Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Exercises to tone jaw and neckline?

need to tone up jaw and neckline, anyone have any exercises to share??

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    weighted neck raises.

IMG_4340-199x300.jpg
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Lol, think that'll kill me!
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    weighted neck raises.

IMG_4340-199x300.jpg

Bahahaha.

OP, the only thing I can think of is exercises to increase neck size. (I know somebody who did it because he kept getting knocked out in MMA fights). Google it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    you work up to it, best way to keep your head up once you bind up in the scrum.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    weighted neck raises.

IMG_4340-199x300.jpg

There is a 75+ year old man at my gym that does this but instead of a plate he hooks himself up to the cable machine. Made me do a double take at first but after a while I was all... gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

OP are you talking about double chin? Or are you talking about sagging skin on your neck? I noticed that when I lose or gain any weight the first place I notice it is in my face, chin etc. So losing weight will most likely help reduce extra fat in that area. If it is loose, sagging skin maybe try a good moisturizer (face and neck cream). Hope it works out for you :smile:

• Gailey
    Gailey Posts: 36 Member
    need to tone up jaw and neckline, anyone have any exercises to share??

I watched Beverely Callard once explaining that you pull a gurn similar to "Blakey" on "On the buses" and that helped prevent turkey neck!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    my response would probably get me flagged and banned
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited February 2015
    If it is loose sagging skin, check out a product called Nectifirm. I have not tried it yet but has good reviews. If it is a double chin, weigh loss will definitely help!!
    I don't think exercises help unfortunately
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Um...more BJs?

Yeah I have heard Ben and Jerry's ice cream does wonders for the mouth and neck.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Um...more BJs?

This! 30 day challenge should work
  • AJL_Daddy
    AJL_Daddy Posts: 525 Member
    Um...more BJs?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Ilikelamps wrote: »
    Um...more BJs?

Yeah I have heard Ben and Jerry's ice cream does wonders for the mouth and neck.

Only if it looks something like this:
    tumblr_inline_na4birGFzp1s6lw3t.gif
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    41QfzaKtvPL._SY300_.jpg
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Thanks for the feedback i think!
    Made me laugh, hubbys eyes lit up when i read out some answers
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member

You're a good sport. :smile:

The most honest answer is that there is nothing you can do to spot-reduce fat around your face, or anywhere really, besides consistently eating less than you burn.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    gnaw on a leather strap
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Well you can't just spot reduce, but weight loss will reduce this. There are several stretching type exercises such as rolling your head back to look at the ceiling, and head circles to stretch the neck muscles. I hope this helps!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    jfkc8w.jpg

Try these and give your hubby an ab workout while your working your neck n jaw.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    you work up to it, best way to keep your head up once you bind up in the scrum.

A rugby reference - nice!

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member

Good sport!

Sadly, once we ladies cruise into our late 40s and beyond, a combination of gravity and hormonal skin changes means that we get a bit of an unavoidable wattle -- even very thin Women of A Certain Age seek a firmer jawline...and there are no exercises for it. The truly desperate and wealthy get face lifts, the rest of us just wear more turtlenecks, LOL.