Bought a new "HOT" dress as motivation.....is that strange?

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    . oops:blushing:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Ok......So, I bought a new, hot little dress as motivation....is that a strange thing to do?

Of course it isn't. I did the same thing recently.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Ok......So, I bought a new, hot little dress as motivation....is that a strange thing to do? It is a size medium, and there is NO way way that I can even think about getting into it at the moment. But, I am hoping that it will fit by the end of February!

Does anyone else do little motivation tricks like this?

-Dee

Dee, I think it's a wonderful idea....it'll be a great motivator!!! I was looking forward to a photo of it hanging on the back of the closet door... can we see? Can we see? :bigsmile: Some have shared they buy size 5 jeans (or whatever someone's goal is) and hang them where they can see them everyday. I can see that would be awfully inspiring too!!!

Cheers to you for inspiring me to do that same!!!!:drinker: :heart:

Yeah.....I'll be honest, I bought a swim suit too (for next summer). :) Oh, and to keep myself honest, as I shrink, I am tossing (donating) all of my larger clothes. That way there is NO going back!

Awesome! Someone will be very happy with the larger sizes they may need going down themselves.

It's gorgeous!! I love how it ties in the back and the front is beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing the photos:happy:
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I say whatever motivates you to lose, go for it. And I say definitely get rid of the clothes that are too big as you can afford to replace them. I don't have the money for a lot, but as I buy something new that fits, I get rid of the old parallel item that's too big (for example, nice fitting denim shorts go in the dresser, so the baggy ones go out). That way if you do start gaining some weight back, you notice it right away and be motivated to lose it. I have personally had the experience of keeping the "fat" clothes in a bag in the back of the closet and gradually re-grew back into them. It was just too easy to pull them out when the "skinny" clothes got too tight. It only took a short time for the "skinny" clothes to end up in the bag and the "fat" clothes to go back on the shelf/in the closet!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I have one too. And (this part is probablt what IS weird) I have it pinned up on my wall so I have to look at it every single day and think DAMN I want to wear that!
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I do that too. I have a terrific little black dress, three pairs of pants, and a bikini, just waiting for me to shrink into them. Another 5-10 pounds, and they'll fit perfectly. :) I don't like to plan too far ahead, though. Just one or two sizes. And I didn't buy anything until I had a clear trend going on. 30 pounds gone, and 30 to go!
  • queenstl
    queenstl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    After having kids and refusing to buy clothes that were a bigger size, I kept all of my clothes I can't fit into to motivate me to lose the weight. I know that I felt good at that size and not at my current weight. My husband looks at me like I'm crazy because, it"s a entire wardrobe, lol. Most of the stuff I had just bought before I got pregnant with my youngest child, who will be 4 in july. He thinks that the clothes won't be in style, which for some maybe, but the majority of them or jeans and they never go out of style. I only buy things now if I need them for a specific reason, but I stay clear of the store, because I don't want to settle for this size. I have always been good about losing weight, and I am on my way. Good luck and do whatever motivates you.
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Ok....so here is the dress that I bought.

I'm not even close to this top heavy, so there is no chance that I will be hanging out! lol

(Hope these pictures post smaller that the last ones did.....still learning.)

dress.jpg
    dress2.jpg
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I rocked a pair of skinny jeans at my class reunion a few weeks ago!! You GO, girl!!!!
  • dlanoux
    Options
    I have one too. And (this part is probablt what IS weird) I have it pinned up on my wall so I have to look at it every single day and think DAMN I want to wear that!

I don't think that is weird.....I have a picture on my phone. Every time I want to cheat, I just pull it up. Sure changes my mind fast! :happy:
  • krystalc1986
    krystalc1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That is not strange at all as a matter of fact I think that is a great motivator. To know that whatever it is that you are doing is working you are getting in shape and getting rid of that extra weight I think its awesome. I must say that dress is stunning! Keep up the good work!!
  • dlanoux
    Options
    I say whatever motivates you to lose, go for it. And I say definitely get rid of the clothes that are too big as you can afford to replace them. I don't have the money for a lot, but as I buy something new that fits, I get rid of the old parallel item that's too big (for example, nice fitting denim shorts go in the dresser, so the baggy ones go out). That way if you do start gaining some weight back, you notice it right away and be motivated to lose it. I have personally had the experience of keeping the "fat" clothes in a bag in the back of the closet and gradually re-grew back into them. It was just too easy to pull them out when the "skinny" clothes got too tight. It only took a short time for the "skinny" clothes to end up in the bag and the "fat" clothes to go back on the shelf/in the closet!

That is exactly what I did the last time I lost weight. This time the "fat" clothes will go away! It is so easy to just pull a larger size out of the closet.....then before you know it....BAM! You are right back where you were a year prior.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I dnt think it's crazy at all... I do the same thing as a motivational tactic. .. I've been buying my clothes in a large and lord knows I can't fit into no large...
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    My goal size is 12, but I purchased a really cute pair of jeans in a size 10 from a resale shop on a whim. Just in case.
  • HLind2013
    HLind2013 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It is a HOT dress! Good For you and heck no it is not strange. YOU are going to feel AMAZING when you get into it! I am a self proclaimed clothing and high heel *kitten*. I buy shoes when I reach a goal and have kept my smaller clothes for years. It is the best feeling ever to be able to wear your old clothes AND go buy new things and actually look good. We all have out guilty pleasures.

Good Job! Keep up the hard work!
  • azavala78
    azavala78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's not strange at all! I have a smoking hot red dress I am excited to wear :) Your dress is fantastic, by the way! You will have to take a picture of you in when you reach your goal.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I bought a bikini. I tried on the bikini and took pics.

Once I look good in the bikini, everyone will get to burn their retinas. :wink:
  • CoachBrandice
    CoachBrandice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for working so hard to get the pics posted. What a great dress! I know you will look gorgeous in it!
  • nelsonhrae
    nelsonhrae Posts: 37
    Options
    Hell yeah this is motivation. My profile pic was that dress. Electric blue bandage dresses are not forgiving and spanx only do so much. I still wear it as my barometer. If I am popping out too much, time for some lifting.
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. I bought a pair of cute white jeans a size to small and now I in them. It is a great feeling. I will be shopping this weekend for my next goal pair!