Tattoos :)

Options
Boardergurl
Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
So here is a question for anyone with full/half sleeve tattoos! Does any regret getting them at a younger age now that they are grown up with careers ? :)

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    The only thing I regret is going to a Loverboy concert in the mid-80's.
  • Boardergurl
    Options
    Why in the heck would you regret that :p
  • NurseWizzle
    NurseWizzle Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'm too much of a wuss to get more than the one tattoo I have now.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Why in the heck would you regret that :p

Well, outside of the fact that it was Loverboy, I didn't get the sweet lovin' that I was hoping for.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    No regrets I plan on getting more over my lifetime
  • boss333
    boss333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I havea half sleeve and work as a caregiver. Never thought they would let me :)
  • Boardergurl
    Options
    I just keep hearing it from all angles about what happens when I'm older! Its not like I"m 18! I'm 30 been at my job for 7 years! it may not be my forever job but really there is long sleeve shirts right!
    People just don't get it! you think the judgment would stop!
  • Boardergurl
    Options
    @ Robbo will you ever get one? or just not your thing?
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I don't have sleeves, but I regret the largish one on my upper arm, it was a tribal type thing I got with my skeezy ex when I was 18. I tried to cover it up with makeup for my wedding 5 years later but it rubbed off and my sister called me Biker Bride.
    5 Years later I got it covered with a horse jumping over a brick wall but now it's huge and whenever I wear tanks I just feel ridiculous, not to mention the ones on my legs, which were meaningless and just done for the fun of it. I REGRET ALL OF THEM UGH.
  • decy63
    decy63 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and am halfway through getting a sleeve done will I regret it when I'm 70 F..k no.
  • Boardergurl
    Options
    Ya I don't regret any because there is a story behind them all! I would be covered head to toe if I could!!!
    That's amazing Decy63! What are you getting?!?!?
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    if done classy and tasteful it shouldn't affect your profession, although some customer facing roles don't approve if it.

i don't have a single tattoo myself.

No tatoo crew checking in.

Love them on girls!!!!!!!! Would get one myself, just can't commit lol
  • boss333
    boss333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    decy63 wrote: »
    I'm 52 and am halfway through getting a sleeve done will I regret it when I'm 70 F..k no.

Haha hell yeah
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting a quarter sleeve for my 40th birthday. I work in an office and while I have a visible tattoo on my wrist, I have respect for my bosses. I don't regret any of my tattoos.
  • Boardergurl
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I'll be getting a quarter sleeve for my 40th birthday. I work in an office and while I have a visible tattoo on my wrist, I have respect for my bosses. I don't regret any of my tattoos.
    So does that mean you cover them up when you are at work all the time?!?!?

strozman wrote: »
    Robbo_79 wrote: »
    if done classy and tasteful it shouldn't affect your profession, although some customer facing roles don't approve if it.

i don't have a single tattoo myself.

No tatoo crew checking in.

Love them on girls!!!!!!!! Would get one myself, just can't commit lol
    Its a HUGE commitment that's why its taken me as long as this to get a sleeve! I have a leg sleeve that I just finished and am starting my arm tomorrow!

Regret now that I'm older? Hell no, I'm still working on them. I will say, that with as many tattoos that I have, I will never have a tattoo on my neck or higher because it is gross in my opinion.
    I have a small star on the back of my neck and for the most part you never see it! and a little flower in my ear lol
    Hands bother me! I don't like when hands are tattooed!
    You do however look like you have an AMAZING collection of ink! <3

• IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    No half/full sleeves but i do have six. Each have a different story and dont regret it. Don't ask me the stories, i don't kiss and tell :P
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    i got my first in 2008 (ankle) now i got one on my ribs and foot and biggest on my thigh!! I don't regret any.. Maybe just add plenty more. My thigh isn't completed yet.. Still another 3 hours to go !!! rkl2tft6ignf.jpg
  • jmacok
    jmacok Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am trying to decide on a sleeve and have no issue wearing long sleeves while teaching/coaching.