exercises for mons pubis? HELP!

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    harlanJEN wrote: »
    Hefty trash bag, duct tape, original Jane Fonda on VHS and drink more green tea.

Nope.

OP, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to remove fat from a specific area of your body. Hopefully as you lose weight, you'll see a reduction in size.

Good luck.

What do you mean "Nope"? This is scientifically proven to work, particularly for the pubic area. Just google it.
    lol, be nice, OP may not know you're joking.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    OMGEEEE, there are area specific exercises otherwise we wouldnt have arm day and leg day now can she purposely lose weight in one area, no not really. Can you work certain muscle groups to target problem areas YES! So sick of how everyone attacks people on here!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hefty trash bag, duct tape, original Jane Fonda on VHS and drink more green tea.

Nope.

OP, unfortunately there's nothing you can do to remove fat from a specific area of your body. Hopefully as you lose weight, you'll see a reduction in size.

Good luck.

What do you mean "Nope"? This is scientifically proven to work, particularly for the pubic area. Just google it.

It is scientifically proven to remove excess water, which you will gain back.

Losing fat is like trying to dry out a sponge, You can't dry a corner while the rest of it is still wet. That being said, you can strengthen what is under the fat to have a nice firm body when the fat is gone. The area the OP wants to target is best hit through a mix of compound lifts and core strengthening/stabilization exercises. Abdominal work will not be as effective as core work and full body training.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Which color trash bags and duct tape?

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    DjinnMarie wrote: »
    Well that's enough internet for today. I'm gonna go workout, it's back, bis, and mons pubis day! My favorite!
    :D You, madam, just won the internet!

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Nope.

Good luck.

I did google it - I see zero scientific studies. Care to provide sources?

Wearing a trash bag while you work out causes dehydration and can lead to serious health risks. It screws up your body's cooling process by preventing the sweat you create from being evaporated, which tells your body to continue to produce sweat, leading to dehydration. Any "loss" you might see is not actually fat loss, it's water loss.

But please, prove me wrong.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    jenjay8045 wrote: »
    OMGEEEE, there are area specific exercises otherwise we wouldnt have arm day and leg day now can she purposely lose weight in one area, no not really. Can you work certain muscle groups to target problem areas YES! So sick of how everyone attacks people on here!

So crunches target belly fat? No. That's what we are saying. There is a difference between improving the muscle in a certain area and removing the fat in a certain area. You can improve the muscle through targeted exercises, you cannot remove the fat through targeted exercises. We are answering her actual question accurately.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

Nope.

Good luck.

Wearing a trash bag while you work out causes dehydration and can lead to serious health risks. It screws up your body's cooling process by preventing the sweat you create from being evaporated, which tells your body to continue to produce sweat, leading to dehydration. Any "loss" you might see is not actually fat loss, it's water loss.

lol.... It's a joke, dear. The person who originally posted the advice was joking, and I was piggybacking on it.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Nope.

Good luck.

Lmfaaaaaaaaaaao!

Trixieloo for the trolling win!

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Oy, I am afraid that if I lose more weight, I'll lose my sense of humor too! Please NOOOOOO don't let that happen....
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Nope.

Good luck.

I am 99.999% sure she was joking. :wink:

• spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    It IS genetic. I've been obese and within my normal BMI and have the "Fat monkey". LOL!! Although, it was less noticeable at my lower weight.
    I've always had it and I HATE IT. I've always been self conscience of this area will buy shirts, blouses, that are long enough to cover it.
    I understand your pain.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    You can't g-spot reduce. C'mon. I'm not the first one to think that, right?

ROFLMAO.gif
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options

Nope.

Good luck.

lol.... It's a joke, dear. The person who originally posted the advice was joking, and I was piggybacking on it.

And now I'm off to wipe the egg off my face.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Nope.

Good luck.

google up sarcasm- that should help get you a better answer.

she was joking.
  • nuttynanners
    nuttynanners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    owlbrave wrote: »
    But there are exercises to trim down and to help lose weight else where on the body. I am starting to work out to lose weight, but Its one of those problem areas I would like to work on as well. We all have problem spots, one of mine happens to be there.

And I know we cant get rid of it and that there will always be a curve there, but its kinda an issue, when you look like you have a bulge in your pants and you are a full born female and have to lift it up, just to wipe.

There are exercises that target specific muscle groups, but you can't spot reduce (as it's already been said). You could try to work on the muscles in your lower abdomen and obliques, thereby tightening and toning up those areas...but only overall fat loss is going to truly do away with the fat in ANY particular area on the body.
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Nope.

Good luck.

google up sarcasm- that should help get you a better answer.

she was joking.

It's not like people actually advocating for things like that in a serious way is out of the ordinary on this forum.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

Nope.

Good luck.

REALLY? That won't work? Dangit!! Kicks rocks >>>>>

• usmcmp
    Options
    Some brutal responses by some people I've known for a while. You guys should know as well as anyone else that people believe that crap and will pass garbage off as science when they don't want to try to defend themselves. It's not even remotely a stretch to think that it was a serious response. Maybe they do need a sarcasm font. It's hardly a loss of sense of humor to think someone was serious.
  • Feelgood97
    Feelgood97 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Try running, it's a good exercise; sit ups and eating good should help :D