Considering Pizza

Options
2»

Replies

• shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like to use naan bread instead of pita for the crust... a bit more chewy :) But meat for crust??? Recipe please!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    OP says you can, so yes.
  • slodawnc
    slodawnc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cheesy Chicken and Herb Pizza

Crust:
    1 lb ground Chicken or Turkey (or other ground meat)
    1 TB Italian seasoning
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp salt (I actually leave the salt out)
    1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
    1 egg white

Toppings:
    3/4 cup pizza or tomato sauce
    3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
    Optional Toppings: parmesan cheese and veggies (red onion, green peppers, olives, mushrooms, etc.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet pan with foil and spray with non-stick
    cooking spray or use parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix all of the ingredients for the crust of the pizza.

Flatten crust out in a circular shape (or a rectangle) on the prepared baking pan. Crust should be about 1/8 inch thick. Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Turn oven temperature up to 425 degrees.

Spread pizza saude over the crust and sprinkle with cheese over the top of sauce. Layer with additional toppings if desired. Place pizza back in the oven and bake for an additional 7-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and toppings cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Cut pizza into 8 slices and enjoy!!

Makes 8 servings (1 slicer per serving)
    111 calories, 4 g fat, 2 g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1 g sugar, 17 g protein, 300 mg sodium

Recipe adapted from dashing dish
  • slodawnc
    Options
    My husband likes this recipe so I hope you will too.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. I looks absolutely delicious:-)
  • slodawnc
    Options
    Your welcome. :-) Let me know how you like it.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    WOW
  • areallycoolstory
    Options
    4uw1jtk3y54v.jpg

So I didn't wind up having pizza for dinner last night. I went with steak and veggies. But guess what I had for lunch today. Meat crust rules! Thanks again, slodawnc
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    What the heck is on there? It looks like mango? or pineapple?
  • areallycoolstory
    Options
    Hawaiian Style with pineapple. It's a pretty common where I live. Usually it is done with pineapple and ham. But I skipped the ham because the crust was meat. I totally enjoyed it. Next time I will season the meat a bit more though...like I would a meatloaf. It was delish!
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    What the heck is on there? It looks like mango? or pineapple?

Pineapple
  • JimFsfitnesspal
    JimFsfitnesspal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When I am eating pizza at it's first meal I usually have two slices (it is a treat) but when I am doing the leftovers I try to pair up one slice with chicken or turkey or vegetables to make a meal. Combining foods also helps stretch out those carbs from spiking my blood sugars. I feel better about eating a slice also if it is right before (1-2 hours) my lifting workout.

I prefer getting my pizza with as much meat as possible and less cheese. That helps offset the carbs for me.

Also, the calorie / carb content varies GREATLY depending on the brand, the size, and the toppings.

• ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ive had pizza several times since starting this journey six weeks ago, and it hasn't kept me from losing. It helps keep me on track knowing that I can occasionally have the yummy foods I love. Log it, enjoy it, and don't feel guilty! :)
  • areallycoolstory
    Options
    Ive had pizza several times since starting this journey six weeks ago, and it hasn't kept me from losing. It helps keep me on track knowing that I can occasionally have the yummy foods I love. Log it, enjoy it, and don't feel guilty! :)

I agree. Funny thing is I skipped the pizza last night. I had some steak and veggies that didn't satisfy me, and the scale went up 7/10 of an lb. There is something to be said for how we feel about the food. Feeling guilty is not going to help. I totally get that now. Actually, I got it before. Then I started to stress about pizza, and I forgot that I got it. Then some folks reminded me, and then, well...you read the thread:-)
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    tmnt-pizza.jpg