Lunch Today! Share what you prepared!

Options

Replies

• mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Sprouted quinoa and rice blend with red beans, kale and grilled chicken. Nom nom
  • glennat229
    glennat229 Posts: 15
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Faux pho (vegan): 375 cal
    Still figuring out how to use this site. Pic in separate posts.....
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    dbkle wrote: »
    uv6oor3xmzy8.png

Exactly what I have every day: 2/3 C. steamed California blend with salt, pepper, and garlic salt with water to drink.

So hungry :(
  • glennat229
    edited February 2015
    Options

• glennat229
    edited February 2015
    Options
    stqvth46ow34.jpg
    This is the Faux Pho mentioned above and below
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yummy!
  • glennat229
    Options
    Glass noodles, kale, ginger, soy, sriracha, sugar peas, mushrooms, lemongrass, yellow pepper, cilantro, mint, green onion, garlic
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've been working on recipes for my cook book, "The Skillful Art of Healthy Eating" and for today's lunch I had two of the recipes that I have finally mastered, copyrighted, and added to the book. Both recipes are high protein, high fiber, diabetic and weight loss surgery friendly, and appealing to the eye. It's my absolute belief that we eat with our eyes first. I haven't photographed them yet because I was swamped with work. I had my homemade cashew chicken salad that contains chicken breast, celery, onions, and cashews over a bed of power greens. I use plain Greek yogurt and a splash of red wine vinegar. I paired the chicken salad with a red bean salad containing red beans, edamame, carrots, red onion, celery, red bell pepper, and mango. The dressing is made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, herbed sea salt, and ground black pepper. I plan to have it again for lunch tomorrow. So I will photograph them and post the pictures then.
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    katrinapri wrote: »
    I wanted to try quinoa, how's the texture?
    I like it in the mix with the brown rice. I've never had it alone. It was a prepared combination that was already seasoned, and it was delicious.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    A ham sandwich and an orange. Nothing fancy.
  • mjsmamma
    mjsmamma Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Salmon fillet over broccoli slaw and maple grove farms sesame ginger dressing.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    A yummy bowl of goodness with mixed salad greens, grilled asparagus & cauliflower, diced chicken breast, quinoa, and topped with mango & avocado.
  • bmcable
    bmcable Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • donnawtm
    donnawtm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been working on recipes for my cook book, "The Skillful Art of Healthy Eating" and for today's lunch I had two of the recipes that I have finally mastered, copyrighted, and added to the book. Both recipes are high protein, high fiber, diabetic and weight loss surgery friendly, and appealing to the eye. It's my absolute belief that we eat with our eyes first. I haven't photographed them yet because I was swamped with work. I had my homemade cashew chicken salad that contains chicken breast, celery, onions, and cashews over a bed of power greens. I use plain Greek yogurt and a splash of red wine vinegar. I paired the chicken salad with a red bean salad containing red beans, edamame, carrots, red onion, celery, red bell pepper, and mango. The dressing is made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, herbed sea salt, and ground black pepper. I plan to have it again for lunch tomorrow. So I will photograph them and post the pictures then.

I agree with you completely when I look at recipes I always look at the pictures first and if it doesn't look appetising I don't even bother reading the recipe
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I'm having a Mexican-style salad. Iceburg lettuce, spinach, carrot, cherry tomatos, feta topped with shredded chicken, kidney beans onion and mushrooms cooked in a tomato sauce with cumin, garlic, corriander and chilli. Yummo!

Leftovers from dinner last night which I ate in lettuce wraps - bit messy for work though
  • priyac1987
    priyac1987 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have the same lunch every day for a week (easier to bulk prep) then mix it up the week after! This week chicken, sweetcorn and kidney beans curry with rice and a banana.. next week i'll be having chicken and bacon cheesy pasta with salad!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have yet to figure out how to post a picture to MFP but my lunch consists of grilled chicken, black beans and tomatoes on a whole wheat wrap topped with creamy ghost chili sauce. It's left overs from last night.
  • devilinsoul
    devilinsoul Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just love the combination of goat cheese with honey, walnuts and thyme <3
    0py804ry774g.png

• fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Lunch today: Pumpkin seed butter and avocado mushed up with Greek yoghurt as a dip for baby carrots and cucumber. Not sure about the pumpkin seed butter on its own, but mashed up like this, the flavour wasn't bad.

@katrina I like quinoa. If you boil it and leave it slightly undercooked, it will have a slightly crunchy texture, which I like if I make quinoa burgers--it just gives you this little pop of a different texture. If you cook it completely (and/or overcook it), it's very smooth. It's small, so if you fully cook it, it's like well-cooked teeny pasta, or cous-cous or something?
  • skippahhhh
    skippahhhh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Low carb deep dish pepperoni and hamburger pizza. "Crust" made with a 2cup package of 4cheese shredded pizza cheese and 2 eggs.