Day 2 No white diet - bad headache

Options
Made it through day 1 (ash wednesday fast day) no biggie and now the afternoon of day 2 I am getting a bad headache. I usually have my daily diet coke and snack (usually sweets) about now.

Any advice or just general advice for a carb/sweets/starchy-loving guy?

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey op! What are you specifically cutting out? If we know that, we might be able to make recommendations.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Sorry, why are you giving it up?

Giving up anything unless medically related is pretty faddy.

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    So you're cutting out all white food from your diet? Weird. Just eat at a deficit.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Made it through day 1 (ash wednesday fast day) no biggie and now the afternoon of day 2 I am getting a bad headache. I usually have my daily diet coke and snack (usually sweets) about now.

Salt. Eat more salt or drink bone broth or bouillon to compensate for the diuretic effect of not eating carbs.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Well my weaknesses that contribute to excess calories are sweets (candy, ice cream, pastries, etc), bready foods, snacks, sugar cereal, and bad food choices at restaurants. I am a picky eater and tend to choose burger or sandwich + fries.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »

It looks like she is doing it for lent which I wouldn't call faddy at all.

• jkwolly
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

Salt. Eat more salt or drink bone broth or bouillon to compensate for the diuretic effect of not eating carbs.
    Mmm bone broth.
  • Wookinpanub
    Options
    So you're cutting out all white food from your diet? Weird. Just eat at a deficit.

....and cutting out the white food will help immensely reach a deficit.

• joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    If you are still getting the same caffeine...then I would guess an imbalance with your salt, dehydration, or a combination.

Truthfully though, anytime you dramatically change your diet like you have there is bound to be some biological blowback...and it could be for no good reason that you can diagnose.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    jkwolly wrote: »

It looks like she is doing it for lent which I wouldn't call faddy at all.
    Sorry, didn't see where he said lent... and then saw about Ash Wednesday.

....backing out now.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    this diet sounds racist....
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Well my weaknesses that contribute to excess calories are sweets (candy, ice cream, pastries, etc), bready foods, snacks, sugar cereal, and bad food choices at restaurants. I am a picky eater and tend to choose burger or sandwich + fries.

LOL

just eat less FOOD...

calorie deficit is all you need...

not some "no white food restrictions plan"
  • Wookinpanub
    Options
    If you are still getting the same caffeine...then I would guess an imbalance with your salt, dehydration, or a combination.

Truthfully though, anytime you dramatically change your diet like you have there is bound to be some biological blowback...and it could be for no good reason that you can diagnose.

I have only had one coke zero the last two days as opposed to my usual 2-4 per day + a starbucks Carmel Mach.

• Wookinpanub
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

LOL

just eat less FOOD...

calorie deficit is all you need...

not some "no white food restrictions plan"

the no white is a means to eat less food and achieve calorie deficit
  • jkwolly
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this diet sounds racist....
    Racist diets for religious reasons makes them no longer racist.
  • jms14letgo
    jms14letgo Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Are you cutting out soda too OP? If you are I would say that lack of caffeine is probably why you are getting the headache. There isn't much you can do about that except drink plenty of water and maybe find another caffeine source, like unsweetened tea.

Cold packs on the head and neck help with headaches.. otherwise you'll probably just have to tough it out.
  • ndj1979
    Options

....and cutting out the white food will help immensely reach a deficit.

What happens when you over eat on dark foods????
  • dallshouse0363
    Options
    It is the aspartame in the Diet Coke. It happens to me every time. You think I would learn but I don't. Give it a day or two and the headache will go away.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    try having some coffee...coffee often helps my headaches. If you've cut the diet coke, the coffee will replace that caffeine.
  • Wookinpanub
    Options
    I took an generic Excedrin that has caffeine in it. Still have a headache.