Herbalife? Anyone else on here?

Options

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I can see people on here are really supportive of each other goals .... At least there was a few people who could get their point across without being completely rude.

Being factual does not equal rude. Some of us have been here a long time. You know what i have yet to see? Anyone who was successful long term using marketing scam products.

Also, this isn't the support forum and luckily 99.99% of MFP know that Herbal life is a ripoff so you won't find much support in any forum on here.

This and this times a million.

Badger badger badger.

triobadgers485x275.jpg

What's wrong with a reasonable calorie deficit and moderate exercise?
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    REALLY?!?!

http://www.businessinsider.com/herbalife-halted-2014-3

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/nutrition/herbalife.html

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/11/03/herbalife_pyramid_scheme_lawsuit_15_million_settlement_in_class_action.html

Oh, and then there were the people that were made sick and died because of the ephedrine in it - it was illegal to sell in Southern California for a long time due to this.

Lawsuit after lawsuit, investigation and illegalities galore. If that's how you want to throw your money and your health away, go for it. I highly recommend against it.
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My sister nearly lost her entire family by getting suckered in to Forever, until she got wise and saw it for what it really was.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    It's an MLM scam,
    it's expensive,
    and it's dangerous.

Read the info here: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    (ETA: that page has links to the information, which comes from a wide variety of sources.)

Even if you can ignore all the information about illegal pyramid schemes and pressure sales and ripping people off,
    pay special attention to the journal articles (you know, science?) talking about people who have had liver damage and some have died from it.

The only reason it works for some people is because you're eating fewer calories than your body needs.
    You could have the same amount of calories in real food, solid food, and still lose weight.
    It will be less expensive to use real food.
    You will be less hungry having solid food compared to liquid.
    And you'll be establishing healthy eating patterns which could continue the rest of your life.

This. I personally know a young woman who used Herbalife for over two years and had liver damage; she gained every pound back when she stopped using it. Not worth it. Do the hard work and it'll pay off in the long run. I wish you the best!
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but I also believe its a scam, and honestly unhealthy. I started with Herbalife about 3 years ago, and also did Myfitnesspal. I did lose about 20 pounds from it, but it messed up my metabolism and my hormones greatly. By reducing my calorie intake to extreme measures and drinking shakes daily, not getting enough "real" nutrients, and all the unnatural ingredients in the shake (especially all the soy).Research all the ingredients on the Herbalife formula 1 label, you will be amazed.
    To this day, I am still trying to get my hormones and metabolism back on track.
    Real food is the way to go. I have maintained and lost more from my herbalife days while just eating real foods and watching calories.

It is your decisions, but good luck still if you do choose the Herbalife route!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting works but isn't for everyone

Weightwatchers, slimming world, Jenny Craig etc are glossy marketed and designed versions of calorie counting. Low carb, keto also work by calorie restriction

Packaged replacement meals are calorie restrictions

The issue is there is no RL real food learning curve with packaged meal replacement schemes so the weight will just come back on when you stop spending your money

It's a shame
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I can see people on here are really supportive of each other goals .... At least there was a few people who could get their point across without being completely rude.

Being factual does not equal rude. Some of us have been here a long time. You know what i have yet to see? Anyone who was successful long term using marketing scam products.

Also, this isn't the support forum and luckily 99.99% of MFP know that Herbal life is a ripoff so you won't find much support in any forum on here.

This and this times a million.

Badger badger badger.

triobadgers485x275.jpg

What's wrong with a reasonable calorie deficit and moderate exercise?

^ that would be too easy ...

weight loss is hard work that requires magical supplements and restriction of "bad" foods...
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    weight loss is hard work that requires magical supplements and restriction of "bad" foods...

Bollocks to that. Gimme cake...

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I like putting my money towards food, pizza, and iced coffees. Not to distributors whose motivation is to sell products under a pyramid scheme and have no background in nutrition or fitness.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    jazzine1 wrote: »
    From my friends experiences once they stop taking the shakes and start eating real food they gain weight.

Since the shakes keep them in a deficit, and once they return to eating food, they haven't learned calorie counting, deficits, or anything about proper intake.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If saying Herbalife and other scams are unhealthy, expensive, unnecessary, unpleasant, and even dangerous, is hating and being rude, I'll never stop hating and being rude.

Honestly I think advertising there products in here shouldn't be allowed in the first place.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    If saying Herbalife and other scams are unhealthy, expensive, unnecessary, unpleasant, and even dangerous, is hating and being rude, I'll never stop hating and being rude.

Honestly I think advertising there products in here shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

TBH, I wish they were a banned topic on here.
    I see too many people who post about being curious about Herbalife/Shakeology/ect, and then distributors/"coaches" trying to prey on them.

If you have a financial interest in these products, you should be banned from the site.

• jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options

TBH, I wish they were a banned topic on here.
    I see too many people who post about being curious about Herbalife/Shakeology/ect, and then distributors/"coaches" trying to prey on them.

If you have a financial interest in these products, you should be banned from the site.

Sometimes I wonder how many of these posts are started by people that are genuinely curious and how many are really started by sock puppet accounts ran by a distributor.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I like putting my money towards food, pizza, and iced coffees. Not to distributors whose motivation is to sell products under a pyramid scheme and have no background in nutrition or fitness.

Yeah pizza. I'm trying to save like 1000 calories for pizza tonight.
  • keithb0522
    keithb0522 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a great company with many products. People can call it a pyramid scheme but who cares about selling it. My friend is a sales rep and got the job within the company based on losing over 60 lbs using their products. She don't just use one she uses it all. She looks great and like any diet she is very active now that weight is off.

I have also installed equipment in Herbalife's biggest usa plant. No scheme. The company is legit and spends a lot to get the best product to the end users. If it works for you keep it up. Some people are biased. Yes it works, but so does naturally eating healthy and exercise.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    keithb0522 wrote: »
    Herbalife is a great company with many products. People can call it a pyramid scheme but who cares about selling it. My friend is a sales rep and got the job within the company based on losing over 60 lbs using their products. She don't just use one she uses it all. She looks great and like any diet she is very active now that weight is off.

I have also installed equipment in Herbalife's biggest usa plant. No scheme. The company is legit and spends a lot to get the best product to the end users. If it works for you keep it up. Some people are biased. Yes it works, but so does naturally eating healthy and exercise.

uh no
  • keithb0522
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

uh no

Ummm yes
  • keithb0522
    Options
    It's just a supplement company. Not a career.......lose weight any way you can. Why people knock a company that is constantly helping people lose weight boggles me.
    So you go to GNC and buy their protein powder, what's the difference????
    Some people have no clue is all
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

No, no no.

yopeeps025 wrote: »

Yeah pizza. I'm trying to save like 1000 calories for pizza tonight.
    That was me last night, pizza and wiiiine!

• keithb0522
    Options
    You people are lost. Lol