those of you already there, what's the best thing about being 40? What do you wish you had done? For those of you who are dreading it as much as I am, what do you want to do before getting there?

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Pfft!!! 50 right here! :stuck_out_tongue:
  • jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    I will be the dreaded 4-0 in a couple of months. (It was SO hard to type that!) I have this feeling I still have things I need to do before I turn that stupid number. For those of you already there, what's the best thing about being 40? What do you wish you had done? For those of you who are dreading it as much as I am, what do you want to do before getting there?

Oh don't sweat that at all! Just a number. 43 here and still kicking like Kung Fu :) The best part is the wisdom that's built up behind you. You're not dealing with the trifling details and petty people because frankly you no longer have the patience for it. And that's a good thing :) You know how to focus on you now so get to it, girl ;)
  • sunandstars2
    sunandstars2 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i think of 40 as that decade where things in my life have finally started to fall into place. i know myself better and i have learned what works and what doesn't work in my life. "that number" never scared me, and in all honesty my 30's weren't awesome. at 30 i got divorced, and then battled against over eating and drinking for 5 years. then my cat died and i broke up with a boyfriend. and i hated my job and my best friend moved across the US! ... it's all that crap you hear from everyone "my life sucks" etc etc. and *THEN* i realized i didn't have it any worse than anyone else and i got my $h%t together and started appreciating what I DO have. i have gotten in shape and re-married and a new job and my BFF is still my bestie from the east coast. :) i dont have any regrets and i'm happily turning 42 this summer.
  • ima_hidin
    Options
    Seeing that i almost didnt make it to 36 forty was a blessing and i was not a beautiful lady like you. Relax and make it your prime.....
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I wish I was turning 40 again. That was when I got married, had my one and only child, built a house, survived breast cancer surgery and treatments. . . and looked pretty darned good. I had a great group of friends, and successful and interesting career, and a great hobby.

It's just a number - wait another 20 years - that one is the kicker number, I'm still wrapping my head around that upcoming milestone.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    I would love to be 40 again. One of my best conditions ever. But I digress.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    jaymvita wrote: »

Oh don't sweat that at all! Just a number. 43 here and still kicking like Kung Fu :) The best part is the wisdom that's built up behind you. You're not dealing with the trifling details and petty people because frankly you no longer have the patience for it. And that's a good thing :) You know how to focus on you now so get to it, girl ;)

It's funny you say that. I do seem to be building an intolerance for stupidity and pettiness. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I am turning 40 in less than a year too but honestly I am looking forward to it cause I am going to VEGAS!!! Never been. But truthfully I am looking forward to it cause I have learned a lot the last 10 years and I want to celebrate that. Plus I am in the best shape I have ever been and I am only getting better!!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Trust me, there is nothing to fear! Since turning 40 I feel life is so much better and easier, probably because I have so much more confidence and am comfortable with myself, I really don't care what anyone other than family/very close friends think.

I would even go as far as to say that old saying "life begins at 40" certainly rings true on many fronts!
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I feel you... I get anxious at every milestone though. LoL I feel fortunate though, because my friends my age are freaking out about getting married and starting a family...Ive already been married, no rush to do that again..and my daughter graduates high school this year.

So oddly enough, because I've gotten the "stress" of getting that part of my life started out of the way, and actually, its over now (Im not having any more kids...knock on wood lol and I really dont care if I dont get married again) I feel like at 38, Im still young enough to have my life ahead of me still. So while Im anxious over the number itself, the reality of where I am in life at this age isn't so bad at all.
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    i think of 40 as that decade where things in my life have finally started to fall into place. i know myself better and i have learned what works and what doesn't work in my life. "that number" never scared me, and in all honesty my 30's weren't awesome. at 30 i got divorced, and then battled against over eating and drinking for 5 years. then my cat died and i broke up with a boyfriend. and i hated my job and my best friend moved across the US! ... it's all that crap you hear from everyone "my life sucks" etc etc. and *THEN* i realized i didn't have it any worse than anyone else and i got my $h%t together and started appreciating what I DO have. i have gotten in shape and re-married and a new job and my BFF is still my bestie from the east coast. :) i dont have any regrets and i'm happily turning 42 this summer.

I'm so glad life is finally going your way!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Pfft!!! 50 right here! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup! 40's awesome, 50's better :) No need to fear a decade, they get better and better. With age comes wisdom and lots of other good things.
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    ima_hidin wrote: »
    Seeing that i almost didnt make it to 36 forty was a blessing and i was not a beautiful lady like you. Relax and make it your prime.....

Awwwww!!! You are the best! Thank you! I'm very glad you made it past 36. ;-)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    better than being the other side of the ground ;)
  • ima_hidin
    ima_hidin Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    Options

• jaymvita
    jaymvita Posts: 5,787 Member
    Options
    jaymvita wrote: »

It's funny you say that. I do seem to be building an intolerance for stupidity and pettiness. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

It's very liberating ;)
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    nickylee76 wrote: »
    I am turning 40 in less than a year too but honestly I am looking forward to it cause I am going to VEGAS!!! Never been. But truthfully I am looking forward to it cause I have learned a lot the last 10 years and I want to celebrate that. Plus I am in the best shape I have ever been and I am only getting better!!

How cool!!! I need to plan a trip to celebrate!
  • CountryBabe75
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    I feel you... I get anxious at every milestone though. LoL I feel fortunate though, because my friends my age are freaking out about getting married and starting a family...Ive already been married, no rush to do that again..and my daughter graduates high school this year.

So oddly enough, because I've gotten the "stress" of getting that part of my life started out of the way, and actually, its over now (Im not having any more kids...knock on wood lol and I really dont care if I dont get married again) I feel like at 38, Im still young enough to have my life ahead of me still. So while Im anxious over the number itself, the reality of where I am in life at this age isn't so bad at all.

LOL! No more kids here either!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Why dread it? I'm also turning 40 this year and I can't wait!! Of course, I'm one of those old souls and all of my close friends are older than me. I'm also healthier and in better shape then I ever have been and make the best of each year.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Best decade ever.