Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    "Do not tear each other down or try to say what an ENTIRE gender likes and/or doesn't like or what makes a "real" woman real. Embrace and uplift each other. ♥ Bry"

So beautiful! Thank you for posting this, and for being an educated and intelligent woman! <3

:happy: thank you, kindly.
    Options
    to anyone who has ever said "Real men like curves, not bones" 3 things...

1) did you question ALL men and they ALL said the same thing? Really?!?
    2) since when are MEN compared to dogs that is acceptable?
    3) and most importantly, why pit women against other women?

Men are not dogs and women do not come in one size fits all. Do not tear each other down or try to say what an ENTIRE gender likes and/or doesn't like or what makes a "real" woman real. Embrace and uplift each other. ♥ Bry
    I find those posts laughable, because even most females ideas of "curves" very. What one woman saying that in a thread may be very different from what another woman thinks she's saying in said thread. To some a curvy woman is only a woman who is 180+ pounds, to other's a curvy woman is a woman that's at a healthy BMI but without any muscle definition whatsoever, and to me a curvy woman is a woman who has measurements that = curves. Because logically if you measure out to be 40 30 40 you have curves, and if you're 34 24 34 you have curves, if you have 32 26 38 you have curves, see how the numbers very and one size is smaller? OMGZ logic, it's awful!!!!

On that note ipuffy = curves. Love you Bry <3

aw, :blushing: I :heart: you, too!!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    ARealMan.gif
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    av05d3.png
    Options
    ARealMan.gif

:heart: that saying!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Never said it and pretty sure most are at least happy with ONE bone if you're picking up what I'm putting down. :smokin:
    Options
    av05d3.png

1) did you question ALL men and they ALL said the same thing? Really?!?
    2) since when are MEN compared to dogs that is acceptable?
    3) and most importantly, why pit women against other women?

Men are not dogs and women do not come in one size fits all. Do not tear each other down or try to say what an ENTIRE gender likes and/or doesn't like or what makes a "real" woman real. Embrace and uplift each other. ♥ Bry
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Thats one of those things that I read that sometimes (depending on time of month :laugh: ) can get me really upset. Because having gone from morbidly obese all the way through to healthy, I have a lot of self esteem issues. I have virtually no curves (at least not the kind "real men" are supposed to like) so now even though I am finally healthy and where I wanted to be 100 pounds ago, I still feel insecure and have certain family members etc who say these kind of things to me.

I read on another thread once, someone said that thin woman have enough attention for being thin, so let "thick" girls have this attention and stop complaining. Because two wrongs make a right??? ooooookay.....
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Come on people! The saying was minted to combat the runway images that are thrust upon us as the feminine ideal. It means you don't have to be a size ZERO to have self worth or be attractive. Really? That didn't occur to anyone?
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Come on people! The saying was minted to combat the runway images that are thrust upon us as the feminine ideal. It means you don't have to be a size ZERO to have self worth or be attractive. Really? That didn't occur to anyone?

i understand that, but no. To people who are smaller, I have seen some pretty nasty things said on the internet, and had them said to me in person. Things like "If you had known you would look like THAT after losing weight, would you still have lost it? You're flat chested now" and then posting those memes on my facebook wall just to make fun of me. So sometimes these things are said really negatively, and no it isnt ok. It is just as hurtful to make rude comments to a thin person as it is to a larger person. And what it is saying , to me as a women who is lacking in certain areas, is if you dont have a big chest and a big butt, you arent as attractive... that is not ok. Not all of us are built that way.

I know I am pretty sensitive about this stuff since I myself have a lot of self esteem issues. but this stuff can really bring someone down. if it is meant to be uplifting, why does it need to put down the runway models or normal thinner girls to do so? You can come up with another way to show the curvy girls love!
    Options

i understand that, but no. To people who are smaller, I have seen some pretty nasty things said on the internet, and had them said to me in person. Things like "If you had known you would look like THAT after losing weight, would you still have lost it? You're flat chested now" and then posting those memes on my facebook wall just to make fun of me. So sometimes these things are said really negatively, and no it isnt ok. It is just as hurtful to make rude comments to a thin person as it is to a larger person. And what it is saying , to me as a women who is lacking in certain areas, is if you dont have a big chest and a big butt, you arent as attractive... that is not ok. Not all of us are built that way.

I know I am pretty sensitive about this stuff since I myself have a lot of self esteem issues. but this stuff can really bring someone down. if it is meant to be uplifting, why does it need to put down the runway models or normal thinner girls to do so? You can come up with another way to show the curvy girls love!

Exactly! Or, ladies who had to gain to health or anyone in between. There is NO reason to put down one body type just to appease another. No. We can embrace and uplift each other. We don't have to be pitted against each other.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You are uber awesome PuffyHeart.

I have never understood why some people will tear down another person. It goes well beyond a woman belittling or taking digs at another woman over her body, looks, etc, because men do it to one another. Some people seem to take some sort of savage joy in being cruel to another person over anything from their shoes, to their looks, their economic, education, and so on. I do my best to not behave like that because it wasn't the way I was raised, but damn. Sometimes I just want to look at my friends and say "WTF?"

eta: and yes, there are times I tell them off and to STFU
  • DTJBMcT
    DTJBMcT Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Statements like the "dogs like bones" are offensive and childish, just like statements about how men don't like "fat chicks" are offensive and childish. My husband wouldn't want a woman that was skinny. Other men might look at me and think "GROSS". It's all about personal preference. Body shaming by anyone of ANYONE is the hallmark of a limited intellect.
    Options
    You are uber awesome PuffyHeart.

I have never understood why some people will tear down another person. It goes well beyond a woman belittling or taking digs at another woman over her body, looks, etc, because men do it to one another. Some people seem to take some sort of savage joy in being cruel to another person over anything from their shoes, to their looks, their economic, education, and so on. I do my best to not behave like that because it wasn't the way I was raised, but damn. Sometimes I just want to look at my friends and say "WTF?"

eta: and yes, there are times I tell them off and to STFU

why, thank ya kindly. :bigsmile:
    Options
    Statements like the "dogs like bones" are offensive and childish, just like statements about how men don't like "fat chicks" are offensive and childish. My husband wouldn't want a woman that was skinny. Other men might look at me and think "GROSS". It's all about personal preference. Body shaming by anyone of ANYONE is the hallmark of a limited intellect.

yes ma'am.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    av05d3.png

Did you not read the rest of the thread, or do you just still think that this is ok?
    Options
    av05d3.png

Did you not read the rest of the thread, or do you just still think that this is ok?

Right?!? When I saw it, I did a real life facepalm..... WTF? sigh....
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Right?!? When I saw it, I did a real life facepalm..... WTF? sigh....

Can't get them all. Cookie for you.

tumblr_mc4ngpyXvS1rz20dio3_250_zpsd4cd43e4.gif
  • k_saenz
    k_saenz Posts: 126
    Options
    Oba6pIg.gif

Lmao I love this