The Gym is great for people watching!!

Options

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    High Heels reminded me of another one.

11) Figure Competition Lady? - There's an Asian girl who is probably 24 or 25 that comes into my gym on a fairly regular basis. She's lean and in very good shape. Anyway, one day I was doing squats and she comes walking out of the women's locker room wearing a tiny string (thong) bikini and matching high heels. Being married, Christian and trying to focus on my workout I'm trying my absolute best to completely ignore her presence, but she continues to parade all around the free weights area chatting it up with a couple of the trainers. Then she proceeds to go stand in front of the mirrors (near the squat rack where I was) and practice what I guess would be her runway walk. She ends up doing that for probably 30-45 minutes with 5-6 different thong bikinis and matching heels. I can only assume that she was preparing for some sort of figure competition, but seriously? In the gym? You're a very attractive woman and all, but you're showing me and everyone else in the gym way more of your body than anyone but your husband needs to see.
    Good for you . I...would have taken pics with my camera phone. :blushing:
  • ceredonia
    Options
    This is a fantastic thread. I admit to watching people at the gym, but sadly, our gym doesn't really have that many interesting people.

There is a lady in my kickboxing class though. She's there pretty much everytime I've gone, no matter what day of the week. She is HARDCORE but also extremely irritating. Monday night classes are super full because it's a convenient time to go, so it's already hard to get enough room to properly do the moves. This lady takes up the space of 3 or 4 other people because she's so "hardcore" that she literally leaps when you're supposed to be moving side to side or front to back. Her kicks are super wide and I've nearly been kicked/punched by her on multiple occasions because I get to class late enough that there's only room in the back, and she's usually near the middle/back of the class. I'm glad she's enthusiastic about class and yes, she's extremely fit and I know she puts a lot into her workouts, but she's a danger to anyone around her. :grumble:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'm probably known as the kooky one who can't pick a machine. For some reason, I'm very sensitive to noise, so if a machine makes the tiniest sound, like a clicking or knocking noise, it drives me crazy! Add to that the overhead lights bother my eyes. I usually read on the treadmill or elliptical, so the lights make a glare on the paper...so me trying to find a machine with no lights directly over it AND doesn't make any noises? People surely think I'm a bit OCD I bet. :laugh: Today I got on one treadmill, was bothered by the light above, got on the one next to it, and heard a clicking noise coming from it, so I decided that light was the lesser of two evils and went back to the first one. :laugh:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I'm probably known as the kooky one who can't pick a machine. For some reason, I'm very sensitive to noise, so if a machine makes the tiniest sound, like a clicking or knocking noise, it drives me crazy! Add to that the overhead lights bother my eyes. I usually read on the treadmill or elliptical, so the lights make a glare on the paper...so me trying to find a machine with no lights directly over it AND doesn't make any noises? People surely think I'm a bit OCD I bet. :laugh: Today I got on one treadmill, was bothered by the light above, got on the one next to it, and heard a clicking noise coming from it, so I decided that light was the lesser of two evils and went back to the first one. :laugh:

so, what happens if someone gets on a machine next to you that makes noise? Are you gonna rip your hair out? haha :laugh: :laugh:
  • katthomas
    katthomas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    These are WAY TOO FUNNY! Perfect for a boring day at work!
  • toots99
    Options

so, what happens if someone gets on a machine next to you that makes noise? Are you gonna rip your hair out? haha :laugh: :laugh:

I deal with it. I wish I could control what others do! :laugh: I don't know how they stand the noise! But I know it's just me, even with headphones on, it drives me crazy. :grumble:
  • TheDash12
    Options
    I wish there was a way that I could post a picture here. I recently took a photo of this young buff kid that goes to the gym I go to. He looks to be about 27 or so...and he always seems to year this BRIGHT orange shirt wit Fozzie bears face on it.

But the other day the same gentleman was wearing a different hat. And this hat matched the rest of his outfit.

HIS HAT WAS A BASEBALL CAP WITH TWO LITTLE GREEN WINGS ON EITHER SIDE!
    He also had bright green tank, and running pants with green stripes down the side.

