do you eat bread?

Options
124»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting things out for the 10 years and I am still fat - ice cream, limiting bread etc. This time around I refuse to cut anything out, this is it for me. If I cannot cope with eating in moderation, then I should just give up. I am eating bread (whole foods prairie bread is my favorite), along with Noosa yogurt (bought 24 today at $1.25 each) from Harris Teeter, Haagen Daz ice cream, cashew nuts, almond butter, pizza now and again (not too fussy). I am going to live my life as I intend with the food that is available and eat in moderation.

I have never lost this much weight without cutting anything out.

This is beautiful. I want to print it out and put it on my wall it's so beautiful.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I eat multi grain bread like weight watchers, I eat potatoes, but limit myself on pasta.
  • AshleyPaleo
    AshleyPaleo Posts: 121
    Options
    I gave up wheat/corn/soy/refined sugar for my acne, as suggested by a nutritionist. Worked!! Oh and weight fell off me, and I am able to lift a lot more. But I do eat carbs, lots of them.
  • bethanylaugh
    bethanylaugh Posts: 237
    Options
    But I do eat carbs, lots of them.

Me too! But potatoes/sweet potatoes, fruits, veggies, and white rice. Grains & legumes (and sugar) are gone and it's been working like a charm.

best of luck whatever you decide! :drinker:
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Yes. Tasty, tasty European market bread.
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I have been cutting things out for the 10 years and I am still fat - ice cream, limiting bread etc. This time around I refuse to cut anything out, this is it for me. If I cannot cope with eating in moderation, then I should just give up. I am eating bread (whole foods prairie bread is my favorite), along with Noosa yogurt (bought 24 today at $1.25 each) from Harris Teeter, Haagen Daz ice cream, cashew nuts, almond butter, pizza now and again (not too fussy). I am going to live my life as I intend with the food that is available and eat in moderation.

I have never lost this much weight without cutting anything out.

YES<YES<YES!!!
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    People tend to assume that if we are not giving up something, then we aren't doing it right. It imparts some kind of special-ness to the effort. The low-carb thing is just a big lie. Eat less, move more and we'll be just fine! :o)
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    As far as bread / pasta sometimes I do. I will go weeks without eating any bread/pasta and then I will want some bread so I will buy a loaf and then will eat a slice of bread every day until it is gone. I have to eat gluten free and gluten free versions are just so expensive that I can't bring myself to buy them all of the time.

I do notice that I generally feel better when I am not eating things like bread/pasta but I think that is just because when I don't eat those, I get my carbs from sources that usually have more fiber.

When it comes to potatoes, I eat those all the time in every possible form. Sweet and regular. It is one of my favorite foods so I am not giving it up unless my doctor says I have to.

Honestly when it comes to burgers, I actually prefer them without the bun now. I just wrap them in huge leafs of lettuce and it saves me 150 calories for something I would prefer to eat other than a hamburger bun. Maybe this is just because gluten free hamburger rolls aren't that great...I don't really remember what a burger is like with a real bun lol
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 slice of my homemade bread a day. It is low carb, low cal, almost no sodium.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Nope, I cut out wheat a while ago and don't see myself eating it regularly again. I love what I eat now-lots of meat (mostly beef steaks and pork sausage/boneless chops), veggies, mushrooms (LOVE mushrooms and eat them with every meal usually), small amounts of fruit (bananas and berries), almonds, plain Greek yogurt, cheese and butter and then small amounts of misc. things like olives, white potatoes and white rice, dark chocolate, raw honey etc. For me, this the ideal way to eat and I'm maintaining effortlessly without having to count calories or track anything (I also do 8:16IF).

I like eating this way, if I didn't I would change things. If you're not happy then switch it up!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Hell yes, I eat bread and pasta!!!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    People tend to assume that if we are not giving up something, then we aren't doing it right. It imparts some kind of special-ness to the effort. The low-carb thing is just a big lie. Eat less, move more and we'll be just fine! :o)

Completely agree with this!!!!
  • kkclif
    kkclif Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Nope, I pretty much follow the same diet that you do. When I do eat bread though, it's Ezekial bread. It is made from sprouted grains instead of flour and you can find it in the frozen section at any grocery store. Health food stores like Whole Foods even has a variety. They sell tortillas as well, but I have yet to try those.