What's for lunch today?!

Options
I need more ideas for lunch! I've been eating a sandwich and fruit everyday and by the end of the day it seems I've had nothing but carbs all day!
So....what are you having for lunch??

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Chuck roast, sun dried tomatoes, habanero peppers, garlic, onion, a dash of apple cider vinegar, a dash of salt.

Lucky I don't have a boyfriend, he'd be feeding me breathmints all evening!
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I had wholegrain pasta with shrimp, zucchini, tomatoes and feta :) delish and about 35g carbs
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Don't know yet--didn't manage to bring something today. But I often have leftovers or something similar--meat plus veggies plus either a starch (potatoes/sweet potatoes) or fruit or yogurt. Obviously you could break the fruit/yogurt into snacks if you are more into that. Recently instead of leftovers I've been slow cooking some meat just for lunch (turkey pieces work well, chicken, also did pork shoulder and lamb shanks) and then cooking up extra veggies and the starch if I want it (it kind of depends on my workout plans) when I cook dinner and packing that up. My super safe and convenient Tupperware carrying cases are my favorite thing ever.

Home packed lunch of that sort aside, an easy less carby lunch would be a salad with protein or a good, filling meat and veggies based soup or stew or a chili that also has lots of veggies. Since I like to try and get more veggies into lunch I'm likely to enjoy a half sandwich (when I have a sandwich) plus a vegetable-based soup.
  • whatyouwill
    whatyouwill Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    4 Ryvitas, I'm throwing in a low calorie (<1500) day. Can't wait to get home and smash that omelette!
  • stevieraynicks2015
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Chuck roast, sun dried tomatoes, habanero peppers, garlic, onion, a dash of apple cider vinegar, a dash of salt.

OMG - that sounds amazing. Did you do that in the crock pot??
  • stevieraynicks2015
    stevieraynicks2015 Posts: 16 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    4 Ryvitas, I'm throwing in a low calorie (<1500) day. Can't wait to get home and smash that omelette!

Maybe that's what I need to start doing. My daily calorie goal is 1410. But, I would be starving lol

Who am I kidding? I already am starving!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

OMG - that sounds amazing. Did you do that in the crock pot??

I did the chuck roast in the crock pot, the peppers, tomatoes, and garlic I dried in a dehydrator. The onions are raw.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have the weirdest sandwich- Flax wrap, smoked sandwich cream cheese, egg whites, grated parm, and mixed greens.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    120gr of Asian marinated chicken over lettuce with sugar snaps, baby corn, bell pepper and carrot and a soy/orange dressing.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Leftovers...small portion of Chicken and Dumplings and a large portion of mustard greens.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I keep a small pantry in my office along with a small refrigerator and microwave. I keep a few Lean Cuisines in the little freezer. Some canned soups in the file drawer. Some tuna and salmon in packets. I always have a loaf of bread. A half dozen eggs. Hard boiled eggs. Lunch meat and cheese. Salad dressing, bagged mixed greens, V-8, fruit, etc. I keep horseradish, mayo, good mustard, etc. along with things like sun-dried tomatoes, dried mushrooms, etc. and some basic spices and dried herbs, especially for an omelette. Oh, and usually have some pre-cooked bacon and a couple of individual protein shakes. I not only make a lunch, but often pack a dinner when I'm on the run home to Tai Chi and the gym to eat later. Today, I'm planning on making egg salad for an egg salad and olive sandwich, low-sodium V-8, and a clementine for lunch and a 100 calories bag of popcorn for late in the day so I can rush to Tai Chi from 6 - 7:30!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ground beef patty with roasted turnips and carrots and a box of Green Giant steamers, and a Greek yogurt for dessert (don't know which flavor yet).
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This week it's 4 oz crock pot roasted chicken and 1/2 cup brown rice with black beans and seasoning (topped with a dollop of Greek yogurt and 1/4 oz shredded cheddar cheese).

359 cals - 24c / 11f / 42p

Yesterday I also had a salted caramel Greek yogurt cup because I had a few extra calories. Next week I'll be having crock pot salsa chicken on a tostada shell topped with black beans and mozzarella cheese. Similar macros to this week's lunch.
  • channi_c
    channi_c Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Today I had chicken marinated in tandori & chilli powder with pasta and mayo
    I make homemade soups normally in my slow cooker and I can eat alot more of that to feel full than a tinned soup

Have u tried cooking extra at tea time for the next day? I normally have stiry frys, chilli, spag bol and curry and just have a very small portion of rice for dinner or non at all

xx
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    At the moment I love large mushrooms stuffed with spinach also have a small portion of cous cous and a side salad it's yummy and actually does full you up :)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Stilton and broccoli soup, half a ham sandwich, apple.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey, basmati rice, asparagus and broccoli topped with yellow curry powder and mango salsa!
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Soup with cheese toast. It's cold today. ;)
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Id a New York Rueben on Rye, with a pack of crisps and a DARK BOUNTY
  • KaryLoaiza88
    KaryLoaiza88 Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm having grilled pork loin, quinoa pasta with mushrooms and broccoli & romaine lettuce and tomato salad.