Options
13»

Replies

• Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    2 Eggs
    Scoop protein
    Half a banana maybe some milk (almond/hazelnut,soy whatever you prefer)

seems to work well

or if i prefer a 'proper' one

2 eggs
    scoop protein
    1 tbs coconut flour/ground almonds

find it mixes better with a fork than a spoon

and use real butter to grease the pan
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I saw some great recipes for pancakes that you can include your protein shake in. So I gave it a shot!

I stuck in 1 scoop of anabolic matrix protein shake, 2 eggs and about half a cup of milk with some raisins (which I wont do again after seeing how many carbs were in those little bi***es)

I lightly oiled the pan with butter and let it heat a little, poured in the mix and waited a while. The thing just stuck to the dang pan and fell apart the moment I so much as poked it. Ended up with scrambled egg protein thingy... I tried my second pancake with more oil.. sunflower oil (making them even more unhealthy) and the second one just went black on one side and fell apart again.

Guide me oh wise ones on how I make these dang pancakes properly.. I am confuddled and I feel like a bit of a tard right now.

well I don't know how to make THOSE pancakes.

but i make amazing other kind of pancakes (that are sort of healthy) and here is what works for me-
    1. do not over mix the batter
    2. i let my batter sit over night in the fridge. yes, that means you have to plan ahead:noway:
    3. let the pan heat up, butter/spray it, and then lower to medium.
    4. pour the batter and let it cook till it's ready. for regular pancakes that means that it starts to set and you start to see craters on the top surface. if you try to flip it before, you will get the afore-mentioned scrambled mess.
    5. the second side will cook much faster.
    6. "you are forgetting the first pancake phenomenon mr. nash" (rory gilmore, sorry couldn't resist)...
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    bump for that dude's blog link. found a bunch of good recipes on there.
  • seleniabailarina
    Options
    lol! this is funny....i tried my first shot at protein pancakes today (1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of almond milk & 1/2 cup oats). the end result? looked like POOP, i mean PURE gross! i had to add some regular pancake mix to make it look appealing! i'll stick to getting my protein another whey (get it?!?!?!?)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If no one else has suggested this yet - ditch the protein powder pancakes.

If you want tasty higher protein pancakes try making cottage cheese pancakes - several recipes to be found w/ Google.

If you want more fiber and vitamins, etc, make this recipe: http://www.pbfingers.com/2011/09/16/banana-bread-protein-pancakes/. Just be sure that your banana is really ripe or all you'll taste is plain oatmeal. I like to add vanilla extract, almond extract, and cinnamon to the base recipe. You might also consider adding some baking powder because while the pancakes come out looking like normal pancakes and have a nice taste, they are more dense. That's my next experiment with this recipe.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    i eat pancakes every couple of months. sometimes home made, sometimes from a jug mix... sometimes with maple syrup, sometimes with nutmeg syrup. of course i haven't lost an ounce in years so i better shut my yap
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes universally suck.