Tattoos :)

Options

Replies

• TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    ^ as you can see the ring, hair, eyelashes. chain earring not all completed. lol
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    wolfsbayne wrote: »
    I'll be getting a quarter sleeve for my 40th birthday. I work in an office and while I have a visible tattoo on my wrist, I have respect for my bosses. I don't regret any of my tattoos.
    So does that mean you cover them up when you are at work all the time?!?!?

No, most of mine are in places that are covered up, anyway. My wrist is rarely covered.

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    OMG... who is that?
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    No regrets just wish I had time to get my side finished.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    And people are barely answering the OP's question about having a SLEEVE, not tattoos in general. OP, I am hesitant to do any kind of sleeve. I think they look awesome, but fear they'll limit job opportunities in the future. As a teacher, I fear a sleeve wouldn't be cool unless I wore shirts with long sleeves all of the time, which I don't like doing. My two (soon to be three) tats are in places they are covered, but I'm kind of a private person and don't necessarily want everyone to see them.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I didn't get a full sleeve, but I did get a couple small tattoos when I turned 18. While they are small and well done, I wish I hadn't gotten them. If any of them are visible at work people ask a million questions about them (the tattoos aren't anything profound or inappropriate) and then I have to get into conversations about my choices as an 18 year old with people I hardly know. I'd just rather not. Also, I feel like tattoos age you. Like you can tell the age of a person based on the type of tattoo they have. Not to mention EVERYONE has them these days, I think there is something more unique and sexy about being a blank canvas rather than covering yourself in tattoos.
    Again, just my thoughts based on my experience.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a few tattoos and I do not regret having them. I do regret that they have no meaning to me. I got them because my ex was a tattoo artist and I was young and thought they were "cute". I want to cover them up with tattoos that mean something to me.
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Nope, I love them, they are part of me and I don't regret them for a second!
  • Boardergurl
    Boardergurl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    And people are barely answering the OP's question about having a SLEEVE, not tattoos in general. OP, I am hesitant to do any kind of sleeve. I think they look awesome, but fear they'll limit job opportunities in the future. As a teacher, I fear a sleeve wouldn't be cool unless I wore shirts with long sleeves all of the time, which I don't like doing. My two (soon to be three) tats are in places they are covered, but I'm kind of a private person and don't necessarily want everyone to see them.

Thanks for the response! I hear ya on a private person! but then I hear the you wouldn't get them if you didn't want to answer questions or tell people! my leg sleeve is VERY personal ill tell people if they ask but usually if I don't know you I say I got it cause I wanted it!
    I work in an office with VERY old school men! They don't understand it and rag on me about wasting my money and such! but nothing about when im older!
    I just say you spend your money on your BMW I spend mine on my art!
    Do you think as a teacher they will get more widely accepted?!!?!?
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My entire left calf is tattooed, I often forget it's there until I am in the shower then it's like...oo! Pretty!!
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options

True I didn't answer the question. I don't have any sleeves but from the bottom of my left breast to my hip is tatted. I do have two other tats but all of mine are covered. I am a corporate accountant and prefer to keep my ink private. No regrets!
  • Boardergurl
    Options
    jmacok wrote: »
    I am trying to decide on a sleeve and have no issue wearing long sleeves while teaching/coaching.

Then just do something you LOVE and that means a lot to you! Do a mesh of things that have gotten you to where you are today!

• Boardergurl
    Options
    armgyo wrote: »
    No half/full sleeves but i do have six. Each have a different story and dont regret it. Don't ask me the stories, i don't kiss and tell :P

You are pretty much inviting me to ask lol :p
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Full sleeve on my left arm and lots on my right no regrets, that being said I will never have a tattoo that cant be easily covered, nothing below the wrist and nothing above the collar.
  • justinegibbons
    justinegibbons Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I don't have a sleeve but I have plenty of visible tattoos and some that are not as openly visible but I love each and every one of them. They all have a real meaning to me.. I didn't just go out and get some random flash off the wall of some no name shop.. I think that's the stuff people regret.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    This is not answering your question, but I wanted a tattoo for many years but could never decide what I wanted, and as I was approaching my 50th birthday I got one finally! I love it and do not regret it at all, and want to get another one soon.

• bkhamill
    Options
  • Boardergurl
    Options
    I love that! where is it
  • bkhamill
    Options
    on the back of my right shoulder
  • LouLouStBijou
    LouLouStBijou Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I got a black cat outline on my right shoulder when I turned 30 (way too many years ago now). I kind of regret it because I don't think it's as pretty or as well done as I would have liked it to be. My husband just got some swallows done on his right arm and they are super pretty. I thought it would be cool if I copied one of those swallows on to the shoulder where the cat is (if one could maybe cover the other). However, I haven't done it yet and I may still chicken out.