Options
13»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    s9foster wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Where did you come up with your numbers? They seem a bit high to me. I am a male working out hard daily and I still am only at 1400 a day.

Well, where did you come up with your numbers? That seems low.
    My trainer suggested 1600 to 1800 calories per day based on my workouts. So Jim says eat less and arditarose says eat more? Guess I can try both.
    You only eat more if you are certain you are tracking correctly and re not having weight stall problems. Eating more means increasing calories while staying in a deficit.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    betuel75 wrote: »
    I'm a male that works out/lifts about 4-5 times a week for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours a days. Some days I throw cardio in. Friday I ride my mountain bike to work which is 35 minute ride each way at a rate where my heart rate is around 135 average and can get up to 160 in some parts. I ride on Saturdays for 1 3/4 hours up and down hills for over 1k calories and I still am lucky to eat 1400 calories. Don't feel I need more and feel just fine with these numbers. Today I'm at over 1800 cause I splurged and feel it's too much food. If I ate 1800 everyday may loss would be very very slow even with all this exercise...

LOL

"the road to skinny fat"...

It's a lonely road...

And reading back "1800 is too much food", I think I spit out my diet Dr pepper on that one.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm a male that works out/lifts about 4-5 times a week for about 1 1/2 - 2 hours a days. Some days I throw cardio in. Friday I ride my mountain bike to work which is 35 minute ride each way at a rate where my heart rate is around 135 average and can get up to 160 in some parts. I ride on Saturdays for 1 3/4 hours up and down hills for over 1k calories and I still am lucky to eat 1400 calories. Don't feel I need more and feel just fine with these numbers. Today I'm at over 1800 cause I splurged and feel it's too much food. If I ate 1800 everyday may loss would be very very slow even with all this exercise...

A gown man eating 1400? Why? That makes no sense.

I don't get it either. An eating disorder perhaps???

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

That or a complete lack of understanding on nutrition and weight loss.

I am guessing combination of two
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Eating disorder? Single digit body fat. You know what that is?
  • betuel75
    Options
    yup,binging on donuts once a week, then eating 1,400 all week to make up for it. 1400 is easy. Im proud of 1400 a day, look at my diary, i eat plenty of food though out the day reach and my protein goals on 1400 calories. You guys sound like haters...
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    when's the last time you changed up your workout?

your body gets more efficient over time, it conditions itself to get used to what you're asking it to do. and since it loves to conserve energy, it will learn to burn less of it doing what it expects you to ask of it.
  • betuel75
    Options
    I dont starve myself on 1400 calories to get lean. Its plenty of food. Again look at my log of things i eat for 1400, not starving, not painful...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I dont starve myself on 1400 calories to get lean. Its plenty of food. Again look at my log of things i eat for 1400, not starving, not painful...

on some days you netted -175 calories, others just 220 calories. I don't know on which planet this is not starving yourself??? :confounded:

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    yup,binging on donuts once a week, then eating 1,400 all week to make up for it. 1400 is easy. Im proud of 1400 a day, look at my diary, i eat plenty of food though out the day reach and my protein goals on 1400 calories. You guys sound like haters...

I'm curious... In what world would anyone be jealous of how little you eat? "OMG, I can't believe he can eat so little, I sooo wish I could do that, so I could lose all my muscle."

The hater in me compels me to say you're projecting.

The reality is, is that this community would rather piss you off, then stand idly by while you give bad advice.

Are YOU perhaps jealous that there are females who get competition level body fat on over 2k, while you tout your 1400 as though that number is acceptable for an active, grown male?