Salmon Recipes for non-fish eater?

Options
2»

Replies

• ChipChocolatePancake
    Options
    Marinating it in teriyaki sauce does WONDERS. Seriously, I love salmon anyways, but if you get the right marinade you can barely even taste the fish. If she ever does decide she likes it, it is also excellent cooked in the oven with some garlic powder, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    'Sorry that the salmon did not work. Ask the doctor for suggestions beyond oily fish.

Edited to add:
    For example it is the ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 that is important. One can eat less omega 6.
  • sweetmelissabw
    Options
    My wife is under doctor's orders to start eating fatty fish. She's been a vegetarian for years and never liked fish before that. I've bought some wild caught salmon. Ordinarily, i would just broil or poach it, but I am looking for a recipe that hides the fishiness. Any ideas?

• sweetmelissabw
    Options
    I take chili powder and dark brown sugar on the top. Bake it until flakey. My kids even love it.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Allrecipes.com has some very yummy salmon recipes

Maybe give her fish oil or omega3 vitamin
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If the doctor recommended the fish for the Omega 3s and yet your wife won't eat fish, then perhaps getting omega3s from plant sources would work......ground flax seed, chia seeds and walnuts might help
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I can't stand cooked salmon because I find it very fishy tasting, but I love it smoked, or raw as sashimi. Has she ever tried sashimi? Salmon sashimi (or even nigiri) is delicious, as a most fatty fishes properly prepared as sashimi. If raw fish doesn't appeal to her, maybe smoked salmon on a nice French baguette with cream cheese?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    You can marinate it. I tried actually the chipotle bbq seasoning about 1 tbsp with a little water and 1 tbsp olive oil I mixed it togetger and set in a baking dish I rubbed the fish in it good then baked at 375 for 30 min. About 6 4oz pcs. Turned out yummy no fishy taste. So I would try lits of different marinades ir rubs.