Weight loss struggle

38 year old mother of two wanting to lose weight and no motivation

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Why do you want to lose weight? use that as your motivation :)
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Sounds like it. It must have taken about 5 seconds to write that....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    No one can really motivate you except yourself. That being said you can help yourself along by keeping the family in the loop (at least hubby anywyas the kids might be too young to be very helpful) of what your goals are, why, and how you plan to reach them so they can help you along.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    I want to be a 5'9" supermodel, but that's never going to happen.

Why do you want to lose weight? How much do you want to lose? Do you have a realistic timeline? What are you willing to do to be successful? How uncomfortable are you willing to be to be successful? Do you have a goal in mind?

Remember, any goal must be a SMART goal:
    Specific
    Measurable
    Attainable
    Realistic
    Timely

• robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    I LOVE what cebreisch said! although I am 5'11 im no super model! Im 220.2, and in order to be a supermodel I need to lose atleast 50 pounds! so this is operation SUPERMODEL!
  • TNS78
    TNS78 Posts: 3 Member
    I love the SMART goal suggestion posted by Cebreisch. I often set goals that are unattainable.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    You have to be sick and tire of being sick and tired. Only you know that point.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Pretty much, it's an inside job, so when you want this, you'll do it.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    38 year old mother of two wanting to lose weight and no motivation

It's not gonna happen unless you find some.

We can't give it to you, either - you have to find it for yourself.

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Until you find the motivation within your soul forget it. I would say your motivation should be setting a good example for your children, living to see your grandchildren and self-worth. Is that motivation enough? Stop making excuses and get moving before you can't. I am sorry if this is harsh but, sometimes that is what one needs to hear. No sugar coating here. Good luck.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Give me a list of your top three reasons for wanting to lose weight. Your motivation will be in there somewhere.