Sorry folks but constipation question

Options
13»

Replies

• momtolose15
    momtolose15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try psyllium husks. I have the same problem . It has worked wonders. I have tried water/veggies...nothing helped me like psyllium husks.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Well my friend had a problem like this, one of our mutual friends said hot water and honey or hot water and lemon, he said one of the two. I personally just drink a bottle of water and have some fibrous fruit like an apple and banana.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You can also do this, which can help sometimes, I just use my knuckle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39GIWquhWg
  • nicolaferris420
    nicolaferris420 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try hot water with a slice of lemon first thing in the morning and another couple throughout the day on top of your usual waster intake. I agree with the other posts about fat too, avacado works well. Good luck!
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Coffee on an empty stomach usually moves my morning mail.

On the very rare occasion I am backed up in a big way, I buy a bag of sugar-free jellie bellies from CVS, wait until I am home and don't need to be anywhere and eat the whole bag. The artificial sweetner in that stuff is, ahem. Well. It will completely clean you out.

Coffee is in the top of my food piramid...it is life
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    fiber is the key. I use Chocolite protein bars or Chocolite Chocolate Crispy Caramel things.

I get them from www.healthsmartfoods.com, and get coupon codes from www.retailmenot. The protein bars (1 to a package) are about 100 calories and have 10g protein and 10g fiber (for the package). the Caramel things (2 pieces to a package) have 6 g fiber and 30 cal each so for the package, it's 12 g fiber and 60 calories.

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Big problem for me. I cut out caffeine and I stopped and it lasted 4 - 5 days in a row... Talk about moody, and just a crappy feeling...

I have re-introduced caffeine and it is top of my food pyramid too!
  • karaboo20
    Options
    Try putting fiber supplement in your drink or Miralax in your drink. My uncle is a GI doctor and swears by Miralax
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Coffee on an empty stomach usually moves my morning mail.

On the very rare occasion I am backed up in a big way, I buy a bag of sugar-free jellie bellies from CVS, wait until I am home and don't need to be anywhere and eat the whole bag. The artificial sweetner in that stuff is, ahem. Well. It will completely clean you out.

Coffee is in the top of my food piramid...it is life

Oh yes, absolutely. The first thing I drink in the morning and the last thing I drink at night.
  • Brittany91389
    Brittany91389 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've got a funky stomach and even when I'm eating right my system doesn't always work well. A half dose of miralax every 2-3 days works perfectly.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    psyllium husk in water is the only thing that works for me. I take it every day. It has the added benefit of making me feel full longer so I don't get hungry.
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options

sodakat wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    When I was eating 1200 a day my bowels slowed to every other day. There just wasn't enough bulk to keep everything moving.

Exactly. Are you sure you're constipated? Maybe you're an every other day or every third day pooper now.

That's kind of my problem right now. I am on 1200, and I go every three days. It can get a bit annoying because after the third day I feel really full and I don't even want to eat until all the stuff is back out. I am getting enough fiber/water/fat, but I may try prunes (don't like the juice) to see if that helps me. I don't want to resort to laxatives if I don't have to.

Good luck! :D
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Arliah wrote: »
    sodakat wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    When I was eating 1200 a day my bowels slowed to every other day. There just wasn't enough bulk to keep everything moving.

Exactly. Are you sure you're constipated? Maybe you're an every other day or every third day pooper now.

That's kind of my problem right now. I am on 1200, and I go every three days. It can get a bit annoying because after the third day I feel really full and I don't even want to eat until all the stuff is back out. I am getting enough fiber/water/fat, but I may try prunes (don't like the juice) to see if that helps me. I don't want to resort to laxatives if I don't have to.

Good luck! :D

Me too...every three days. If it goes longer than that, I start looking for a cure.

On the other hand, if you are an every day weigher, if the second or third day your weight is the same as the day before, you can consider it a victory since you must have lost actual weight while retaining an increasing amount of poop.