Now, I'm all for one matching when youre going to the gym. Looking somewhat put together I guess. But this seemed a little much.

Again I wish I had a picture. ;P
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way that I could post a picture here. I recently took a photo of this young buff kid that goes to the gym I go to. He looks to be about 27 or so...and he always seems to year this BRIGHT orange shirt wit Fozzie bears face on it.

*now on ebay looking for fozzie bear t-shirts :)*
  • katthomas
    katthomas Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE reading these stories! The gym I go to is a local fitness center and we have some amazing people! I love my gym. One of my FAVORITE stories involves one of the managers/trainers and Zumba class.

Our Zumba class has 2 instructors, one male, one female, and is VERY intense. The male instructor is one of the funniest, most motivating, and energetic people you could every meet - and man can that boy move his hips! Both instructors wear Zumba attire during class. During class EVERYONE, including the instructors get extremly sweaty. One class the male instructor had on very light colored, and thin, pants and with the extreme sweating going on they bacame almost see-thru. During the cool-down we were doing sqauts and he turned sideways to demonstrate the proper form
    and thru the see-thru pants
    YOU COULD SEE HIS ZEBRA STRIPPED BIKINI UNDIES! All of us regulars were laughing so hard we couldn't even cool down! The female instructor, through tears of laughter, told him what we were laughing at - he laughed, shrugged his shoulders, laughed with us, and went on with the cool-down!

There are sooooooo many funny stories from my gym - wish I had time to tell them all. I guess they will be posts for the future!

KEEP THE STORIES COMING! I love to laugh!!:laugh:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Wow, zebra striped bikini undies...on a man. Wow.:ohwell:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Bump, I want to come back to this thread when I have more time!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    at my gym tonight my trainer, another lady and I were walking out of the floor work out room and noticed that a local real estate agent that has his own hour long realty show was working out. Well he is known for being kind of narcissistic and we were giving him the benefit of the doubt of watching his form in the mirror but once he got off the pully system machine he turned to the mirror and did what I call the Hans and Franz pump you up move. We busted out laughing when we saw that.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    This is the funniest thread I have ever ready on any board. I sat and laughed with tears streaming down my face!!

The one guy that irks me the most is the big guy (thick and muscular who sweats a lot) running on the treadmill and every 10 seconds or so he yells with a lot of gusto "Huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's like he's got to get his adrenaline going for the next 10 seconds but every time he does it I give him the evil staredown lol. It's SO distracting.

We also have the guy who wears neon colored (mostly pink and/or purple) spandex short shorts and the unitards. If he were a girl, you'd be able to see his bikini line they are so short. Blech. He's the most popular guy there though, apparently. Everyone always yells across the gym, "Hey Lee! How are ya, Lee?"

I'm also probably known as the treadmill skipper. I simply cannot run on one that makes a weird noise or "drags" if you know what I mean. It's got to be in good working order. I move from one treadmill to another to find the one that works the best, without getting down on the floor, lol.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I go to step class on Mondays and here recently we had a new participant. It's a woman probably mid to late 40's....NO rhythm but thinks she's groving out! Only thing is that's not the funny part.....she's one of those top heavy folks that are built like *kitten* brick houses...you know, broad shoulders, big boobs, big belly, no booty and small legs. She does, however, have flabby thighs....but none of this stops her from wearing the shortest, tightest shorts ever and still rolling them up (or down, however you want to look at it) where you can almost see her hip bone and at the same time see her "tramp stamp" (no judgement there....I have one too) and the smallest tank top with her belly hanging out and top rolled down under her bra where you can see the tattoo on her breast! She struts through the entire class and makes up her own steps because she can't quite catch on. It's absolutely hilarious! then when class is done she'll go do the "bend and snap" routine from Legally Blonde to get her water bottle and go strutting back out into the gym constantly looking around to see if anyone is watching! Too funny!

Ok I soooooooooo totally laughing out loud reading this!!!! The bend and snap!!! I am soooo rolling!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More stories please this is hilarious!!!!

There is this guy at the gym I must admit he is very built and muscular. He wears these tight spandex pants and this muscle shirt that he cut up so carefully to show his perfect muscular pecks the problem is he is soooooooooooo greased up from literally head to toe! I call him "Crisco" because he looks like he took a swim in a vat of grease. Then he struts around the gym like a peacock like he's all that and a bag of chips. It's too funny!!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • mrsyatesy
    mrsyatesy Posts: 173
    Options
    What a great load of stories - whwo knew the gym provided so much more than fitness???!!

We have the usual set of weights boyz who all watch themselves in the mirror, but my pet hate is light grey cotton workout tops.
    It's a gym - work hard and you will sweat - but really - I dont want to see every patch of it ............ please ........... - just buy white or black tops, or even one which wicks sweat???? It's grim, I;ve never understood it - it must be so uncomfortable and looks so gross - maybe it's a badge of honour???

On a lighter note, we have a tiny little jewish lady who is about 70 who comes in to her yoga class in black glittery leggings, matching leotard fully made up with bright red lipstick - she's fantastic!! She says hello to everyone on the way in and just looks like she's made so much effort - love her!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I experienced this. I was on the leg press machine and this dude decided he was going to position himself so that he could get a good view of my butt. The gym was almost empty, he could have picked any area but NOOOOO he HAD to sit there. Had the nerve to stare with no shame. As soon as he sat down and I saw what was going on, I grabbed my towel and left.

One of the reasons I prefer an all women's gym.

That hamstring machine is a pain. When I was at 24 hour Fitness they had it where your butt was to the wall. At LA Fitness it's in the middle of the room. To say the least I haven't used that machine at LA Fitness EVER.
  • SarahBC
    SarahBC Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well I work at a gym so Im here everyday and see amazing alot of funny gym stories... here are only a few...

* The bicep junking - there is a guy that comes in every night and sits on the bicep curl and just does curl after curl. He doesnt warm up he doesnt cool down or stretch, he doesnt even look at other exercises or machines... just the bicep curl

*Young girls- they come in and have there mobile phone or with a friend, walk around the gym and talk talk talk.. then leave...

* Zumba craze... a lady comes into every single one of my zumba classes, stands directly in the front and centre... cant actually do anything but gets so into it, no joke she is at all my classes... last week i was away for one of my classes then the next day she was really angry saying she hated the other class... It made me feel good that she only comes to mine :P

*The mum and the Daughter, every time they come into the gym they bring cookies ... like really gym instructors want cookies i dont think so hahahha

*One of the boys, he loves to do body weight circuits but everytime he does push ups he always sticks his head up and looks around like a duck... to see if anyone is looking at him
  • toots99
    Options

I'm also probably known as the treadmill skipper. I simply cannot run on one that makes a weird noise or "drags" if you know what I mean. It's got to be in good working order. I move from one treadmill to another to find the one that works the best, without getting down on the floor, lol.

Yes! That's me! I'm not alone! :laugh:
  • toots99
    Options
    Today I walked into the ladies bathroom in the locker room, and there was water running in the sink, with clothing in it, and around it. Like, someone's underwear on the counter. I almost threw up. :sick: Someone was in a stall, so I go about my business, walk out of the stall, and at the sink is a large, naked older woman...washing her underwear in the sink. It was one of the most godawful things I've ever witnessed. Where do these people come from?!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I love to watch the ppl on 10 incline holding on for dear life! I just cant imagine how it is helping at all.
    Then there is the texter's.....eyeroll
    There was a guy next to me on the elliptical who answered his phone LOUDLY. I LOL...and kept working out. Well after 5 minutes I was getting mad so I started answering him.......
    He would say DID YOU HEAR ME????
    I would answer SURE DID!!
    Once he cought on he hung up......and I LOL again.
    We have a woman who is 89 who can do a complete split and lay flat! Holy cow! I must have been staring because she smiled at me and proceeded to stand up and put her leg up by her ear! 89!! I went right to her and say WTG!!!

It has been so long since I have gone I will def be the one to watch!! :drinker: